• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BFG or Bragging Rights

And if someone were to start watching WWE right now and give it a chance for a few weeks, you think they'd be impressed? Most people wouldn't be able to get through one episode of Raw without turning it off.

I would advise them to stay away from Raw and watch ECW, Superstars, and Smackdown. Those three shows produce 4 hours a week of very good to great wrestling.

I'd even say to watch Raw from 9:30-10:30. There's still some worthwhile stuff on Raw to watch from the likes of Kofi, The Miz, MVP, Swagger, and Bourne.

Meh, even the "good" matches on Raw with guys like Kofi and Miz isn't very good compared to even even the TNA Knockouts. Alissa Flash and Hamada had a hell of a match on Impact, better than any match from the WWE this week.

But yeah, Raw is drivel, total drivel. ECW manages to usually be half a good show, Superstars usually has better wrestling than both ECW & Raw combined, and Smackdown is easily their best show right now. Impact over the last few weeks has begun rivaling Smackdown as the best wrestling show on TV though. Impact was far better than Smackdown this week atleast.

And if someone were to start watching WWE right now and give it a chance for a few weeks, you think they'd be impressed? Most people wouldn't be able to get through one episode of Raw without turning it off.

This weeks Raw was decent. And SD has been good for months now. Even with Batista on SD, they've kept making quality episodes.

Meh, even the "good" matches on Raw with guys like Kofi and Miz isn't very good compared to even even the TNA Knockouts. Alissa Flash and Hamada had a hell of a match on Impact, better than any match from the WWE this week.

Check out the thread "Win A Match". It's all about the Hamada/Flash feud, and I posted last week's match...

I want to see the Divas do anything comparable...It's not possible...

I don't get this WWE vs TNA argument. It made sense when you actually had to choose on a monday night, but they don't even directly compete. Why does it matter? You can watch both.

I don't get this WWE vs TNA argument. It made sense when you actually had to choose on a monday night, but they don't even directly compete. Why does it matter? You can watch both.

You can...But do you really want to? WWE has been pretty awful lately...

Even when I can watch, I get a good hour of stuff, and then something completely stupid comes on TV, and pisses me off.

Well yeah... I do. I'm a wrestling fan. I watch as much of it as I reasonably can. I watch 4 hours of WWE a week and 2 hours of TNA... 6 hours a week. I figure that's about as much as I should be fitting into my weekly tv schedule.

Well yeah... I do. I'm a wrestling fan. I watch as much of it as I reasonably can. I watch 4 hours of WWE a week and 2 hours of TNA... 6 hours a week. I figure that's about as much as I should be fitting into my weekly tv schedule.

I watch 24/7, and whatever I can find on YouTube. I need to give the DVDs I won another viewing also...

That's what I'm saying. Yeah, it sucks from time to time but we're fans of the sport, so we watch anyway and just sit around bitching about it.

TNA features better wrestling on Impact then most WWE PPVs do.
No, they don't. This week's main event may be fresh in your mind, but don't let it make you go to extremes like this. Impact is above all the storyline show. Quality matches aren't a regularity, at least not in my view.

No, they don't. This week's main event may be fresh in your mind, but don't let it make you go to extremes like this. Impact is above all the storyline show. Quality matches aren't a regularity, at least not in my view.

Find me a WWE PPV match from the last few months that was anywhere near as good as that Styles-Angle match.

Ever since AJ won the title the product has been drastically changing. There was a ridiculous amount of in-ring action on this week's Impact, it was like a PPV.

Go check out my thread "More Viewers = Better Product...?"
WWE doesn't need to fall on that shitty argument to prove itself the better product.

Maybe I should go read the thread before coming up with snappy retorts.

In response to the question originally posed by this thread, BFG by a fucking mile. Bragging Rights is liable to be very weak if Orton wrestles like he normally does.

Find me a WWE PPV match from the last few months that was anywhere near as good as that Styles-Angle match.

Ever since AJ won the title the product has been drastically changing. There was a ridiculous amount of in-ring action on this week's Impact, it was like a PPV.

Amen brudda man...

WWE doesn't need to fall on that shitty argument to prove itself the better product.

So, you're picking Bragging Rights to watch?

In response to the question originally posed by this thread, BFG by a fucking mile. Bragging Rights is liable to be very weak if Orton wrestles like he normally does.

So...I'm lost here. "WWE is the better product! Watch Bound For Glory!'

:headscratch:

You make it sound like that kind of match is a regular thing.

What's recent?

Also, our tastes in wrestling are very different so this is liable to be pushing it for you.

-Punk vs. Hardy @ SummerSlam
-Jerishow vs. Reytista @ Hell in a Cell
-Rey vs. Jericho @ The Bash
-Punk vs. Hardy @ NOC
-Rey vs. Ziggler @ SummerSlam

Do they exceed the quality of the Angle-Styles bout? Some do, some match it, some come close. But to say the average Impact has matches that dwarf what you get when you buy a WWE PPV is just silly. I'd take an average (or even slightly below average) WWE PPV like HIAC over the run of the mill Impact any day of the week.

