• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Show To TNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

TNA star Kurt Angle is trying to talk Paul “Big Show” Wight into coming to TNA. After leaving WWE, Wight said that he was not ruling out a future in TNA, but first had to take some time off to recover from several nagging injuries as well as being run down from so much time on the road. If he was to end up in TNA he would have to come up with a different name since WCW owns the intellectual property rights to both Big Show and The Giant.

Paul Wight is said to be very good friends with Hulk Hogan and he says he wants to do what Hogan does. Hogan teased on Bubaa the Love Sponge radio show that he was going to start his own wrestling company and Big Show would be in it. Bubba then said it should also include Hall and Nash.

Since his WWE departure, Wight is said to be getting several major non-wrestling offers that he would probably accept before returning to the ring. He is also said to have lost 50 pounds since leaving and is training and more focused than he’s been in ten years. Wight is 35 years old.

I cant see it myself. I also think there is zero chance of Hogan going to TNA. What would TNA do with Show? He was in WWE for over 8 year's and they did'nt know what to do with him.

I also though he was older than 35. Is it possible that he could shift 200lbs and return to the ring, and live up the potential of 11 year's ago? No chance.

i hope big show doesnt go to TNA as he would have to drop the ''big show'' gimmick and start a new one. also i think he should re-sign with WWE and be general manager of raw or ECW!

I'm hoping that after some well deserved rest that Big Show signs to TNA. I think its a very likely thing to, considering he's been mentioning TNA for awhile and he's good friends with Angle. Angle could really potentially be the best thing to happen to TNA, because he's able to convince so many stars to take themselves there I think. If only he just got out there and started making calls.

Anyways, when he drops the Big Show moniker I'm sure they'll just call him Paul Wight like he was in his debut at the WWF. Hopefully we can see some good matches out of him in TNA, as I haven't seen much of anything good from him in a long time.

I can see it Paul in TNA... Hogan though? Nah... I can't see Hogan going into a TNA ring.

well paul said he would like to see what hogan does...i highly doubt big show will ever show up in TNA...though kurt angle is tryin to persuade him to go over he is better friends with hogan and therefore if hogan does make some sort of move towards tna then we will c paul make it as well..and if he doesnt...then he wont....if they can pay him what the wwe was paying him the last couple years he may make an appearance but i doubt they will match what the wwe was paying him

neither hogan or wight will go to TNA, yeah its less work and both have better things going on right now. as said in the 1st post paul wight has non-wrestling offers on the table im sure all are better then TNA.

Damn, I just saw on the main page of the site that Hogan got 1.8 Million $ for his match against Randy Savage at Wrestlemania V... I can't even imagine what he got for going against Vince McMahon at Wrestlemania 19... If he gets paid that much, and refuses to get paid 400k$ to appear at Wrestlemania, than you can definitely count on the fact that he's not coming to TNA.

If Hogan doesn't go there (thank god), count Big Show out. Big Show has got a lot going on, including television and movie possibilities. I don't think we'll be seeing him in wrestling any time soon. Then again, he is training like crazy, is it to go back to WWE to be able to stand going on a long schedule, or is it to go to TNA and be in the best shape of his life and try to put on some good wrestling matches ? I wonder...

Personally, I would not like to see him in a TNA ring, I believe he is very bad in the ring, and on the mic. ECW went down cause he was on as champion, and crushed just about every wrestler that is worth something in that place. Don't do the same to TNA :(.

Personally, I would not like to see him in a TNA ring, I believe he is very bad in the ring, and on the mic. ECW went down cause he was on as champion, and crushed just about every wrestler that is worth something in that place. Don't do the same to TNA :(.

If Big Show goes to TNA I will be devastated. You are right about what he did in ECW and I don't want to see that poison spread to TNA. He just isn't a fit there at all. At least TNA requires there talent to actually be "talented", and Big Show is nothing more than a big guy taking up space in the ring. He could never keep up in the ring, and other guys would suffer by having to carry him in matches.

Although I may get some heat for this, I believe it'd be a good thing for Big Show to go to TNA. Although he isn't the best wrestler in the world, or the best mic carrier, he isn't a half-bad big guy. If he drops the weight he'd be decent.

Besides, TNA really doesn't have any unstopable monsters. Abyss is one, but A big man like Big Show (as well as his name sake) could put over may people. I mean, imagine someone in the X Division beating him? That could escalate them into the Main Event, if not the Mid-Card if they aren't already there.

Big Show in TNA?? Nah, i wouldnt wanna see it. Show aint that great, just big. Everyone would have to slow down to make a good match with Big Show. Ya, he could be used to get people over, but he did that constantly in wwe. It seems nowadays that beating the Big Show is more believable than losing to him. Big Show in wwe always seemed to be "the odds against a wrestler", so with that him losing became normal. And that would make a TNA match, or an X-Division guy in a match, more boring and not what TNA is about. As for Hogan, no explanation here, keep him outta TNA. No one's gonna "lay down for him."

TNA can not afford the Big Show. kurt angle is currently pain $750 000 a year while paul wight turned down $1 000 000 a year from the WWE. do you think he will accept less money from tna? hell no! and tna would not consider payin him more than kurt angle

Yes, in all actuallity he may. The reason he turned it down wasn't because it wasn't enough, it was because he couldn't take the road life any more.

