• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Raw Ending- 2011

[YOUTUBE]q1ulvAnjZO4[/YOUTUBE]

This.

The reason why I loved it is because it was a different ending. Normally we get Punk closing the show, or some other BS. But you can tell by Cena's face that the "cena sucks" chant was actually getting to him. I found this to be the beginning of his Heel turn

Can we think of some outside of Punk Shoot Promo and Rock Return?

Those were by far the best, but any notable ones?

The fact that you have to ask this just proves in my opinion that this was one of the worst years in WWE's history as far as storytelling goes.

They dropped EVERY ball possible. At least 3 times since the Punk shoot, they had incredible opportunities to keep momentum going and they just put in zero effort. They are disorganized as a storytelling entity these days and it hurts the product.

People always comment about the reasons or excuses behind the low ratings. It's not the competition on TV, it's not the time of year, it's not that people are out "doing stuff", that's all BS. It's that WWE has tried their hardest to give them less reason to care about the characters. I guarantee you if the stories were good for months at a time and the characters were fresh and interesting, people would find a way to watch and would choose to watch over doing something else for 2 hours late on a Monday night.

That said, my vote goes to Punk. The Rock's return promo was great, and brought back that nostalgic feeling, but I just can't give it "best of the year" because everyone knew the Rock's promo was more or less a one-off. Punk's promo was (what everyone thought at the time) the start of a new era, something to look forward to week after week. Of course WWE blew it and now Punk is just another PG stooge, but at the time you thought he was really making waves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back