Best of rivalries part 1......

Which one was your personal favourite?

• WWF Intercontinental Title: Steve Austin (c) defeats The Rock WWF In Your House 19: D-Generation X

• WWF Title No Disqualification: Steve Austin defeats The Rock (c) WWF WrestleMania XV

• ualifiWWF Title No DQ Guest Ref Shane McMahon Steve Austin (c) defeats The Rock WWF Backlash 1999

• WWF Title No Disqualification: Steve Austin defeats The Rock (c) WWF WrestleMania X-7

• WWF Title Steel Cage: Steve Austin (c) vs. The Rock - No Contest WWF RAW is WAR

• WWF Title: Steve Austin (c) defeats The Rock WWF Rebellion 2001

• The Rock defeats Steve Austin (17:52) WWE WrestleMania XIX

Results are only viewable after voting.

Stone Cold Tea

Getting Noticed By Management
I've decided over the coming weeks, depending on it's success, run a series of threads discussing the best match of some of the biggest rivalries in wrestling ever. I will also be posting a poll to vote on.

Many of the rivalries I post will be from 1997 onwards as that is the extent of my knowledge as a wrestling fan. For the more mature fans please feel free to message me with suggestions for any rivalries before then and hopefully i will get around to doing it. Also please feel free to message me with any other rivalries you would like to see me do and depending on which ones I get requested to do most you may get to see your choice. Please note I will only be doing WWE rivalries.

The first rivalry i'm going to be doing is my personal favourite of all time: The Rock vs Stone Cold Steve Austin. You can see the choices listed above.

I'm choosing their WMX7 match as i feel the build up to this match was one of the best ever culminating in a massive brawl on the SmackDown before Wrestlemania. This was the match to see who was the man with Austin wanting to recapture the gold after a year out. This match had everything you could want in a main event from straight up wrestling to brawling to foreign objects and even stealing each others finishers. Definitely one of my favourite matches of all time.

Please don't just list a match try give some reasoning behind it.
Happy posting!

I'm not sure there will be much of an argument here. A lot of people rank the WrestleMania X7 match as one of the greatest matches of all time. It is a perfect example of how a WrestleMania main event feud should unfold. It was a hell of a bust ass match, as Stone Cold would say, and many remember it fondly. It also happens to be the main event of what some people call the greatest WrestleMania of all time. Although I think the WrestleMania XIX is a classic in itself, I don't know if anything will live up to the WrestleMania X7 match. I gotta say that, if not for it's historical significance as one of the greatest matches ever.

The match for the ic belt at iyh dx was my personal favorite. It was a huge match in those 2 taking off towards superstardom. Also it showed vince how well they could feed off each other and try new moves that they didn't always use.

WMX7, mostly because it was the first one I saw. I was a wrestling fan in the 90's but unable to watch any PPV's. I managed to get the VHS (remember those?) of X7 and I loved it. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, those two went pretty damn close to an hour just beating the holy hell out of each other.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back