• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Benoit, Hogan, Snuka, LOL

The Brain

King Of The Ring
My latest IWC pet peeve is all the jokes about guys that have been "erased from history." It's already been annoying with Benoit for years but now Hogan and Snuka have made it even worse.

I don't get it. They haven't been erased from history. They're all over the Network. There is a difference between erasing someone from history and not promoting them as part of your current product. Why should they be promoted?

What's more annoying though is the jokes are so old and not funny. People think that just mentioning the name Chris Benoit is somehow edgy as if the mere mention of his name would give Vince McMahon a stroke or something.

Anyone that ever complains about a stale product or gimmick should really give up on the jokes. It's been eight years. Sorry for being a wet blanket about this. I've never been offended by the jokes. They were fine for a while. It's just old now. Come up with some new material.

And now I fully expect this thread to become full of Benoit, Hogan, and Snuka memes.

Benoit and Hogan are a bit different, but when did WWE ever even promote Snuka? The last time I remember him he was going off to have some Mae Young pie and that was years ago. This really changes nothing.

I agree with you, man, but I did find some of the Hulk Hogan memes to be funny.

Other than that, they aren't fucking funny, they're annoying and show that people have no originality

To be fair, some of the Hogan memes were hilarious.

As far as the topic goes, WWE doesn't want to be associated with Hogan. They have made that clear.

I agree with you 99%, though if it's a meme replacing one of the above names with Stevie Richards, I just might laugh.

11986576_714109588721481_1580853660285843294_n.jpg

I watched Wrestlemania 3 and I'm pretty sure I saw Andre slam himself.

I'll let myself out now...

Not erasing them from history.
Just erasing them from their website.

And even that they aren't fully doing. Their names are still on the title history. Even Benoit's is on there.

Yes it got old fast, but like others have said some of the Hogan meme's were hysterical some were just lame.

Even better though is Scott Steiner's tweets on the whole Hogan fiasco. They have had me in tears reading some of them.

Real question is if they keep Tamina around or does she get a mysterious and well timed injury? Like Sasha Banks just going it alone and taking her out in the process. Not like she needs the other two anyway.

Real question is if they keep Tamina around or does she get a mysterious and well timed injury? Like Sasha Banks just going it alone and taking her out in the process. Not like she needs the other two anyway.

I wouldn't surprised if they took her off TV, but I'd like to think they won't.

Tamina's eventually on her way off television because she's an uninteresting character, average worker, and the WWE already has its diversity ratio covered, but this won't be a reason for it. They just won't emphasize the Snuka connection, and she'll be just "Tamina".

She probably will get pulled after this Team Girl storyline runs its course, which won't be too far in the future.

Bob Holly main eventing Wrestlemania was awesome.

Loved when he and Eddie hugged at the end. Don't know why though. Pretty sure everyone thinks Bob is a dick. Oh well.

Wouldn't she actually have to get to a match to get an injury? So far all she does is stand around. Probably what will happen is once the Diva's title changes hands and all this 3 woman team bullshit stops, we won't see much of her. Right now get the feeling she's just a placeholder anyway, will most likely make a silent exit and not be mentioned.

Piper is dead, the Streak is over and WWE have no interest in Foley, so Snuka's legacy is easy to bury.

Wouldn't she actually have to get to a match to get an injury? So far all she does is stand around. Probably what will happen is once the Diva's title changes hands and all this 3 woman team bullshit stops, we won't see much of her. Right now get the feeling she's just a placeholder anyway, will most likely make a silent exit and not be mentioned.

Nah, they could just have the other two turn on her and take her out. Maybe they're attacking her and Naomi thinks Sasha takes it too far. Sets up tension and a feud between those two since they aren't part of the main feud over the title at this moment.

Naomi goes back to being a face which she needs to be anyway and Sasha picks up some wins and wins the feud.

Benoit and Hogan are a bit different, but when did WWE ever even promote Snuka? The last time I remember him he was going off to have some Mae Young pie and that was years ago. This really changes nothing.

He was in that Jericho match at Wrestlemania.

Bob Holly main eventing Wrestlemania was awesome.

Loved when he and Eddie hugged at the end. Don't know why though. Pretty sure everyone thinks Bob is a dick. Oh well.

Like when he sandbagged Brock Lesnar in a match and got his neck broken for the lulz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back