• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Best Faction in ROH today

Favorite faction In ROH right now

• Age Of The Fall

• NRC

• The Resilience

• Vulture Squad

• Hangmen 3

• Sweet & Sour Inc.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
Ok so I was on ROH's site and I saw this article:

The Volcano Explodes
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

It seemed all year that faction warfare in ROH had been like a volcano that was just coming out of a dormant state. It had been simmering for months. Everyone was keeping an eye on it wondering what would happen. Then suddenly it erupted and now there is chaos. The landscape has become permanently changed.

The first signs that the volcano was awake took place on August 25th at "Manhattan Mayhem II" when Jack Evans collided with Austin Aries and Roderick Strong in a three-way. That night saw Jack finally get his long awaited faction together when he added Julius Smokes for guidance. Smokes secured the services of Ruckus, who made a surprise debut in the mayhem filled bout that saw Strong's No Remorse Corps teammates Davey Richards & Rocky Romero as well as Aries' The Resilience members Erick Stevens & Matt Cross get involved. The wild scene with those nine talents had the sold out Manhattan Center crowd in a frenzy.

The first major eruption took place at the conclusion of ROH's California debut on October 21st. "Chaos At The Cow Palace" in San Francisco saw 14 athletes hit the ring for complete mayhem. This wasn't just wrestler vs. wrestler. This was faction vs. faction, team vs. team and army vs. army.

The volcanic explosion reached the sky on November 2nd at "Glory By Honor VI: Night 1" in Philadelphia. 19 men and women fought in an epic battle. It ended in an inspiring array of dives that can only be compared to the biggest Fourth Of July fireworks display.

Every faction is fighting it out to prove that their team is the best. In order to do this they need belts. The ROH World Tag Team Titles held by Jay & Mark Briscoe are now the most sought after straps in the industry. While many other promotions don't put importance on their tag belts, ROH has made the World Tag Team Titles into the focal point of the company. In fact, you can even argue that the competition for the tag belts is just as intense as it is for the ROH World Title. Jay & Mark Briscoe now have everyone gunning for them. They are ready to show the world exactly how great tag team wrestling can be.

ROH officials will cut all these factions lose and let them battle it out to see who is the best. The competition has never been tougher. It will continue in Dayton on November 30th when the most loaded Tag Team Scramble ever takes place pitting The Briscoes vs. Jimmy Jacobs & Tyler Black of The Age Of The Fall vs. Jack Evans & Ruckus of The Vulture Squad vs. BJ Whitmer & Brent Albright of The Hangmen Three.

An important night will be December 1st in Chicago Ridge, IL when "Trios Tournament 2008" takes place. There will be 6 rio teams. They will compete in regular six man first round matches where there must be a winner. The three winning teams will advance to the first ever nine man Tag Team Scramble. The winners can boast that they are the top faction. This will be the night to see who stands on top of faction warfare.

Next week we will have a scorecard for faction warfare because the landscape has changed. The volcano has erupted and now ROH is on fire.

Now this got me to thinking with so many good factions in ROH right now, which one is the best, you've got Age of the Fall, the No Remorse Corps (or NRC for short), the Vulture Squad, the Resilience, and Hangmen 3, and possibly another one I think I might be missing, but any way I think all these factions are great, Age Of The Fall has down some of the most crazy/hardcore shit I've ever seen to the Briscoes, and look forward to seeing how far they are willing to go to get their hands on the tag titles, also would like to see this lead to Jimmy Jacobs getting a ROH world title shot at some point down the road (I don't think he's quit ready yet to be honest), The NRC is great just because I think it has really allowed Rodderick Strong to shine, and has truley lived up to their name by showing No Remorse, especilly when it comes to Aries and his faction, the Resilience, havn't seen much from thes guys but they seem to all work really well together and Aries has always done a greThe Vulture Squad, to me just seems to flashy Jack Evans has never really got be all that excited, and the same can be said for Julius Smokes, and Ruckus aswell, don't get me wrong they can do some cool shit in the ring but I think these guys are rather forgettable IMO, and finally you got the Hangmen 3, really don't know mutch about these guys at all, other than Albright and Whitmore are members, not sure who the third member even is, so I really can't develop a good opinion on these guys just yet, so what does everybody else think of these factions, and which is your favorite?

This is a tough choice for me. Obviously, I love Austin Aries so naturally Resilliance should be my choice. In regard to the other members- I think M-Dogg is extremely talented, but Erik Stevens just doesn't do it for me.
Right now the Age of the Fall is my top choice. As a whole, these guys aren't the most talented group, but the chemistry they have together is amazing and the gimmick itself is on point. They have incredible hardcore matches and cut great promos.

I went with The Age of the Fall only because Sweet & Sour Inc. wasn't a choice. Also Tyler Black is from Iowa (as am I) and Necro Butcher is the f*cking man.

I would have to say that its a tie between Sweet & Sour Inc. and the Age Of The Fall. I feel like the Age Of The Fall's blog content is not only ingenious but a little insane, which may make for some good storylines. In Sweet & Sour Inc. case, to me Larry Sweeney and Chris Hero together will make some waves as well.That just echoes wrestling gold to me. It's really tough to say who the best really is....

I would have to say that its a tie between Sweet & Sour Inc. and the Age Of The Fall. I feel like the Age Of The Fall's blog content is not only ingenious but a little insane, which may make for some good storylines. In Sweet & Sour Inc. case, to me Larry Sweeney and Chris Hero together will make some waves as well.That just echoes wrestling gold to me. It's really tough to say who the best really is....

I agree totaly. with Sweet & Sour you have the Bobby Dempsy thing going on which is always hilarious, but Age of the Fall is just great. I like the whole kayfabe angle with them also because its justs some thing that needed to be done. with all of the marks that blah blah blah on the internet, it was only a matter of time before they started using it aginst them. But i agree both factions are great heel factions, with Sweet & Sour being the more entertaining of the two.

Sweet & Sour Inc., I knew I was forgetting one, sorry guys looks like I may have dropped the ball on that one, I'll see If I can get a mod to add that in there as a selection;), though I'm not really familiar with them, but I'm guessing from what everybody is saying they must be good, I know Chris Hero has always been pretty entertaining and has put on some great matches

ima have to say its the NRC. Davey Richards, Rocky Romero, and Roderick Strong have pretty much taken out the The Resilience and have been putting together very good matches for much of the year. The Age Of The Fall in my opnion are a intresting group but there's something about them im not quite sure about. Also i think the vulture squad are a group to keep an eye on and Jigsaw could BE a breakout star for ROH in 08

I gotta go with NRC. Up until age of the fall debuted, they were the most legit heels, and they really made u wanna hate them. Plus, I was at the show where Strong turned on Aries and started the group :)

The Resiliance were awful and it's fantastic to see Aries back on track with his series against Amdrag and even though the NRC are a pretty cohesive team their feud with Stevens/Cross didn't really get anyone any where so for now I'm gonna have to say AOTF.
Think about it their debut was phenomenal and its Necro Butcher and Jimmy Fucking Jacobs, enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back