• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

best wrestling streak Ever

Best wrestling streak

• Andre the giant

• Goldberg

• Tanaka

• the undertakers wrestlemania streak

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

I_got_bant_for_idiocy

Pre-Show Stalwart
who had the best undefeated streak in wrestling History????

Andre the Giant- this guy was unbeatable for what 15 years or so, way before my time so i dont remember any of this, but 15 years is pretty damn impressive..

Bill Goldberg - now this happened during the best time EVER in wrestling history 173-0 was his record the list of ppl he beat hogan,ddp,hall,the giant, and everyother wrestlers on the roster at the time..

the native american Tanaka - noone really paid attention to this guys streak but he was unbeatable for almost 2 years.. great mid card wrestlers very underated..

The Undertaker - 18-0 at wrestlermania enuff said, diesel, rko, hbk, hhh, kane and soo on...

now when its all said and done who in wrestling is gonna have the most impressive streak ???? andre,goldberg,tanaka,the undertaker or other

mine is goldberg enuff said pretty impressive and made the monday night wars that much more better. when i first saw goldberg i though he was a rip off of stone cold cause they were both bald and wore black tights, but now looking back they couldnt have bin soo much different.and his entrance at the time was probably one of the best.. and everyone was waiting to see who would beat this guy and when nash did it the whole wrestling world was talking about it

Tatanka's streak is the most impressive because it wasn't manufactured to be an undefeated streak, a la Goldberg. The fact that a midcard guy never was booked to lose over a two year period and didn't become something greater is clearly amazing

Alright.

One: Andre the Giant was not really undefeated. On the east coast possibly, but once you get away from there and sample areas such as Canada, Japan, Mexico and the South his record has plenty of blemishes. Inoki, Canak, Don Leo Jonathan and plenty of other names hold victories over him.

That being said, if you confine your sampling to the East Coast the Andre's record is pretty impressive.

Two: Where is Lou Thesz? For over five years he held the most prestigious prize in wrestling and defended it against every other notable talent of the time period. Rocca, Rogers, Sammartino, O'Conner and all the rest. Thesz defended the title multiple times a week in matches that frequently ran to the sixty minute mark. He went all over the country in a time when the majority of wrestlers stayed inside their circle of popularity.
He faced everyone and everything and maintained a wholly blemish-less record.

So yeah; that's my greatest streak of all time.

EDIT: This was going to be a 1000 word post on Lou Thesz for old times sake, but somebody knocked on the door.

Lou Thesz. Just like Gelgarin said, he defended his belt night after night against the best and he put on great matches while doing so. He unified as many World Championships as he could, and he faced all comers. He didn't only defend his belt in his little territory, no, he went all over the world. He defended the NWA belt in Japan, all over the states, and anywhere else he was challenged.

Second place goes to 'Taker's undefeated streak at 'Mania. That is a streak that nobody will ever break, and that nobody will ever even get near. It is something "holy" amongst wrestling fans, 'Taker's streak is a VERY close second in my opinion.

I am voting for Undertaker.

Originally, because of the impact it had on the business and built a new mega-star so quickly, I was going to say Goldberg's streak, but the more I thought about it I changed my mind.

Undertaker has been a TOP guy for almost his entire WWE career, which, in the fast-moving world of wrestling is a rare acheivement. He came in as a main eventer as is still there to this day.

Wrestlemania is THE biggest show of the year in professional wrestling, there is no questioning that, and so to be booked as undefeated for so many years (is it 15?) shows how reliable and over Undertaker has been throughout his career. There is no one in the business who commands more respect from his fellow wrestlers and fans than the Deadman, and this streak is his reward.

No other superstar in history has been given the same treatment at the biggest show of the year, not even Hogan. So because of where the streak happens (Wrestlemania), how high-profile it is, and the length of time covered, I am going for Undertaker

Well my pick is the Undertakers undefeated steak.

It was a easy choice because of the people he has beat for example Kane and Shawn Michaels twice, Ric Flair, HHH and many more and all these were in good stages of their careers. The steak has also put an end to Shawn's career so that is why I chose the undefeated.

Aside from the Andre technicality, Goldberg was nowhere near 173-0 it was much more like 25-0, if that. 20 of those were curtain jerkers and lower carders aswell.

It's a good streak and it was very effective in building Goldberg though.

What about Sammartino, I'm really not sure of the ins and outs of his record, but didn't he only lose once in 14 years? Being 8 years undefeated in the process. Maybe that's just urban legend though.

Goldbergs streak consisted of, for every Main event talent he'd beat; he'd beat up 3-5 jobbers to offset it. It was popular, but that doesn't make it that impressive.

I have to go with the Undertakers. Thesz, had an impressive streak for 5 years. The Undertaker has held a streak for nearly 2 decades, with his opponents getting better every year.

Goldbergs streak consisted of, for every Main event talent he'd beat; he'd beat up 3-5 jobbers to offset it. It was popular, but that doesn't make it that impressive.

I have to go with the Undertakers. Thesz, had an impressive streak for 5 years. The Undertaker has held a streak for nearly 2 decades, with his opponents getting better every year.

You can't be serious in that conclusion, can you? Undertaker beat like 18 people over 20 years, whereas Lou Thesz wrestled about 300 matches a year and won them all. If you're comparing them like that, there really is no comparison.

In terms of which was actually the most impressive streak ever on the list, it would probably actually be Goldberg. In a time when everything was about instant payoff, and were the average build someone got consisted of winning about three matches then losing to Hulk Hogan, Goldberg managed to win consistently. If it hadn't have ended in such a bullshit fashion, it would have been much better.

Hogan's general 80s run was probably better though. 4 years of almost total domination, and yet every victory seemed to mean something. Between about 1984 and 1990, absolutely nobody could beat him in a fair fight.

Thesz's streak along with Bruno were over 7 1/2 year as champs, clearly something you'll never see again.

I personally loved the Jack Hart(Barry Horowitz) losing streak he did in Florida back in 1985. Managed by Percy Pringle(Paul Barer) he lost 150 matces in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back