Bigger Pop: Brock Lesnar or Goldberg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister_b1LL

Representing Seattle's Finest
I know y'all do this from time to time. You go around YouTube checking out old school Holy Shit moments in wrestling. I certainly did today and it got me curious as to which moment you thought had a bigger pop when it occured.

These two moments are pretty freaking amazing and it's gonna be hard to find moments that were crazier than these.

The first one happened on SmackDown. It's when Brock Lesnar superplexed the Big Show and the entire ring "imploded" as Cole put it.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqsVhYGQWCc[/YOUTUBE]

I mean, how sick was this when you first saw it? At this time I was still pretty youngin status and whether I knew this was gonna happen or not, it was still sick. The people in the arena definitely got their money's worth when they saw that as everybody in the arena was on their feet. And just kept popping...and popping...and popping!!! Thanks to the rewind feature on YT, I kept watching this moment over and over

And the opponent...

This moment happened on Monday Nitro. It was when Goldberg Jackhammered the Giant.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DF_IDkE5v0[/YOUTUBE]

Remember when Hulk Hogan scoop slammed Andre The Giant? Back in the 80s that was pretty amazing. But to see Goldberg throw around The Giant like that was probably something Hogan could never do. This moment in my mind cemented Goldberg as WCW's genetically jacked, athletically stacked freak of nature. Even with the horrible sound quality, you can hear in this video how loud the audience was. I've seen many moments where somebody picks up Paul Wight and executes a move. John Cena delivering an FU, Kurt Angle with an Angle Slam, and even tonight's contender Brock Lesnar delivering an F-5. But to me, in terms of stock moves (ie. not doing it on an announce table or from the top rope), Goldberg Jackhammering The Giant tops the list of moments.

Both of these moments had the crowd on their feet, cheering to their hearts content. Hell, I bet you screamed like a schoolgirl when those moments happened. But the most important question is: Which moment got the bigger pop?

In my opinion, I think Goldberg Jackhammering The Giant had the bigger pop. No one had seen someone toss a big man like that since WrestleMania III and everybody just went nuts for that. In my opinion, the actual action of Brock Lesnar superplexing Big Show didn't really get much of a pop. It wasn't until the ring imploded that everyone got on their feet, but I digress.

Two Holy Shit moments, both involving Paul Wight. Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg: Who got the bigger pop? Maybe this will be more interesting than their match at WrestleMania XX.

Okay I HONESTLY shouldn't comment on this because I ABSOLUTELY thought GOLDBERG was the WORST GIMMICK EVER! IT STILL ANNOYS ME TH@ A GUY WHO SO BLATANTLY STOLE SOMEONE'S GIMMICK KLIW GOLDBERG DID GETS COOL POINTS! I mean he didn't do ANYTHING EVEN SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT THEN STONE COLD! He was a BUM @ BEST! Now 2 be honest BROCK LESNAR to me was TRULY THE NEXT BIG THING! I was SCARED AND AMAZED when everytime this guy walked to the ring! HE WAS AWESOME! HE WAS A MONSTER BUT HE COULD ACTUALLY WRESTLE! He had an astonishing AMATUER BACKGROUND AND HE WAS CUT FROM ABSOLUTE GRANITE! HE REALLY WAS A FREAK OF NATURE! Add 2 that he had one of the greatest MOUTH PIECES in history cutting his PROMOS & I REALLY THOUGHT HE WOULD DOMINATE 4 EVER!!! That's why I think BROCK'S POP WAS BIGGER! I hated th@ they used AUSTIN'S POPULARITY 2 MAKE GOLDBERG HOT (plus the CANNED ARENA NOISE AND CHEERING)! See the REASON Y I THINK BROCK'S POP WAS BIGGER WAS BECAUSE U REALLY AND TRULY BELIEVED THAT BROCK WAS A LEGITIMATE BAD AZZ! U honestly NEVER truly felt the same about GOLDBERG! Ppl use 2 debate if STONE COLD could beat GOLDBERG but NO ONE THOUGHT BROCK COULD BE BEATEN PERIOD! HE WAS A BEAST! U can say what U want but there isn't a single physical feat U felt BROCK could NOT do! HE WAS THE REAL DEAL! Put it this way RIGHT NOW BROCK IS DOMINATING MMA FIGHT IN REAL LIFE! NO ONE EVEN VAGUELY BELIEVES GOLDBERG WOULD HAVE A SLIGHT CHANCE IN THE CAGE! Th@s Y I say BROCK'S POP WAS BIGGER EVERYONE ACTUALLY BELIEVED IT COULD REALLY HAPPEN WHILE PPL JUST WERE RIDING GOLDBERGS PUSH WITH HIS JACK HAMMER!!!

