• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Because I am The Miz! And I'm Awesome!

Suneeboy

Big Boot, Leg Drop, 1....2....3
(I didnt see a thread dedicated to The Miz and his actual current RAW character and future so I am starting one.)

This is the shit I've been looking for. I want to be entertained. I want a "song and a dance" every week, and I want edgy and creative promos.

The Miz is giving that to me. He is the reason I watched RAW this week. I wanted to see what he was going to come out and say. I was totally caught off gaurd by how much charisma and confidence this guy has, and I like it.

His promo skills will allow him to tell great stories in the ring. I may be jumping the gun early, but I see a diamond in the rough. This guy has main event potential written all over him. The crowd is buying him more and more each week, and so am I. So basically Yay or Nay on The Miz?

His promo was probably the highlight of Judgment Day for me... besides Jericho/Mysterio (maybe). Sure, he only got heat by making fun of Dominic Santiago or whoever the fuck that was, but he still got pretty good heat.

I never used to believe Jake when he said that Miz was better than Morrison. Now I know. I'm still not watching Raw though.

I say hell yeah on The Miz & here's why.

The Miz is one of the only entertaining characters on RAW & to be quite honest he is the only reason why I still watch RAW. Like you said his promos are edgy & creative & he just oozes charisma & confidence.

I do think that his promos, his charisma & his confidence will all translate into allowing him to be a great storyteller in the ring. I say he is a Diamond In The Rough, but I don't know if he is gonna go beyond the mid card or not(I am kinda hoping he does).

That guy is a piece of crap! All he has is a clothesline in the corner. Call me old school, but I watch wrestling to see action. I don't want to see some fake ass reality loser wasting time saying nothing. As much as I hate Cena, I hope he destroys that plug. Morrison is 1000x the wrestler as The Miss, they just need to eliminate his wackass Doors gimmick.

I couldnt help but to reply to this. They are going the same route they went with John Cena and Brock Lesner. Remember Cena taking Lesner finishing move and modifing it and the name. The F5....the FU. Cena character was jealous of Lesner and he kept egging Lesner on, sort of what the Miz is doin with Cena now. It is just a matter of time before the Miz mock Cena finisher and give it a name to mock "Attitude adjustment" or whatever it is called. The Miz will hit mainevent status in a few years and mock my words, Just like Cena, he is going to have Miz hater's saying he only has 5 move's. Just a matter or time before we get a wrestlemania main event with John Morrison vs. The Miz for a World title. The modern day HBK and John Cena. Also, John Cena got Owned by the Miz in their match a few weeks ago.

Agreed. Miz is easily the most entertaining thing on Raw for me right now. However, I'm afraid that they're going to screw it up by having Cena destroy him in a throwaway match. Miz comes and out says what everyone else is afraid to say and Cena has little to no arguments against him. The movie bombed, Cena's rap album did little better, and Cena as a whole is getting stale. Miz called him out on that and it's working really well. Now, if WWE plays their cards right, they can jump on this. I offer a solution that will never happen: Miz beats Cena clean.

Cena isn't going to lose any credibility by it. He's the most over guy in the company. It instantly makes Miz into a star, and the feud continues. Of course then Cena defeats him in a rematch or two, but for the time being it's shocking. Now I know people are going to say you don'pt have your best guy lose to a midcarder. I say you should. Cena is stale. He does the same things over and over again and it just gets old. He looks invulnerable unless it's a handicap. If he loses, it would be shocking. People would take notice because it would come from nowhere. While there is a downside, it's outweighed by the upside.

they need to make the match happen soon though. i dont like they are going on 5-0 against cena. king said it best... just because you call someone out doesnt mean its a match. im a cena fan i still do get bored though with him. i just hope he destroys miz. i dont think the miz is gonna make it big in the business and heres why. someone said he is an ex reality star loser. THE ONLY REASON he is on WWE is because he did the real world. i dont want that in the show and have him use that. the miz would never stand up in the ranks of orton cena batista HHH and HBK.

Agreed. Miz is easily the most entertaining thing on Raw for me right now. However, I'm afraid that they're going to screw it up by having Cena destroy him in a throwaway match. Miz comes and out says what everyone else is afraid to say and Cena has little to no arguments against him. The movie bombed, Cena's rap album did little better, and Cena as a whole is getting stale. Miz called him out on that and it's working really well. Now, if WWE plays their cards right, they can jump on this. I offer a solution that will never happen: Miz beats Cena clean.

