Best Drum Solo Ever

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I want people to go ahead and post videos of their favorite drum solos, and explain why, and let us revel in the awesomeness of their chosen percussionist. However, I don't think anyone can top this, so it may be dead before it starts:

[YOUTUBE]rgToFDHDCo4[/YOUTUBE]​

John Bonham is in the top 3 for greatest drummers ever, and isn't my #1 simply because he died before he could've gotten so much better. On any given song, you can hear him do just about everything, and without ever seeing them live, you can imagine the madman behind the kit. First time I ever saw this, I was about 5 years old, and was mesmerized. I watched it about 5 times in a row, and am still in awe over the talent he has.

So, yeah...Go ahead...Prove me wrong.

Fucker. The second I saw this thread I said "Moby Dick. End of discussion. I imagine NSL will choose some random metal band though...", but alas, you have not disappointed me NSL. Good to see we agree on this one.

Yeah, absolutely nothing can top that. The only drummer who could even compare to Bonham was Keith Moon, and I'll give an honorable mention to Michael Shrieve (original drummer for Santana), who has to be one of the most underrated drummers of all time. Here's Santana's performance of "Soul Sacrifice" from Woodstock, with an absolutely legendary drum solo by Shrieve. Combined with Santana's insane guitar playing, this has to be one of the greatest performances ever caught on film. And to think Shrieve was only nineteen years old here...

Moby Dick is my first choice as well, but that comes into a close second right there. Such a mind-blowing performance by everyone involved.

Fucker. The second I saw this thread I said "Moby Dick. End of discussion. I imagine NSL will choose some random metal band though...", but alas, you have not disappointed me NSL. Good to see we agree on this one.

My views on music are a lot like both of our views on wrestling. Just because my favorites and preferences are one thing, does not mean I can't recognize talent. John Bonham is just sick.

As for the #2 guy, we disagree by a wide margin. I like Keith Moon, but I can't put him in my top 5. My #1 is this guy (with Bonham being #2):

[YOUTUBE]qF-k4wg70rg[/YOUTUBE]​

Neil Peart is just amazing. Rush does not get enough love anywhere. They're not even in the Rock Hall Of Fame, and that's a shame. The building should just be torn down. They've always been miles ahead of their time, even with their most recent efforts.

As for my #3, here you go:

[YOUTUBE]qGAzECdeyh8[/YOUTUBE]​

ELP are another under-rated band, and have always been one of my favorites. I'd bet 90% of the people here don't even know who they are, but they've heard their music. Doubt me? Go look up the theme for the Olympics, and then look up ELP's Fanfare For The Common Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back