Better Manager? Bobby 'The Brain' Heenan or 'Captain' Lou Albano

It's...Baylariat!

Team Finnley Baylor
This is a debate that I believe should be addressed. During the 80's, two managers were standards in the WWF...Bobby Heenan and Lou Albano. The case can be made for the both of them as far as great managers go. Albano's specialty was training monsters to do his bidding and win titles. Heenan's thing was to take the most talented performers and put them in one unit to make them a dominant force.

Albano managed the Wild Samoans, while Heenan managed the Brainbusters. Albano had George 'The Animal' Steel. Heenan had Andre the Giant. This is a great debate and I want to know what the fans think. Who's the better overall manager? Heenan or Albano?

Booby Heenan was the better of the two, in my opinion. Of course, I caught Albano at the tail end of his career in the mid-80's, so my opinion is based solely on what I saw of them on TV from that time until now.

I think Heenan was a better talker, a better character, and was the perfect heel. By the time I started watching (which was just a few months after the first Wrestlemania) Albano had just turned face, and was not quite what he used to be from then on.

With that said, I have watched old tapes of Albano in action and still think that Heenan was better.

Heenan is going to win every time hands down. Lou Albano was not even in the same league.

A much better debate would be Heenan vs Jim Cornette, they are easily the best 2 managers ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back