That's great and all, but asking for a clean pin isn't the solution...I say, Miz doesn't pin Cena clean. I say he cheats, holds the tights/baggy shorts and gets a cheap win. Talk about a push. On paper, Miz beat Cena. You'd never hear the end of it. Which is great, because as annoying as Miz is, he's doing his job. He's currently...dare I say it...over?

Cena isn't going to lose any credibility by it. He's the most over guy in the company. It instantly makes Miz into a star, and the feud continues. Of course then Cena defeats him in a rematch or two, but for the time being it's shocking. Now I know people are going to say you don'pt have your best guy lose to a midcarder. I say you should. Cena is stale. He does the same things over and over again and it just gets old. He looks invulnerable unless it's a handicap. If he loses, it would be shocking. People would take notice because it would come from nowhere. While there is a downside, it's outweighed by the upside.

All good points, but people would notice if Cena lost at ALL...even if it was by cheating. Miz is awesome and to me, I think he should interfere in future matches with Cena, including the match at Extreme Rules. Because if he doesn't, he'll lose momentum that was killed by, of all people, JERRY LAWLER. What the hell was that all about anyway. But my point is Miz needs to at least have a legit match with Miz, and Miz should win. I'd mark out if this happens.

I dont know what you people see in this guy. He is absolutely boring, he is NOT good on the mic, he screwed up at least twice last week, and he is crap in the ring. Hes nothing compared to Morrison. I hope Miz fails horribly. I cant stand his little speaches, there not funny at all, even though hes making fun of Cena, who i also cant stand.

This is ridiculous. Doesn't Santino get a huge pop every time he comes out? He can insult the fans and they still cheer. So how about Miz vs Santino headlining Wrestlemania? Santino is a joke tweener, and Miz is a joke heel. Santino has the same chance making it big. This is going to play out where Cena finally accepts, and makes Miz tap out in 3 seconds to hype up the PPV match against Big Show. Then Miz will join Kendrick as a tag team. That's it. That's all the potential Miz has. He was only brought in because he had the Real World publicity. I enjoy watching him on Raw, but I also enjoy watching Santino, and neither of them have anything to do with wrestling. I don't see how Morrison is the future's Shawn Michaels, and the Miz is the future's John Cena, and see Miz being more respected than Morrison haha. I'm going to have to agree with Hater on this one. I care more about being entertained by the wrestling in terms of who i want to lead the company in the future. Everyone complains about too much Cena, but they want Miz to succeed?

To compare Miz to Santino is absurd.

Number one, Miz has put on some damn entertaining matches. Santino's longest match has been what, 5 minutes? People that claim Miz has nothing to offer in wrestling and is only there because he was on reality TV. Yes he was on reality TV. He was on Tough Enough and he got over on it.

Miz might be better than Morrison. Morrison is flashy and has a better look, but that's it. Miz was the workhorse of the team though. he was in the matches for the majority of the time and had more sound stuff to go on. Morrison will go farther because of his flash, but I'd rather watch Miz over Morrison.

Also, Santino is a comedy act and nothing more. No one cares about what he does in the ring. His "comedy" is so low intelligence that it's designed to get laughter from everyone. It's like Adam Sandler or Will Ferrell. Neither are particularly funny. They just use weird voices and act like idiots. Every insult Miz has thrown at Cena is absolutely true. He's not out there acting like an idiot. He's out there saying exactly what Cena haters have been saying forever.

Miz > Santino by a landslide.

Miz is tons better than Santino right now. Miz can do the comedy routine in the ring just like Santino but he can also back it up wrestling. I would love to see a Miz/Cena feud and I would like to see Miz at least get one clean win over him. It wouldn't hurt Cena in any way, shape, or form and this would be a huge opportunity for Miz. I would like to see Miz beat MVP or Kofi before challenging Cena because it's better to start at the bottom and work your way to the top than to start there because you have nowhere else to go but down.

I really don't think that Miz should beat Cena clean, Klunder. It's for his sake as much as Cena's. I mean, he just doesn't have the build or look necessary to be booked as a dominant, dangerous heel. He's the cowardly, arrogant type, there's no doubt.

