Best never to wear WWF(E) gold

Lex Luger was gonna get the title at Wrestlemania 10 but I heard he got like real drunk the night before and had a monster hangover so Vince decided not to give him the belt....really, true story or so I was told, I forgot the website.

But That's a very good list there...here's some more.

Test: Yes, He had so much potential but it never came through, back in '99 during that whole marriage thing and with Triple H doing the drive-thru wedding and all WWF should have placed Test, who was very popular then, against Triple H and had him win and you would have had a big star in the making. Instead Vince put himself in that match and kinda ruined it.

Ken Shamrock: Yes, I thought the World's Most Dangerous Man could have made a great WWF Champion. He had a pretty loyal fanbase and was good in the ring and had awesome intensity.

Razor Ramon(Scott Hall): In 1993-1995 when he was hot WWF could have made some huge money with him, don't get me wrong they did, but if they would have gave him the World title I think he could have turned the WWF upside down...in a good way. However, WWF felt more comfortable with him in the IC Title hunt...and then he left for WCW and hit it big with the nWo.

That's all I can think of for now.

Shamrock and razor roman BOTH had the i.c title. check ur facts

Brian Pillman, when they brought him in he did a lot of good stuff in the Hart Foundation. In WCW he won the tag team gold as one half of the Hollywood Blondes with Stone Cold. Then he came to WWE and aligned himself with the Hart Foundation. Its too bad he died because there was a chance he would of had a big role. He died the same night he helped Bret Hart succesfully defend his title against Undertaker where HBK was the special ref.

Jerry Lawler- He had so many title runs in AWA. 148 or so. Then he came to WWE and feuded with Bret Hart. Wehn Bret Hart won the King of The Ring he came out and they had a small feud. He got over as a heel and deserved at least one title run but never got it. Maybe because of his age.

Thats all that comes to mind at the moment since a lot of people named most of them on my mind.

Although they're not the gretest, and there are far to many of them to name, I'm going to have to point out alot of the Crusierweights that have never held the title that should have. Alot of them are pretty good for where they stand on the roster at the moment, and they all deserve titles. I didn't watch alot of wrestling in the past, so I'm out of date.

maybe for WWE:Jeff hardy,shamrock,and kevin nash (great heel in nWo)
ECW:RVD(choice)
Nash held the title as diesel a while back ago(95?), and RVD held both the WWE and ECW titles at the same time in june 2006.
Hardy should have won a title though. It would have been great for him to have beaten Taker a few years back in that ladder match(In my opinion best ladder match ever)quite a few years back.

How about Kamala, George the animal Steel, Papa Shango or The Killer Bees they were all known in durninig there time in the wwe/f and never wore any gold

Papa Shango, aka The Godfather aka Charles Wright won both the Intercontinentaland Tag Team belts.

virgil deserved a title, and dont say the million dollar belt cuz that doesnt count

Ok A) This is a list of people who have never won any championship in WWF at all.

B)Kevin Nash not only won championships but was a frickin triple crown winner in his first year in the WWF dumbass.

As for my pick of best never to hold wwf gold...... Doink the Clown :)

I'm not sure how 'old school' you want to go, but, how about some names who never won any gold in the WWWF.

Stan Hansen--Broke Bruno's neck back in 1976. Had the big match in Shea Stadium on the same night as Inoki-Ali, but his regular manager; Classy Freddie Blassie was in Japan with Ali. His substitute manager that night was The Grand Wizard. Imagine all the turmoil that could have happened with a win by Hansen.

Bruiser Brody--Gave Bruno many fits in his encounters, but came up short.

Spiros Arion--Another Blassie protege had many matches with Bruno, only to fall short. I'm not sure if he ever won tag gold.

Bobby Duncum--Like Brody, managed by the Wizard, and didn't win gold either. If wrestling today, I know JR would be using his phrase, "He's tougher than a $2 steak"

Don Leo Jonathan--The Mormon Giant, I had barely started to watch wrestling when I saw him wrestle. Had several encounters with Pedro Morales. If anyone remembers who managed him, please elaborate.

the best to ever hold the wwf title was the rock, best promo man in the biz

Dude its the best to NEVER hold any championship in the WWF/WWE. In my opinion it would definitely have to be Snuka. Its sad that a man with such an impact on the business never had any title around his waist.