If we're allowed to look at any matches from WWE this year and put them up against any matches from TNA this year, find me as many good matches in TNA as the WWE has had this year. Look at Taker vs. Michaels, Morrison vs. Bourne (from Morrison's last ECW), Christian vs. Swagger (Christian's first shot at the belt on SciFi), the two Elimination Chamber matches at No Way Out, the Jericho-Mysterio matches, the SmackDown matches between Punk and Morrison, Morrison vs. Rey, Morrison vs. Jeff, some of the pre-Mania bouts between Miz/Morrison and the Colons, and so on. Heck, in a forgotten throw-away ECW match this year, Tyson Kidd and Evan Bourne threw down a match that was about as good as Angle and AJ's was. Let's not get carried away because TNA is better than it usually is right now.

Yeah, Raw sucks. Yeah, there are plenty of problems. But when the WWE is on, which is more often than TNA, they're all the way on and are a better wrestling company than TNA.

Once again, not the norm. I'll be impressed when the average Impact is that good.

So, you're picking Bragging Rights to watch?

So...I'm lost here. "WWE is the better product! Watch Bound For Glory!'

:headscratch:
TNA's have one of their occasional hot-streaks while Bragging Right's looks average. However, this isn't representative of TNA's usual quality.

That clear it up for you, Einstein?

I think Zack Ryder vs. Christian was a lot more exciting to watch than Angle vs. Styles as well. It also did a great job of putting Ryder over, whereas I'm still not a fan of how they booked Styles in that match. He should have gotten the pinfall victory over Angle to look strong going into BFG.

Once again, not the norm. I'll be impressed when the average Impact is that good.

Is the average Impact going to be THAT good? No, probably not. Even in the best of times, WWF wasn't absolutely tip-top amazing like I thought Impact was this past week every time. I'd settle for just consistently entertaining.

Has it been consistently entertaining? For the past couple of months, yeah. But of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything... that's a couple of months leading into their version of Wrestlemania, so of course they're going to step it up. It does show they have it in them to put out a good product though, and like I said earlier, it makes me hopeful.

TNA's have one of their occasional hot-streaks while Bragging Right's looks average. However, this isn't representative of TNA's usual quality.

That clear it up for you, Einstein?

The last few WWE PPVs have looked "average".

I think Zack Ryder vs. Christian was a lot more exciting to watch than Angle vs. Styles as well. It also did a great job of putting Ryder over, whereas I'm still not a fan of how they booked Styles in that match. He should have gotten the pinfall victory over Angle to look strong going into BFG.

This coming from a guy with a Zack Ryder avatar...

Angle couldn't have lost, because he'd look weak against Morgan. It was the best ending.

You make it sound like that kind of match is a regular thing.

What's recent?

Also, our tastes in wrestling are very different so this is liable to be pushing it for you.

-Punk vs. Hardy @ SummerSlam

The only one on your list that's comparable, and AJ-Angle blows that out of the water. I loved that Punk/Hardy match, but its mediocre in comparison.

-Jerishow vs. Reytista @ Hell in a Cell

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

-Rey vs. Jericho @ The Bash

Good match, unfortunately they had far better matches on episodes of Smackdown.

-Punk vs. Hardy @ NOC

Nothing special.

-Rey vs. Ziggler @ SummerSlam

Also nothing special.

Do they exceed the quality of the Angle-Styles bout? Some do, some match it, some come close. But to say the average Impact has matches that dwarf what you get when you buy a WWE PPV is just silly. I'd take an average (or even slightly below average) WWE PPV like HIAC over the run of the mill Impact any day of the week.

I wouldn't. HIAC was fucking drivel, there wasn't a single good match on that entire card, it effectively killed one of the most entertaining matches in existence. One of the worst PPVs, ever. These last few weeks on Impact have been phenomenal, much better than HIAC, or Breaking Point.

If we're allowed to look at any matches from WWE this year and put them up against any matches from TNA this year, find me as many good matches in TNA as the WWE has had this year. Look at Taker vs. Michaels, Morrison vs. Bourne (from Morrison's last ECW), Christian vs. Swagger (Christian's first shot at the belt on SciFi), the two Elimination Chamber matches at No Way Out, the Jericho-Mysterio matches, the SmackDown matches between Punk and Morrison, Morrison vs. Rey, Morrison vs. Jeff, some of the pre-Mania bouts between Miz/Morrison and the Colons, and so on. Heck, in a forgotten throw-away ECW match this year, Tyson Kidd and Evan Bourne threw down a match that was about as good as Angle and AJ's was. Let's not get carried away because TNA is better than it usually is right now.

I guess I just have different standards, because a majority of the matches you just mentioned (most of which were on TV, not PPVs) were mediocre to me. even the Taker vs. Michaels match is overrated. It's a good match, a damn good match. But I've seen better matches on Smackdown this year honestly.

Yeah, Raw sucks. Yeah, there are plenty of problems. But when the WWE is on, which is more often than TNA, they're all the way on and are a better wrestling company than TNA.

