• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best to never do it

Status
Not open for further replies.

dionlyone18

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok so we all know..or maybe its just me...that Mr. perfect is the all-time best to never do it..and by do it i mean win the wwe/f title...but over the years we had a few more of those...For a while it was RVD. we all were fans of rvd in the ecw days and when he was in the wwe...for awhile i thought he would never do it..but my prayers were answered...so to speak, as he won MITB and cashed it in on cena for the wwe/ecw title...even if he only held it for like a month and a half..

So my question is..who do you think is currently the best to never do it (and if someone made this thread..im sorry i couldnt find it)

I think the best to never done it currently is Shelton Benjamin..this man has been with the wwe since like 2002.he came over from the OVW with a pretty elite class..like leasnar,cena,orton,batista...al big names in wrestling and more than likely going into the hall of fame

When benjamin went solo he was on a role like no other beating trips i belive twice while he was champ, having the IC title and UStitle, and he was apart of the Worlds Greatest tag team with haas winning the tag titles a couple of times

and lets not forget what an amazing job he does in the MITB matches..which hes been apart of all of them,only to be shafted over and over again..not to take away from edge and punk kennedy rvd. Its just he puts on these amazing matches,had this awsome fued in ECW with christan,even had,what i believe was the best match on the card in a ladder match at TLC 2009,but in yet he still lost.i think its time for Benjamin to get what he deserves so he can have that storybook career

So who do you think deserves it? if you think its benjamin and you agree cool..if not tell me why and who you think is the best to never do it.

Ok so we all know..or maybe its just me...that Mr. perfect is the all-time best to never do it..and by do it i mean win the wwe/f title...

Well, for one, you are the only one. Most fans would argue that the best to never get it done is The Million Dollar Man. Ted DiBiase was the top heel in the business in the 80's. He was great in the ring, had a legit finisher, and gave incredible promos. In Perfect's day and age, he was the perfect midcarder. These days, he would have four reigns, but, back when the title means something, it wasn't for him.

but over the years we had a few more of those...For a while it was RVD.

I don't understand the logic of how RVD was the best to never get it when you said it was Perfect. RVD came after Perfect. But, I don't think RVD was the best anything. Fun to watch, yes. But he was never the best in the business.

we all were fans of rvd in the ecw days and when he was in the wwe...for awhile i thought he would never do it..but my prayers were answered...so to speak, as he won MITB and cashed it in on cena for the wwe/ecw title...even if he only held it for like a month and a half..

It was a great moment, and he deserved it. He was, however, never the best to never hold it.
So my question is..who do you think is currently the best to never do it (and if someone made this thread..im sorry i couldnt find it)

The best in the business now to have never been a world champion is William Regal. He has always been a massively hated heel who was above average in the ring and great on the mic.

I think the best to never done it currently is Shelton Benjamin..this man has been with the wwe since like 2002.he came over from the OVW with a pretty elite class..like leasnar,cena,orton,batista...al big names in wrestling and more than likely going into the hall of fame

Unfortunately, the champion has to give promos and I doubt Shelton's ability to create interest in a feud as a champion. He could be interesting chasing it, but I don't think he would work as THE guy.
When benjamin went solo he was on a role like no other beating trips i belive twice while he was champ, having the IC title and UStitle, and he was apart of the Worlds Greatest tag team with haas winning the tag titles a couple of times

Morrison beat Punk a couple of time while he was champ and was in a better tag team with The Miz. By your logic, Morrison is more deserving than Shelton.

and lets not forget what an amazing job he does in the MITB matches..which hes been apart of all of them,only to be shafted over and over again..

I don't know how he's gotten shafted. He has performed well, but MitB is meant to give a guy a push who is ready, but creative can't find a way to elevate him quickly enough to capture his heat.

not to take away from edge and punk kennedy rvd. Its just he puts on these amazing matches,had this awsome fued in ECW with christan,even had,what i believe was the best match on the card in a ladder match at TLC 2009,but in yet he still lost.i think its time for Benjamin to get what he deserves so he can have that storybook career

Well, I'm glad you think so, but only certain guys can lack promo skills and be champ. Shelton is good, but he is nowhere near as skilled in the ring as Benoit. I think Shelton has been a very good midcard guy, but a tag reign and one interesting feud (where he was carried by Christian) is not enough to make him a world champ.

So who do you think deserves it? if you think its benjamin and you agree cool..if not tell me why and who you think is the best to never do it.

MDM, but I said that already.

I'm going to go with John Morrison. He was ECW champion, IC champion, and part of a championship tag team that held the belts for a long time. I think Morrison has the in-ring potential to be one of the best, but his problem is on the mic. He can probably improve in that area, but will he ever be good enough to be the champ? I think it would help if he turned heel, as he just seemed to be a natural heel.

By the way, 2 other guys on the all time list would be "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase and Rowdy Roddy Piper.

I think Christian would be my top vote. Shelton is a guy who probably deserves it, but he hasn't really done that thing to push him over to set himself apart from everyone else (though I would take him over Swagger and Seamus in a heartbeat). Christian had the ECW title, which doesn't count for anything (considering it was WWE ECW), and the TNA title, but never the big one in WWE. He has the fans, skills & charisma for it, IMO. He's a guy they could give it to at any moment, and it should not come as a surprise to anyone. He's had pretty much every other title, it's time for the big one.