I Think Goldberg had a much bigger pop than Brock Lesner. Do not get me wrong, I like Lesner, but Goldberg's spear made Edge's look like a dropkick. Also Goldberg had his own fuel, he did not use Stone Cold's. His fans became fans because of him, also he had a great catchphrase. That is why Lesner is not as good as Goldberg

tell U the truth, both moments were unique in their own right, but there's nothing like seeing it in person, I was @ that Nitro when Goldberg jackhammered The Giant/Big Show & believe me when I say, I thought the United Center's roof was about 2 explode from the reaction, as 4 who got the biggest pop, I have 2 say Goldberg, & that's just from the constant "GOLDBERG" chants even B4 it was time 4 him 2 wrestle. Brock Lesnar, IMO, was more like a cross between Goldberg & Sid Vicious during his Skyscraper days the way he used 2 come out of nowhere & beat the brakes off whoever, I just wish their match @ WM XX wasn't as cheesy as it was.

ok first off, it would be great if people stopped typing in caps and started using proper grammer. Now with that being said, lesner had nothing on goldberg. goldberg was the man. lesner was never near as big as he was. Goldberg was one of the best. Also, could somone explain to me how goldberg gimmick was apperently stolen as stated above? im kinda interested in that explaination

Also, could somone explain to me how goldberg gimmick was apperently stolen as stated above? im kinda interested in that explaination

They are both bald and wore generic black trunks...DUH! LAWLZ!

In all seriousness though, I'm interested in knowing how the Goldberg gimmick was stolen from SCSA's gimmick as well.

Now for the topic at hand, Goldberg's pop was much bigger! I remember watching Nitro that night and that place exploded! Hell, the roof at my house almost exploded!

Goldberg had his own hockey chant...can't get much bigger than that. Not to take away from Lesnar, he was a beast. His move assortment was fantastic. The Brock-Lock and F5 got very decent pops but I don't think they were as good as Goldberg's spear, in which you could hear the "AHHHHHHHH" from the crowd when he nailed someone with it. The WWE spear gets helped by the opponent jumping in the air a little before impact. Goldberg's didn't do this and thus looked more nasty. The little touches like this I believe lead to such a strong pop.

I would say Goldberg. His character was way more over at the time. The storyline was interesting and he seemed indestructable at the time.

Lesnar was/is the better athlete and had the longer return on investment for either company, even though neither lasted very long. But Goldberg was more over within 3 months of arriving than Lesnar ever was during his entire run.

That being said.. both moments were amazing. If I had to pick one, to watch over and over, it's be the ring implosion. Since it was something different, it seems to stick in my mind better.

Game, I was curious about that too. I've never heard of a powerhouse that existed before Goldberg.

Anyways, lemme just try to get this forum back on track. This is not a debate on which wrestler got the bigger pop, but which MOMENT got the bigger pop when it happened. I enjoy hearing your opinions on which wrestler was better, but please, save that discussion for another forum.

Watching them both, Goldberg got the bigger pop, which is amazing, because Goldberg's was outdoors.

By the by, I don't know about Hogan not being able to do it. By all accounts, Hogan was ungodly strong, and it's not like they do all the lifting by themselves. Still, both were really impressive, and props to Big Show for taking those bumps.

ah ok my mistake. I would still have to say goldberg spot got the bigger pop. i mean first, as hulkamaniac said, it was outdoors, and it was still louder than lesners pop. Secondly i thought that the jackhammer on show/giant was so much cooler. Think about it, goldberg had to hold the big guy up with his strength alone, where as lesner was straining for what like 2 seconds and then gravity took over. Goldbergs spot was much cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back