I mean, if the fucking Big Show couldn't defeat a hurt Cena in a regular match, how ridiculous would it be to have the Miz cleanly go over a 100% Cena? Very. It would seem more inconsistent than anything.

Edit: 'Sides, I think four wins is enough.

But yeah, great promos, I've gotta say. This from the guy that however many years ago made me want to kill myself every time he opened his mouth - I'm impressed.

When i say beat him clean, I mean a roll up or a small package or something. I wouldn't want him to hit the Reality Check on Cena and then pin him. Something more along the lines of Owen over Bret at WM 10. He beat him clean, but it was on something quick. Bret lost no credibility at all and it is Owen's biggest win ever. Owen continued to be the cocky younger brother but for the rest of his career he was able to say he beat the best in the world.

When i say beat him clean, I mean a roll up or a small package or something. I wouldn't want him to hit the Reality Check on Cena and then pin him. Something more along the lines of Owen over Bret at WM 10. He beat him clean, but it was on something quick. Bret lost no credibility at all and it is Owen's biggest win ever. Owen continued to be the cocky younger brother but for the rest of his career he was able to say he beat the best in the world.

Do you think that Big Show should have won Sunday so Cena and Miz can start the feud Monday because this is around the time every year where Cena is not in main event matches like his feud with JBL last year. I don't see them fighting at Summerslam or even NOC because I don't think Cena is going to be a champion. Maybe at a throw away pay-per-view like Unforgiven or No Mercy.

Yeah that would make the most sense. Cena and Big Show has just been done so many times now. That's the problem with Raw: everything is the same over and over again. No one wants to see Cena, Orton, Batista and HHH feud anymore. It's been done WAY too many times now and it's just dead. Think about it: the main feud right now on Raw is about Evolution. They broke up four years ago. Why should I care/ This is a chance to get Cena away from them for awhile and spice things up. Put him with Miz, Orton with MVP, Batista with.....anyone else, maybe Shawn. HHH gets say Matt Hardy. You have fresh feuds and then when they come back together, it's not as much overkill.

Anyway, yeah at something like No Mercy would work. It's a minor show, so have a minor match.

Yeah that would make the most sense. Cena and Big Show has just been done so many times now. That's the problem with Raw: everything is the same over and over again. No one wants to see Cena, Orton, Batista and HHH feud anymore. It's been done WAY too many times now and it's just dead. Think about it: the main feud right now on Raw is about Evolution. They broke up four years ago. Why should I care/ This is a chance to get Cena away from them for awhile and spice things up. Put him with Miz, Orton with MVP, Batista with.....anyone else, maybe Shawn. HHH gets say Matt Hardy. You have fresh feuds and then when they come back together, it's not as much overkill.

Anyway, yeah at something like No Mercy would work. It's a minor show, so have a minor match.

I agree totally. If Miz, Hardy, and MVP want to move up they have to feud with established superstars first. Smackdown benefitted from the draft and RAW was basically left with HHH, Orton, Cena, and Batista. I would have liked to have seen a proper Cena/Orton feud and they can always do Cena/Batista II down the line, but fresh feuds will benefit everybody.

Concerning Santino, I believe he will be released in a year's time. His comedy act has gotten tiring and I know he has the talent to be a good singles wrestler but they never let him show it so after his comedy grows stale, what is there to fall back on.

I think Miz is a great character and he's entertaining. He and Morrison were funny on the Dirt Sheet and he's def the better one on the mic out of that former tag duo whereas Morrison is better in the ring. Miz just exudes that douche bag quality that makes people hate him and that's a great thing. He is very good on the mic and I hope he does fight Cena but he def needs to cheat to win. He can't pin Cena clean without crazy interference. What they could do is have him roll up the tights when Cena is distracted by Show or Cena can lose by DQ or count out or something to Miz and Miz can go on claiming how he beat the Superman of WWE blah blah blah til of course Cena beats him. I read someone put something about people wanting Cena to fail I def don't want him to fail I just don't like his current character and what he's doing. He's boring to me.

Miz is crap. Santino is crap. MVP is crap. I would rather see them dig Andre the Giant up and put him in there than any of those dickbeaters.

The Miz is incredibly annoying and boring. I don't want to see him come out and call out John Cena anymore. I don't want to see him come out, PERIOD. They make him talk on the mic to hardly any reaction whatsoever. Don't see how anyone can tolerate him. Not funny. Not entertaining.

