• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best IC Champion of all time

"Extreme Hardcore Icon"

Getting Noticed By Management
Who do u guys think is the best intercontinental champion of all time?
I think it was Shelton Benjamin 1st reign as ic champ. he was so awesome.
wwe ruined him by turning him heel
who do u guys think it was?

i liked owen harts reigns.... he always made the i.c title matches worth watching

I would have said Shelton Benjamin but after a while in his first title reign he didn't do much with it in the way of defending it or having a decent fued to feed off of. My pick though would be between Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels, as anytime you mention the history of the IC Title Bret Hart or HBK does seem to pop up. In recent memory I would say Randy Orton, he held it for what seemed a long time and IMO should have held it longer rather than just dropping it like that to Edge. Good oldschool generation wrestler who brought a little prestige back into it before stepping up to be World Heavyweight Champion (a lil 2 early).

Extreme Hardcore Icon said:
Who do u guys think is the best intercontinental champion of all time?
I think it was Shelton Benjamin 1st reign as ic champ. he was so awesome.
wwe ruined him by turning him heel
who do u guys think it was?

Shelton Benjamin doesnt even deserve to be nominated for such an honor...the best IC title run was HBK back in 1992 from Survivor Series all the way up until Survivor Series 1993. He never lost the belt to anyone. Jack Tunney took it away from him if you remember because of "not defending the title"...or some stupid bullshit along those lines. That caused a tournament on Monday Night in which Razor Ramon defeated Rick Martel...HBK came back with a fake belt claiming he was never beat setting up the ladder match at Wrestlemania 10. If you look at his year back in 93...Marty Jannetty, Tatanka, Crush, Mr Perfect, etc...a whole year plus some without being defeated. HBK = Greatest IC champ ever

i go with shawn michaels as the ic champ back in the day.....damn its been so long since he had any sort of title run.

Every1 Is For Getting The Macho Man He Beat George The Animal Stelee,honkytonk Man,bret Hart And Tito Santana

But The Best By Far Magnifecent Don Moroco! And 1 Of The Best Heels Of Al Time

Jeff Jarrett, Honkey Tonk Man, Kurt Angle, Randy Orton, Y2J to name a few. Id go with Jarrett i think?

Randy Orton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Perfect
Honky Tonk Man
Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

To many wrestlers to list, but those come to mind as soon as i think of the IC Title.

for those who won ic but not wwe (or more than a week reign)

owen hart and kane

RonaldMcdonald said:
Kurt Angle was the best at european champion and IC champion.

Although I agree that Kurt Angle is one the greatest WWE superstars of all time and is right up there at being one the greatest IC champions as well as European champions, I have to disagree as all time best. D'LO BROWN is the greatest European champion EVER!!!!

It's between 2 guys... Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect... and Perfect just about wins out, as Rude's only major feud with the title was Warrior, though Piper was involved too.

Perfect was most over when he held the IC belt, he had some blistering matches, even with guys like Big Bossman. There were times when you never thought he'd ever lose it, then Kerry Von Erich shows up and takes Davey Boy's spot (check your history and you'll find it's true, if not for the Benoit/Smith/Jason car crash, Davey would have had the SS '90 match)

That blip aside, Perfect's reign was pretty much, well perfect...

AWSOME DAYMO said:
Every1 Is For Getting The Macho Man He Beat George The Animal Stelee,honkytonk Man,bret Hart And Tito Santana

But The Best By Far Magnifecent Don Moroco! And 1 Of The Best Heels Of Al Time

MACHO MAN!!

Top 5
1. Worrior (First Title vs Title)
2. Macho Man
3. Piper
4. HBK
5. Perfect
6. Razor (if you have HBK you gotta have him!)
7. Jeff Jarrett
8. Stone Cold
9. Honky Tonk
10. RVD

Honky Tonk man!! LOL , That guy was great.. But so were Mr Perfect and Rick Rude , Warrior ( For Hype anyway .. This guy got the crowd so worked up!! ) To name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back