TNA would be sure money and he wouldn't have to travel a much.

Source: The Pro Wrestling Torch

Big Show's contract with WWE expired just days ago. He was offered a six-figure "intellectual property" offer where WWE would retain rights to his likeness being used in any project, but he turned that down.

He is not, however, expected to sign with TNA anytime soon. Instead, he is involved in another project which will be announced likely before summer.

Big Show, real name Paul Wight, has lost a lot of weight since leaving WWE, as he is taking better care of himself since he's not on the road tempted by restaurant indulgences and catering. He also has stopped smoking; he had been a chain smoker.

Now that been said, wonder if TNA pulled another fast one and got him to sign under WWE's nose, and he popped up at Destination X...now that would make me smile.

Cant see it happening...but it would be exciting.

Initially yes, Show coming to TNA would make a huge impact but in the long run it would more prudent of TNA to focus on building their own talent instead of wasting time on someone who

A) is at physical risk of hurting himself more so than others
B) is payed more than he's really worth
C) 's impact will only be felt TEMPORARILY and then fizzle into nothing just like when he debuted in WWE at Valentine's Day Massacre. Huge at first, then completely forgettable.

Angle was a so/so acquisition. The best person TNA has picked up is easily Christian. TNA should be concentrating on acquiring young, underrated, underused talent like Christian, like Gregory Helms and the soon-to-be available RVD.

if you recall back in wcw days nwo had nash hall hogan and big show. if big show jumps to tna and hall sings with tna than hogan sings with tna i can see nwo in tna

It goes to tell you how terrible Wimpy Wrestling Entertainment mishandled Big Slow when they could ve have put him up against Great Khali that would hav ebeen a good match and have him lose to Great Khali and that is Big Slow's departure but in WCW he was well handled and they knew what to do withhim compared to WWE as for HOgan he is in talks with TNA and hopefully Get Big Slow in into TNA! but one question does anyone know what is going on with Chris Jericho ? Is he fringing signing with TNA or not? He teased last year with the banner of TNA in his pic and nothing! Where is Shawn Waltman and Scott Hall? What ever happened to ALex Wright he should join TNA
We know now Billy Kidman,Sabu and RVD are heading to TNA !

It goes to tell you how terrible Wimpy Wrestling Entertainment mishandled Big Slow when they could ve have put him up against Great Khali that would hav ebeen a good match and have him lose to Great Khali and that is Big Slow's departure but in WCW he was well handled and they knew what to do withhim compared to WWE as for HOgan he is in talks with TNA and hopefully Get Big Slow in into TNA! but one question does anyone know what is going on with Chris Jericho ? Is he fringing signing with TNA or not? He teased last year with the banner of TNA in his pic and nothing! Where is Shawn Waltman and Scott Hall? What ever happened to ALex Wright he should join TNA
We know now Billy Kidman,Sabu and RVD are heading to TNA !

Wimpy Wrestling Entertainment yes that must be why it is the most popular wrestling organization today..i guess the majority of the world loves wimpy wrestling...wwe never mishandled the big SHOW..putting him up against the great khali would have been misusing him..are you kidding me dude? having those 2 big people in the ring..both not fast at all and one who cant even wrestle..yea that would have def been good use of him.im glad your not creative team...he was handled so well in the wcw to a certain degree..but from what i recall he jumped ship because he was getting tired of the nonsense he was seeing in wcw...chris jericho is doing his thing and as we know of right now isnt returning yet nor do i think he wants to just yet..but its a possibility in the future..as to what company? depends on the money and schedule...Scott Hall needs to lose a massive amoutn of weight and get back into shape if he wants to enter a ring again...SEAN who knows what he is doing right now but the possibility is there for him as well for BOTH companies...and you don't know RVD is heading to TNA because the company can choose to just toss him a title and he will no doubt stick around...as of right now that is still a RUMOR

Why would anybody want Big Show in TNA? What does he bring that they don't have? They've already got a roster too big to use, and adding the Big Show is just going to make it worse trying to cram everybody in. He is decent and has a good ring presence, but they have enough guys for now and shouldnt add anymore huge names until they have more time to play with

Show in TNA.... I would like to see it for a while, Abyss, Rhyno, Jarrett.
If Show goes toTNA they need 2 hours for sure

Yeah I don't like this idea, Big Show has slowed down greatly from his old pace. And as you'll all find out, I can't stand a slow paced match. Thats just me though, I'm sure there are plenty of people who are fans of that kind of stuff. But Big Show just doesn't do anything for me. A Samoa Joe feud could be intersting though...

Big Show going to TNA wouldn't really suprise me.
The schedule is way easier, allowing him to try out some Hollywood stuff as well.

sign him,
make him champ
make angle beat him
release him

thats pretty much the order of what TNA would get out of Big Show...pretty much a second coming of ECW....they didnt want RVD to loose to lashely so they gave the title to show and let lashely beat him....dont want angle to beat christian so give it to show and have angle beat sho....then cut him...pretty much a big waste of money but it wouldnt suprise me

I really hope that Big Show doesn't sign with TNA because they don't need a giant yet, maybe if they signed the Great Khali too then I would agree but I don't see that happening.
It's just that there is maybe 4 people that can take the Big Show in TNA, those are Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Abyss, and Kevin Nash, I don't see anyone else being able to beat the Big Show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back