Better WWE Career: Brodus Clay, Johnny Curtis or Derrick Bateman

thrilla11

Pre-Show Stalwart
NXT Season 4 ended tonight and the finale showed exactly why many people believe the show is rigged. The winner was Johnny Curtis who has been underwhelming and had been thoroughly overshadowed by the likes of Brodus Clay, Derrick Bateman and Byron Saxton.

The final three of the competition seem to have the most potential to make any sort of impact in the future. Bateman and Clay are still very green and need more time in the ring although both have shown improvement. Curtis is atrocious on the mic but his wrestling skills were the best out of this year's roster.

My question is simple. Out of the final three (Derrick Bateman, Brodus Clay and Johnny Curtis), who do you believe will enjoy the most success in the future of the WWE?

Discuss.

johnny_curtis.jpg
brodus_clay.jpg
derrick_bateman.jpg

Now please don't be a smart ass and say shit like "Who cares" and "Who actually watched NXT". If you got comments like that, then don't respond. Simple.

For those that actually watched and have an opinion on the matter, please no spam.

Johnny Curtis - I think the direction he is going is good. They paired him up with a guy who is decent on the mic and can get a decent crowd reaction. So hopefully that will carry him in that area, while he produces good tag matches. I see Curtis and Truth picking up the titles and having a decently long run as team if nothing else.

Brodus Clay - I felt like people just didn't get his character. He certaintly could use a better gimmick, but he wasn't that bad on the mic. I think the WWE missed a golden opportunity with this one. If Brodus would of won then i could see him and Ricardo winning the tag titles and Del Rio winning at Wrestlemania. Which would produce a pretty good stable if you ask me.

Derrick Bateman - Wow, this guy deserves a spot on a roster for the simple fact that he can cut a promo. He is by far the best on the mic and connects the most with the crowd. Derrick and Daniel had good chemistry, and i wish i could see this team go further, but that is up in the air now.

Who will go the farthest in the WWE?

Its a tough one, but considering that Johnny Curtis won the competition; i'll have to go with the safe answer and say Johnny Curtis.

I believe we will finally see a winner go on and win a championship. If given a good gimmick that helps his babyface persona, I can see him going on past tag champions to the mid-card titles, and maybe after a few years he will poke at a major title.

I can only hope that they use all three of these guys in some way. I believe they could all bring something interesting to the table. It's just a matter of where to fit them and if they will take the ball and run with it.

I really liked Brodus Clay... I hope somehow he gets a contract and debuts as a monster heel... He didn't need to be on NXT... It probably just hurt him overall... I mean if we would've never saw him on the show and he just showed up on TV as a monster wrecking ball maybe with a good manager for a mouth piece... Hell, or in the new Nexus with Ryan as his tag team partner, they would dominate... Granted, he could use some improving but he has a future...

Bateman is funny and should be kept around as Bryan's sidekick...

Curtis just seemed generic to me...

I liked Curtis, he had a good look, decent in ring work but that's it. He's just far too generic to make that big of an impact.
I think Brodus has similar in ring presence of Big Daddy V. The reaction of "OH MY GOD! Watch the fat guy jiggle!" He seemed clumsy on the mic, talented at suplexing people but when watching him I got the impression he didn't understand what intimidating was in the WWE.
Bateman made love to the mic. He was very entertaining and screams new generation. I'd be very happy to see him as sort of the opposite to Alex Riley, apprentice to a face. Daniel Bryan is the logical choice for that. And the two of them had chemistry together.

I think that Bateman will have the biggest run in the WWE and the most success...though i want curtis and Brodus to, too. I just think is way more talented on the mic and his in ring skills arent that bad either. I did think they were the right ones to be in the final 3. Also i must say that season 4 was the best in terms of who was eliminated, in order. But to get back to the question I think Bateman will but I think it could possibly be any of them, really.

Curtis has no charisma in my opinion. I predict his career will become similar to where Ted Dibase Jr is right now - WWE will give him a few initial pushes but when they see he is unable to develop a crowd connection he will quickly transition into jobberville.

Brodus - He gets better on the mic week after week. WWE can always use the big monster types. I see limitless potential so long as he keeps a great work ethic.

Bateman - good, dry, Office-like humor. He and DB made the show watchable with their shenanigans. I predict he will become a great midcarder but cannot see him goin any farther.

All in all, NXT is done. The 1st and 2nd seasons were good, I even enjoyed some of the 3rd but was outraged when Kaitlyn won, but this season absolutely sucked without Cole and with such a subpar roster of rookies.

PS. I predict Byron Saxton to have the most overall success in the E out of all the rookies this season.

Curtis will flop, I don't know why he won, he's shit. Ok in the ring, but has no charisma and can't talk.

