• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFG or Bragging Rights

Yeah, but I've seen TNA fans get this way before only to be let down hard. Remember Joe's title reign? Man, that must have sucked for those who were behind Joe.

I don't, actually. I'm a recent TNA fan. Just started watching about 6 months ago, so it's been a pretty consistent improvement from week to week for me. So yeah, maybe I'm about to get burned in the near future. If so, c'est la vie. It happens. At least I got a few months of good rasslin' out of it.

WHich one has Stevie? That's your winner there.

WHich one has Stevie? That's your winner there.
I've had to fastforward through some of his recent stuff with Abyss to make sure nobody got a good look at what kind of trash I was watching.

I've had to fastforward through some of his recent stuff with Abyss to make sure nobody got a good look at what kind of trash I was watching.

Yeah, admittedly the whole Dr Stevie/Daphne/Abyss thing hasn't exactly been the height of sports entertainment lately.

What?! Stevie and Daffney have been terrific TV. They're promos are among the best in the company, and it's all made Abyss relevant again. without these two, there is no Abyss v Foley at BFG.

Yeah, admittedly the whole Dr Stevie/Daphne/Abyss thing hasn't exactly been the height of sports entertainment lately.

:blink:

:disappointed: You shame me, Dex...

Stream one of them.

Also, RAW isn't great but there's still ECW. And SD. But ECW most of all, because it has the best balance of good matches and promos and was the most consistently entertaining show until SD go awesome'd in the draft.

What?! Stevie and Daffney have been terrific TV. They're promos are among the best in the company, and it's all made Abyss relevant again. without these two, there is no Abyss v Foley at BFG.
Foley vs. Abyss is such an obvious match that it would have been booked with or without Stevie. Foley can be such an awesome promo guy that if he had to, he could bring Abyss' cred back with five minutes worth of talking. Pretty much what Foley did with Edge prior to SummerSlam last year, making us stop thinking of Edge as a sissy, Vickie-loving little bitch and start thinking of him as the baddest motherfucker Taker's ever faced. This absurd storyline is definately not necessary.

Also, looking at how bad most of Abyss' recent booking has been... is it really all that much of an acomplishment to improve on it?

This is the better garbage that Abyss has had booked for him lately. Doesn't mean it's not garbage.

Okay its gonna be BFG for me just so i can see Amazing Red, I think im in love with him now!!!

This coming from a guy with a Zack Ryder avatar...

So because I have a Ryder avatar, my opinion on the matter is invalid? It was a good match... and I believed that Ryder actually had a shot of pulling off the upset.

Angle couldn't have lost, because he'd look weak against Morgan. It was the best ending.

Well, in all fairness, it was stupid to book that match on free TV in the first place.

So because I have a Ryder avatar, my opinion on the matter is invalid? It was a good match... and I believed that Ryder actually had a shot of pulling off the upset.

Because you have a Ryder avatar, your opinion on anything Ryder-related is invalid.

Well, in all fairness, it was stupid to book that match on free TV in the first place.

How? We're talking about it 3 days later, aren't we?

No. It would have been stupid to give away a clean ending to that match on free TV. Teasing how good a match it'd be if allowed to conclude cleanly on a PPV in a one on one setting is what the free TV shows are there for.

If someone in a giant diving helmet brandishing a rivet gun ever shows up in WWE, I'll be sure not to comment on its matches.
:lmao: I'm not sure if I should sit that seeing as I just changed my sig today, but that's definately getting a rep.

That should definately be Paul Burchill's next gimmick.

Because you have a Ryder avatar, your opinion on anything Ryder-related is invalid.

I wasn't aware that we were taking this debate to a fifth grade level.

How? We're talking about it 3 days later, aren't we?

Styles nearly jobbed 3 days before the PPV on free television. If Styles had reversed the ankle lock right before the bell rang, with Angle in complete shock, it would have been the perfect way to end that match. An epic battle, with both guys unable to solve each other and out of time. It would have been the perfect way to begin that feud after the dust settled from BFG.

Now, Styles looks like he's a paper champion, and Kurt looks like #1, just without the title. Also, we've pretty much seen what they can do now, only with it ending with Kurt going over.

Why am I jumping to conclusions? Because at the end of the day, it's TNA. Why should I expect them to let Styles have a lengthy run and be given the opportunity to run with the ball?

Styles nearly jobbed 3 days before the PPV on free television. If Styles had reversed the ankle lock right before the bell rang, with Angle in complete shock, it would have been the perfect way to end that match. An epic battle, with both guys unable to solve each other and out of time. It would have been the perfect way to begin that feud after the dust settled from BFG.

Now, Styles looks like he's a paper champion, and Kurt looks like #1, just without the title. Also, we've pretty much seen what they can do now, only with it ending with Kurt going over.

Why am I jumping to conclusions? Because at the end of the day, it's TNA. Why should I expect them to let Styles have a lengthy run and be given the opportunity to run with the ball?

Did you watch the match? Did you watch the post match interviews? Angle had the chance to build himself up as being the "winner", and AJ got the chance to say he never lost, and wasn't going to tap. It's all building for the future. AJ going over cleanly means that Angle looks weak for tonight, and doesn't look like a real competitor for the belt in the future.

AJ going over cleanly means that Angle looks weak for tonight, and doesn't look like a real competitor for the belt in the future.
Not at all. Angle could have taken the loss and not been worse off for it. Of course smark logic says different, but you'd be wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back