• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best WWE rant I've seen on Youtube (STP Thread)

Hey guys. New to the board here and hope I dont regret it.

I echo some of this guy's sentiments but bitching about wrestling today (mainly WWE in particular) is pointless. There are so many newer fans and die hard WWE marks who are tired of hearing "When I was a kid, wrestling was like this and blah blah blah." Lets face it: in 20 years guys like Miz, John Cena, Santino, and Michael Cole are gonna be legends to the newer fans just like how Flair, Hogan, Jerry Lawler, Bobby Heenan, Jim Ross are legends to the fans from my generation, the 80s and 90s. Yes I thought pro wrestling was a lot better back then but trying to convince or explain that to a newer fan is pointless. They're not gonna care.

It took me years to accept that WWE is no longer putting the wrestling first and building year long angles and storylines (like Hogan/Andre) that climax at Wrestlemania. WWE now is all about looks, personality, and how you sound on the mic. The wrestling however is no longer a priority. This mentality has been taught to their audience for years and it has worked. They dont want wrestling fans. They want sports entertainment fans hence why they hire "writers" from sitcoms who dont know anything about pro wrestling and why they dont have a "bookers." They want to win Emmys ,Oscars, and appeal to a mainstream audience and not a niche audience like TNA and ROH. This is why they continue to roll in the dough and will never face a slow death like WCW did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back