Brodus Clay...man this guy is, IMPRESSIVE. He screams dominance in every way. He is AWESOME on the mic, has a great look for a monster heel, and I think this guy will go places...to early to say where exactly but mark my words he will be a rousing success if he is used right. He won't even need a manager because he can carry himself on the mic. His promo last night, which was epic by the way, hopefully amounts to something.

Bateman is awesome as well. He's got good in ring ability, and is crazy charismatic. He's good on the mic, funny, has a likable personality, and was probably the best all around talent on NXT 4. The only thing I see holding him back is his character is a little too goofy to be taken seriously as a IC/US/World title contender, but I think it would be a complete waste if WWE doesn't give him a chance to show what he's really got.

IMO, Brodus Clay will have the better career, due to his size, and monster heel qualities.

My pick all along was for big Brodus clay. I was let down when curtis was the winner. like the OP said I swear that NXT is rigged like a mofo.

back on topic, derrick bateman was to childish to be taken seriously,curtis played a metrosexual guy,yea great gimmick. Brodus was just a big monster guy, I liked him more. Hope he ends up on the roster anyway

I haven't watched a single episode of NXT since season 1, but I have seen what each guy looks like. Id say Brodus Clay could have the better career based on his size. He could be dominant heel in the mid-card for a push into the ME. A team-up with him and Big Show would be amazing.

The other guys just look like they will be forever mid-carders. They look like jobbers. I dont know how they are in ring or on the mic, but just looking at them screams unmarketable mid-card. Some guys have "the look" and others dont...in my opinion they dont.

I say Clay and Bateman.

I think Bateman will be brought back whenever he's recovered from whats wrong with his knee and team with Danielson. He can cut a promo, and would be able to learn from the best wrestler in the world. Not to mention they have good chemistry together.

Brodus Clay. He has me interested, mainly due to his size and promo when he lost. 'You took away my dreams! Now I'll take away your heroes!' I'm really curious to see where they'll go with that. Maybe when Sheffield comes back with his Ryback gimmick, they could team up and reek havok.

Johnny Curits reminds of Lucky Cannon. Vanilla. Boring. Typical. Just blah.

So I'm picking Bateman and Clay to go far

First off, NXT4=RIGGED!!!!

Unless the fans are blind, deaf, and dumb there is NO way that Curtis got more votes than Clay. Where do I begin? Clay had an AWESOME look, was really good on the mic, and he really isn't just some generic big guy, he had a serious personality. Plus he really connects with the teenage/20s demographic, and he already would have a good gimmick by making him kind of a California gang/player type guy. I know it's PG but just by his association with Snoop Dogg and CA alone he would get over with fans of rap music and wannabe thug WWE fans. He could've wore khaki suits and converse shoes to the ring. Have colored bandanas, a bunch of jewelry, and have him use all kinds of slang (which he was already doing) and then when he got to the ring, just no bs kick ass and take names kinda guy. I think he could've gotten over HUGE.

Bateman, same deal. Crowd loved the guy, funny, decent in the ring (and improving) works great with Bryan. Just a huge missed chance by the 'E.

and then the big "winner"...

Johnny Curtis SUCKS. Sucks on the mic, no personality, bland looks, about the only thing he has going for him is decent in ring ability, not even great just decent. Now ask someone who is phenomenal in the ring like Shelton Benjamin how far not having mic skills will get you. I think the only reason they picked the guy was because they knew he wouldn't get over without it, where as Bateman and Clay will be introduced over the coming weeks and watch their careers quickly ascend.

As far as the other rookies:
With time look for Saxton to get another chance, I think he has potential.
Novack and O'Brien we'll likely never hear from again (with good reason)

Ok i think Brodus Clay should have won, he has this strange young Tazz like thing going its cool they already billed him as a suplex machine he could make a good bodyguard for some on these heels like Ziggler, Delrio like someone up there Swagger(that would be interesting).

The fact that Bateman didn't win shocked everybody, including both commentators, most superstars, and Striker. That kind of speaks volumes when you consider how difficult it is for something in the WWE to genuinely surprise people in the WWE. I've been supporting Bateman since he cut his first mantastic promo on the show. His backstage segments and in-ring work combined to give me reason to watch NXT from week to week. If it weren't for Bateman, I would not have given a shit and probably would've stopped watching after an episode or two.

Derrick Bateman reminds me of a young Chris Jericho. Why? Because he's athletic, has a great move set in the WWE, is able to do some high flying stuff like suicide dives, etc (don't get me wrong, he isn't Justin Gabriel) and most importantly, he's got just this insane level of charisma and likability and just flat out magnetism. He's not afraid to be over the top if it means being over. That's exactly how Jericho was. Jericho looks back at his younger career, blushes, and says "yeah, that worked, but I don't know how". I imagine Bateman, 15 years from now, will be doing the exact same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back