Not these days, not when it comes to PPVs, which is what we're talking about. The WWE has had some atrocious, atrocious PPVs this year. So has TNA, but atleast TNA will throw you a bone with a good match involving guys like Styles or Angle on every card, whereas with the WWE the best I can hope for on a PPV is usually a decent midcard match.

TNA used to be much better. I'd take anything they did in 2005 or 2006 over every single WWE PPV and show this year, not even close.

Right now though, Impact is far, far better than Raw, it's better than ECW and Superstars, the only show it isn't better than is Smackdown, but Smackdown has been lacking the last few weeks. Probably because of Batista.

But the question of this thread is what PPV the kid should get, and everyone has answered BFG. For good reason...because we all know Bragging Rights is going to be shit. Just like almost every single WWE PPV over the last few years has been.

Is the average Impact going to be THAT good? No, probably not. Even in the best of times, WWF wasn't absolutely tip-top amazing like I thought Impact was this past week every time. I'd settle for just consistently entertaining.
Me too. But X wanted to make a crazy Impact vs. WWE PPV statement, so I thought I'd retort.

Has it been consistently entertaining? For the past couple of months, yeah. But of course that doesn't necessarily mean anything... that's a couple of months leading into their version of Wrestlemania, so of course they're going to step it up.
Indeed.

It does show they have it in them to put out a good product though, and like I said earlier, it makes me hopeful.
Yeah, but I've seen TNA fans get this way before only to be let down hard. Remember Joe's title reign? Man, that must have sucked for those who were behind Joe.

The only one on your list that's comparable, and AJ-Angle blows that out of the water. I loved that Punk/Hardy match, but its mediocre in comparison.
So a match where the hottest feud of the year comes full circle and Jeff gets revenge on Punk for the recent attacks only to fuck it all up like he always does in poetic fashion like Punk knew he would... is trumped by the standard semi-lengthy Kurt Angle match we've been watching for years plus a dive of over the top rope?

Not a chance. Of course TNA marks have been so starved for something to be happy about that they busted out the "this is awesome" chants for that match. In reality, a "this is slightly above average" chant would be been appropriate.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Different tastes. I know I'd be barking up the wrong tree selling you anything involving Show, Batista, and Rey, so I won't even both.

Good match, unfortunately they had far better matches on episodes of Smackdown.
GO WWE!

Nothing special.
Punk busted out such high levels of dickishness in that match and brought such emotion to the table that I'd have to take it over Angle vs. AJ. I mean sure, Angle vs. AJ had the ultra fun to watch INTENSE ANGLE and his run up the ropes and everything... but it's so played at this point. If you're gonna have a heel running most of the offense in a match, Punk did it like a master on that night.

Also nothing special.
Hot opener with several convincing false finishes that got it's job done with more energy than Angle vs. AJ. In my eyes, it's on par with this week's Impact main event.

I wouldn't. HIAC was fucking drivel, there wasn't a single good match on that entire card, it effectively killed one of the most entertaining matches in existence.
It didn't live up to expectations. That doesn't make it drivel. You wanting a 25 minutes knock-down, drag-out affair with Punk and Taker DOES NOT mean that their match wasn't perfectly fine. Also, it was far from a squash.

One of the worst PPVs, ever.
Yeah, but we hear that from people every month after their absurd expectations fall short. I've yet to see one argument about HIAC that could convince me such an extreme judgement is called for.

I guess I just have different standards, because a majority of the matches you just mentioned (most of which were on TV, not PPVs) were mediocre to me.
I guess I'll just have to settle for that.

Not these days, not when it comes to PPVs, which is what we're talking about. The WWE has had some atrocious, atrocious PPVs this year. So has TNA, but atleast TNA will throw you a bone with a good match involving guys like Styles or Angle on every card, whereas with the WWE the best I can hope for on a PPV is usually a decent midcard match.
Come on, you dont' find Angle that good, do you?

TNA used to be much better. I'd take anything they did in 2005 or 2006 over every single WWE PPV and show this year, not even close.
Ditto.

Right now though, Impact is far, far better than Raw, it's better than ECW and Superstars, the only show it isn't better than is Smackdown, but Smackdown has been lacking the last few weeks. Probably because of Batista.
Not just Batista. The loss of Jeff was a big hit. +1 awful guy, -1 good guy, and you've got perfect conditions for a slight dip in quality.

I also think this Eric Escobar guy is a sign of dark days ahead. I hope they get tired of pushing him quickly...

But the question of this thread is what PPV the kid should get, and everyone has answered BFG. For good reason...because we all know Bragging Rights is going to be shit.
No. It just has a better chance of being shit.

Just like almost every single WWE PPV over the last few years has been.
TNA's had duds too. Come on now.

Angle couldn't have lost, because he'd look weak against Morgan. It was the best ending.
A guy taking a fall is overthought on the net sometimes. Angle would still have been sold as the best in the world if he'd lost to AJ. On the other hand, AJ is sold as a fluke champion. A win would have helped AJ more than a loss would have ever hurt Angle.

Accepting what happened, if Angle doesn't job clean to AJ down the line, TNA booking is filled with absolute *****es.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back