The Bushwackers, Koko B. Ware, Gangrel, King Kong Bundy, Harley Race, Jake Roberts, Bam Bam, Tatanka, Luna, Hacksaw, Kamala, The Killer Bees, Justin Credible
----------is that enough?

I liked shawn o'haire when he was in wcw and when he came to wwe it looked like they were gonna give him sort of a push but nothing ever happened with him, wwe should have gave him the push and a title run of some sort he was good enough.

I'd have to say Bam Bam is my choice.I mean damn they couldn't even give the guy an IC or Tag title run.I think Bam Bam more then proved he could be in the main event in his feuds with Goldberg and Taz.

mvp, although he will probably get one.
too many people have missed the point here

I think Mr. Perfect and Ted DiBiase are some of the best to never hold the world title in WWF/E.

You have my backing on those two. I would include rick rude into that list too. These three men were great heels in the day, and, at a time where wrestling ability came second to your size (deja vu anyone?) i thought these guys had some great runs in the mid card. Just a shame vince didnt give one of these the main event PUSH they each deserved. I really believe ted dibiase to be one of the best heel wrestlers of the early 90's. He could cut a good promo, and the guy could go in the ring too. god damm honky tonk man for his stupid ass contract that denied ted from winning the wwf title tournament at wrestlemania 4.

I'm glad you guys have taken an interest in this thread, but here is a warning for everyone, simply listing wrestlers will get you an infraction from now on. I want to know why you think someone deserves a title.

Remember, the point of this thread is the best wrestler to never have any WWE Gold, not just a World title, it's all the gold. I appreciate the interest in this thread, but from now on, simply listing a response is going to get you an infraction.

i would have to say Jake the Snake Roberts....he was probably the biggest drawing performer consistently during the boom period of the mid to late 80's next to Hogan and Savage and he never held a single belt in the WWF....Piper kept coming and going and finally held the IC belt, but Jake never was given a title...i would also put Bam Bam Bigelow on the list as well...he was a great wrestler and never wore the gold....

Lex Luger was gonna get the title at Wrestlemania 10 but I heard he got like real drunk the night before and had a monster hangover so Vince decided not to give him the belt....really, true story or so I was told, I forgot the website.

But That's a very good list there...here's some more.

Test: Yes, He had so much potential but it never came through, back in '99 during that whole marriage thing and with Triple H doing the drive-thru wedding and all WWF should have placed Test, who was very popular then, against Triple H and had him win and you would have had a big star in the making. Instead Vince put himself in that match and kinda ruined it.

Ken Shamrock: Yes, I thought the World's Most Dangerous Man could have made a great WWF Champion. He had a pretty loyal fanbase and was good in the ring and had awesome intensity.

Razor Ramon(Scott Hall): In 1993-1995 when he was hot WWF could have made some huge money with him, don't get me wrong they did, but if they would have gave him the World title I think he could have turned the WWF upside down...in a good way. However, WWF felt more comfortable with him in the IC Title hunt...and then he left for WCW and hit it big with the nWo.

That's all I can think of for now.

I don't think Luger not getting the belt at Wrestlemania has anything to do with him getting drunk...it has everything to do with the fact that at the Royal Rumble when they did the double finish, nobody popped for him when the ref raised his hand...everyone popped for Bret Hart and that's why Bret got the belt....it would have been a very short sighted booking decision on Vince's part to alter his main event and plans for the next 6 months 12 hrs before the match was to take place, especially because his main star got drunk...the last time i checked alcohol was legal to consume...if it were drugs i'd say it may have happened that way....

papa shango later became the godfather and had a brief run as the I.C. champion. Later on he joined right to censor and became the goodfather. While part of the group, he was one half of the WWE tag champs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back