Okay, out on a limb here, because he did "do it". But in most fans eyes it didn't really count. The Big Red Machine. He had a one night reign as champ. Pretty short for a man who has put in years as a corporate man. He does what is asked of him. He has changed his gimmick when asked to, jobs to whomever he has asked to, and in most people's view a great back stage mentor to young guys. But he has never been giving the ball to run with. He should be given the nod with a a little run as champ before he hangs up his boots. My opinion. There ya have it.

I agree 100% that Shelton deserves his shot. I think it would great to see Shelton vs Swagger for the World Heavyweight Championship. In an epic battle possibly an iron man match to soldify the newly found status of each wrestler.

As they would have reached that career plethora we're they're ready for the next level. At this stage it's the only thing that makes sense now. Especially with Shawn gone. A lot of guys will be stepping up. Backstage immaturity over the years has had a lot to do with the lack luster career of certain wrestlers: Shelton, Carlito, Helms, Hopefully they've become more mature now.

Peace,
Jacknife

I'm going to have to go with Christian. He has the ring abililty and the mic skills to main event as he proved in TNA. Don't forget that the question was the best in WWE today and I would hardly consider Shelton or Morrison to be better than Christian. He is the one veteran to have yet to do it.

For one, I am very glad to see such a broad range of opinions in this thread. And just like everyone else, I'm taking a branch from this "out on a limb" cliche:

Matt Hardy. Yes some of you are probably thinking this is the last guy to think about, especially with Jeff Hardy and Shannon Moore trying to get him in TNA. But statistics say he has been around since the late late 90's and never has had that one big push.

Sure, in 2002 he betrayed his brother and went to Smackdown and was an excellent heel. Back then he faced guys like Brock Lesnar and Undertaker on the regular.

A few years pass (with nothing but a Cruiserweight Championship to his name as of 2002) and his name became important in the industry thanks to the infamous "Love Triangle" that was Edge, Lita, and himself. That, which was real, really did put him over with the fans for a few more years.

And then Jeff came back and they reunited as The Hardy Boyz, arguably the best tag-team in WWE. They got over well, then started doing their own thing. Jeff won a World Championship and Matt recieved nothing (except United States Champion and of course the Tag-Team Championship...and later on the defunct ECW Championship). Being in the business NEVER going to TNA for so long yet they let his brother hold the title. And now Jeff is gone and Matt is one step out.

Matt Hardy has a much better connection with the fans than Benjamin. He has been there even when Christian left. Why not give the guy with a true fanbase and dedication the belt for once?

Christian without a doubt. His in ring ability is at the top of the company. Plus, he has proven on other promotions (TNA) he can be top dog. Sadly, WWE fails to see the opportunity and flexibility Christian would give the company if he finally became a World Champion.

Two guys come to mind, the "Hot Rodd" and "Captain Charisma"

Christian-WWE did a good job, and a bad job, finally giving in to fans by putting the world title on some of the audience's favorite wrestlers. Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, etc. The bad thing is that all those title runs were handled horribly. The one guy the WWE hasn't given the world title to whom the fans are demanding...Captain Charisma. Even as a heel, Christian was consistently one of the most over superstars on the WWE roster. Christian is a great in ring performer and on par with anyone on the microphone. Maybe his time will come, but him being on McMahon's bad side, it doesn't look too good:banghead: Should Christian win the WWE title, he will go down in history. Why? He will be the only wrestler to win every single title the WWE has had to offer. (ECW, Light-heavyweight, Hardcore, European, Intercontinental, Tag Team, and then the world championship)

Roddy Piper-They say he didn't need the title. Who doesn't need a title? Isn't that what the business has always been about? The best guys should be the world champion, and I don't always mean the best technical wrestler. Hot Rod was spit on, yelled at, attacked, and everything else someone could have done to him. Many, many people who say that Vince and Hogan didn't make Hulkamania but Piper did. It was true, and Hulkamania wouldn't really be here without Piper. One of the greatest feuds of all-time will also be Piper vs. Hogan. Piper needed that world title more than Hogan did at the time. People don't go see blockbuster action movies because the good guy is winning, they see it to watch the good guy win because the bad guy already was. Piper never getting the world title was the biggest mistake WWE has ever made!

Owen hart is ALWAYS a big name to come to mind of wrestlers that were the best but never did it...

In the WWE currently, Christian without a doubt. He has the versatility of Jericho and a huge fanbase. 2nd would be Regal. Too bad he got that suspension when he was finally getting a credible push. Can you imagine the promos a champion Regal would give? I wonder how he's viewed backstage since he wasn't even able to win the ECW title. 3rd, Kane. Does anybody actually consider that 24-hr reign as legit?

Matt Hardy's been loyal and has a fanbase, but his promos are still suspect. He has his moments, but they're not consistent. And right now, he does not seem to have that "champion's physique".

WWF-era, besides all the names mentioned, I want to add the Ravishing One. I believe he got no further than the IC belt in the WWF. Can you imagine how much more condescending he would've been to the fans had he been heavyweight champ? I also throw in a vote for Jesse the Body. His bragging would know no end if he had beaten Hogan for the belt. Man, we were denied some great f**n promos by the WWF not giving their greatest heels runs with the belt.

For fuck's sake people, if you can't read the opening post, don't post in the damn thread!

This is about current wrestlers, not all-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back