F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
Known for being the 'Bad Guy'...

Next in the series:
Scott Hall (Razor Ramon)
scott-hall.jpg

Years spent in Promotion
WCW: 1989, 1991-1992, 1996-2000..
WWF/E: 1992-1996, 2002..​

So looking at feuds,impact created, accomplishments, matches etc..what would you say...Scott Hall in WCW or WWF/E??

Lets break it down!!

Feuds
WCW
Lex Luger, Randy Savage, Sting, The Steiner Brothers, The Giant, Four Horsemen, Bill Goldberg, Kevin Nash...

WWF/E
Mr. Perfect, Bret "Hitman" Hart, The 1-2-3 Kid, Ted DiBiase, Irwin R. Sheister, Shawn Michaels, Diesel, Jeff Jarrett, Dean Douglas, Goldust, Stone Cold...

Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
2-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
7-time WCW World Tag Team Championship w/ Kevin Nash (6) and The Giant (1)
1-time WCW World Television Championship
WCW World War 3 (1997)

WWF/E
4-time WWF Intercontinental Championship
King of the Ring Runner Up (1994)
Slammy Award for US Best Match of the Year (1996) vs. Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam 1995

My Opinion
Okay, so Scott Hall or if you want to call him Razor Ramon...up to you...well, some of you might not know but he had an unsuccessfull brief stint in WCW when he debuted in 89'...however...then when he came into the WWF, he shot straight to the top and feuded with WWF champions, his first major break came when he took on WWF champion Bret Hart at Royal Rumble, however he was unsuccessfull...in the WWE he won his first ever WM against Bob Backlund...but then the biggest upset in Raw history occurred when he lost to the Kid(change his name to 1-2-3 kid following the win)...He won his first major title the vacant IC title against Rick Martel...Took part in "Match of the Year" for 1994, in a ladder match against HBK...which he won..the next year the match was repeated at SummerSlam, which HBK won...
His 2nd run in the WWE was very forgettable...the incident before Insurrextion..was just awful...what is he 8 years old..at least he had his last WM match against Austin(which he lost)...
Sum up: To me that run in the WWF was really good..even though he never captured the World title...he is to this date arguably the best Intercontinental champion...

Then he made a surprise return to WCW later bringing in Nash and then with Nash and Hogan formed nWo...1/2 of the outsiders a great tag team of the 90's...He was in nWo Hollywood feuding with nWo Wolfpac...His biggest break could have come when he won the World War match, which the winners are guaranteed a world title shot..i'm not sure whether he got that chance though...His 2nd and last US title reign came when he won a ladder match also including Bret Hart, Sid Vicious & Bill Goldberg...Alcohol got to him and he took time off...
Sum up: I would say his WCW run was good aswell..he made more of an imapct in the tag division..and when in nWo, but non of his matches were really remembable...

I have to pick WWF...(note I never put 'E')..

What would you say: Scott Hall in WCW or WWF/E??

Please keep thread on topic..thank you..

I would choose WCW due to the fact that he as well as Kevin Nash were a part of the founders of NWO as the Outsiders, they held a lot of tag team championships during their time with WCW and he did accomplish things on his own as well.

Sure Scott Hall were absolutely great in WWF, he had amazing matches, he was a very underrated talent that could've easily become world champion in WWF because of the fact that he was over, he had the talent to carry the division during the bad time in the mid 90's (at least I would say he had the talent) but he wasn't utilized to do that.

Just like Kevin Nash he was a part of the final introduction of NWO in WWE, and the start of NWO in WWF as The Kliq, but none of them were at the greatness of the WCW NWO, which is gonna completely swerve me to choose WCW.

The nWo was the best thing in wrestling for YEARS. Hall was a big part of the brain trust that stole it from Japan. I tip his better years to his surveys. So I say wcw.
He was awfully good in AWA when they were on national tv with ESPN, too.

I would have to say WWE, because no matter what he did in WCW, he was still just a side kick for most of his years, where in the WWE he was all on his own, and his Original promo vignettes were just awesome. Plus Razor was one of the best gimmicks ever.

This is a tricky one, because he had some great feuds and matches in WWE, but he really came into his own in WCW. He got to be the center of attention, had lots of weekly mic time (remember his surveys? One more for the good guys!). Towards the end, everyone in WCW was a mess, but for a few years, nWo was the big angle that got WCW their rating wins over WWE. I actually am not really of a fan of his, but I respect what he did, and wonder what could have been if his demons didn't take hold of him.

Its hard to choose but i have to say the razor ramon era because well his scott hall days in the dubya c dubya..they were strong when he debuted and of course the NWO era was cool but i think they took it to far when they made fun of his addictions and made it a joke not cool at all becuase he really needed help but they thought it would be cool to make a game out of it. besides the fact he never won a world title in either the big ones he had some of his best matches in the WWF..of course with 1-2-3 kid and HBK but his match with Bret Hart was awsome..he was at the top of the game and i think because WCW didnt take things as serious as the WWF did is why i think Hall was at the top of his game...so long story short i choose WWf Scott Hall/Razor Ramon

For me, I feel, as great as he was in the WWF, because he wasn't pushed as hard as Nash was when they were Diesel and Razor, I would have to saw WCW because he was given the push I felt he deserved.

oh wow this is a tough one, in wwe he was high mid carder that never got the chance nash did, but in wcw he was one of the major players, because he was one of the founding fathers of the nwo. i would have to say a slight edge to wcw

The Razor gimmick was pretty fun, especially during the feud with Mr. Perfect. Curt couldn't wrap his head around 'The Bad Guy' at all. This made the whole thing even better.