I don't even like John Cena. But I found myself hoping to God that Cena would come out and just beat the Miz down so we could finally put an end to the horror show that is The Miz on the mic.

It looks like The Miz will do good as a heel in the same fashion as Stone Cold and The Rock. They had the same start to stardom with their arrogant, cocky heel gimmicks. They acknowledged the fans and worked the crowd to help them get over. Plus he has the most important thing an Icon should have nowadays...A CATCH PHRASE. I bet you the crowd will be saying this in a month right along with him.

You never know who is next in line until you give them a chance. Miz is getting his chance and I see him main eventing one day, quite simply because the guy can cut a fucking promo! In ring skills don't mean shit in pro wrestling in comparison to mic skills. Hogan & Austin are PERFECT examples. Mediocore to above average in the ring, but awesome on the mic and able to tell a story and keep the crowd involved. Miz is on that track. Miz for Money In the Bank 2010?

Maybe I'm over zealous but I guess I am just relieved that there is something different on my television set now that The Miz is on RAW. I happy I don't have to watch Legacy vs Evolution/McMahon for the whole 2 hours.

I like the Miz. I don't think he is that bad of a wrestler. I saw him wrestle Benoit and he held up his own fairly well. the mic stuff will get better as he continues to do it. i don't watch smackdown, so i don't know how morrison is on the mic. The "12 Rounds" jokes are funny now, but I hope they don't keep doing it when the movie is irrelevent. Although, I guess it is by now anyways.

This is to DON of WWE, first let me say this, the miz is sort of like the jackass crew of wwe all of them talk shit and get beat up. Remember when miz first came he got his ass handed to him by kane and rarely won any singles matches so the got morrison to help this real world fake ass wrestler some help. How did miz own cena when cena was battered and bruised and miz ddt'ed him wow I didn't know u get owned by a ddt. Loser. N e way 100% miz will still lose to a 50% cena anyday. As far a future in wwe not likely maybe with tna. Vince has way too much money on cena. morrison is already gettin pushed with main eventers like jericho on smackdown and miz hasn't fought anyone since joining raw, all he does is talk shit, as Taker once said to the Rock " you're writing a check that your ass can't cash". Cena will destroy miz anyday.

I'm kind of 50-50 on The Miz right now. I've seen a bunch of people say he's boring, and I definitely disagree there. While I don't turn on RAW to watch Miz, I definitely look forward to seeing what he's up to this week. Unfortunately, I find his act getting old, and he's getting to be super annoying (I think it's something in his voice). He also needs to find a new "thing" than calling out the audience for uncreative chants. It reminds me too much of two little kids bickering and one sarcastically saying, "That's original" about the other one's comeback. However, now that King has set him straight on exactly how beating John Cena works, I am looking forward to seeing what's next for The Miz. I hope to God he doesn't come out and try calling out John Cena again, but who knows. With any luck, the WWE will handle this right, and the WWE will make the Miz into a very good character.

People keep comparing Miz to many different wrestlers but I think most people are missing the mark. For me at least, Miz's promos remind me of Christian on RAW circa 2005. Cena was becoming a huge name with all the fans backing him and Christian cut him down to size. It didn't matter because the sheep were still getting behind John but it was still a breath of freshair that Christian was saying things that you wouldn't expect someone in his position could get away with saying. On top of that, Cena wasn't even on the same show and this was a time when the brand lines meant something.

Mind you, I've never been a fan of Miz. Originally on his own he was boring. With Morrison he was okay but it was clear that he was the anchor of the duo. Now I'm still not thrilled with him but I do enjoy the sentiments he's expressing. Here's the thing though. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I'm being realistic. This is an upper midcarder in the Miz we're talking about. And he's ripping on the golden goose. How can this possibly end in any other way than Cena squashing him? That seems to be the case 95% of the time. When they eventually square off Miz HAS to hold his own. A fluke win is most likely too much to ask for against SuperCena but as long as Miz absolutely looks like Cena's equal then this will all be for nothing. Miz will get destroyed and the next week he'll be down the card as just a random midcarder.

Call me pessimistic or just a blind Cena hater if that makes you feel better but I firmly believe that unless this pays off big for Miz in a serious way then he's just going to start floating from brand to brand for a year or two until he's eventually future endeavored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back