But as far as Mic and full-on entertainment value goes, I have to hand it to the Scott Hall of WCW. He was ferocious on the microphone, and at the time could back up everything he said in the ring. He understood the psychology of the event inside and outside of the ring and used that knowledge to get what he (and the NWO) wanted.

His WCW run was hands down better than his WWE run. As mentioned by Ruthless RKO, he fought with the best in WCW..but i noticed that Harlem Heat was missing from this list, and that's a pretty big omission). In WCW you could argue that Scott Hall was the NWO's unofficial leader having being the first official outsider. His entry into WCW, coupled with teaming with Nash and Hogan was the most defining event of a generation. Scott Hall was dominant in WCW, way more hillarious, his catch phrases he created are forever embedded in fans minds. Mind you, his run could have been even more dominant had he stuck around a little longer and fought for titles.

In WWF/E he was an intercontinental championship kind of guy. In WCW he was above that. He was above all titles. He didn't need a title he was already over and could sell as well as any world champ. He put on great matches, carried Nash, and was absolutely necessary in order for the NWO to sell. One thing i don't understand about this thread is that he fought guys like Hitman, Perfect, Schyster, Goldust but i don't remember having a full fledged feud with them. And i don't think beating Ric Martel for a title is as big as an accomplishment as dominating the top guys in WCW. Another thing, matching up against Dean Douglas, 123 Kid, Dibiase, Schyster is like squaring off with a Scott Norton or a Mortis. No big deal. He did have great matches with Hitman, Perfect, and Michaels but not all out feuds that lasted any length of time. They were brief, if only just the one match. Hall had a month long feud with Stone Cold where Stone Cold beat him in one match. Not that great a feud really, nowhere near as good as it could have been.

Ultimately, Scott Hall was a second string star fighting second string feuds with nobodies in WWE and once in a while wrestling a great match with a star like Hitman or Henning. In WCW, he was as big a star as any taking on the past, present, and future of wrestling. He was not feuding with the Dean Douglases and Irwin R Shysters of wrestling, but the Lex Lugers and Chris Benoits. In WCW, he might not have had much single success, but he didn't need it. He was beyond over. And wrestling was just better in WCW from 96- to 99 than it was in WWE from 92-96.

This is a tough question, because, in the WWE, he had good single matches. Had good feuds on his own, and had 2 or 3 of WWEs top matches when he was there.

Then with WCW, he made the impact of the nWo. That was huge for the company, because it nearly saved it, and made professional wrestling a hot topic again.

So, overall, yes, Scott Hall did form the nWo, in WCW, but he had a real wrestling career in the WWF. I mean, the nWo, died out... Twice! Maybe three times if I recall. Not also that, but if he stayed in the WWF, he would of gotten a world title run. Him going to WCW just got him a lot more money.

As much as I liked his WCW run, I just feel like he had more credibility in WWF. As someone said, Scott Hall just felt like a sidekick in WCW to me. In WWF he was a credible leader and looking back, I'm surprised he never made it to the main event. But even in WCW, although he did feud with a lot of main eventers, I don't think anyone really took him all that seriously. Even when he won World War III and faced Sting for the title, it seemed out of place to me and I really didn't think he stood a chance at beating Sting. And honestly, I wouldn't have cared if he did. But if Razor Ramon had won the Royal Rumble and won the title at Wrestlemania, I would've marked out, whether he was a face or a heel. I just feel like he was more "over" in WWF, even if some don't necessarily feel that he accomplished as much. But honestly, I think nWo would have been just as successful if they had put someone else in Hall's role. Hogan was the main reason nWo was a success. Hall was just a supporting role.

Well if you ask me it has to be WWF, even though him and the NWO made a ton of money for many years he was always overshadowed by Nash, and Hogan and all the other WWF crossover stars. He had great tag team success with Nash but after that i dont see many memorable feuds. In WWF even though he never won the world title he is arguably one of the best IC champs in history. The feud with Shawn Michaels is a classic and cultivated in the first ladder match in WWE history which many forget HE WON! Pretty much had he not had left he might have ended up with a world title run. When i think of Scot hall in WCW i think of someone who was out there front and center but at the same time standing in the shadows. My vote goes WWF.

I'm with the majority here.
Scott Hall was a star in WWE, but when he made the jump to WCW, he became a super star. He may not have been wrestling for the World Title every night, but he didn't have to. He was one of those guys that just didn't need a belt. When standing next to Hogan and Macho and the rest of the main even crew, you just felt he belonged, and fully beleived that on any given night, he could go out there and hold his ground with anyone.

WCW wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back