BCS Title Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
While it's still unofficial, it's beyond obvious that we'll see OU against Florida. This is a most interesting matchup to me, as all year the story has been who is the dominant conference, Big 12 or SEC, and now we get to see the answer to that question. At the end of the day, i see it going to Florida in either a shootout or a blowout, likely the former. These two teams have two of the top offenses in the country, but Florida's defense trumps OU's. The saying goes good defense beats good offense, and I think that'll be the case here. OU has a history of choking in bigger games, and this might stay true in this case. Either way this is probably the best matchup possible. Can't wait, but it's a shame we have to wait a month for it.

I think Texas will definitely win this game. They proved they were the best team in the Big 12 all season, losing only on a miracle play by Michael Crabtree. Texas defense will....

Why the fuck is OU in that game? OU plays no defense. I don't care how many points you rack up against Baylor. They couldn't score against Texas in the second half, and that team had the best defense they saw all year. The only defense that can be compared to Florida's in number of athletes, ability of athletes, and coaching. Fuck OU. I hope Florida wins by 100 and someone cleats Stoops in the face. His smug little expression annoys the shit out of me. Texas is going to embarass Ohio State and them piss on a bonfire of OU jerseys.

Either way the BCS is fucked. Florida clearly belongs in, but it's hard to argue that Texas or Tech wouldn't have dominated Mizzouri in the exact same way that OU did. This is simply more proof that the BCS doesn't work. The title game was destined to be SEC vs. Big 12 almost the entire season, so why OU? I'll tell you why. Because the BCS is fucked up beyone all reasonable belief. Texas or OU should be in this game. So what if OU won by 20 last week? Any human that watched the game could tell you that score didn't really show how the game went. Computers are picking the title game participants and that's just wrong. As for the game, I agree Florida needs to dominate. It would prove once again that the SEC is the best there is.

The best matchup, and I've said this for a while now, would be Florida and USC. Those are the two best teams in the country, and they'll prove it in a month.

Which brings me to the next point of this ridiculous BCS stuff. Well, it's always been like this, but it's part of the BCS now, so the BCS gets blamed. Florida is the undisputed best team in the country right now (well, to everyone outside the state of Oklahoma), and yet when they play in the National Title game, they will have almost a MONTH off before hand. You lose all rhythm, you're not in game shape, and you're not used to playing in game situations. How fucked up is that? How can you determine a best team, when you have a full month off? That's stupid, and I hate it.

Where as if we had a playoff system, we could start the playoffs now, and come January 6th (or whatever day it is this year), you would have the undisputed two best teams playing. The two teams that are the deepest, most prepared, most talented, and the most on a roll. By having a month off you have just eliminated 3 of those 4.

Anyways, Florida will roll Oklahoma. It won't be 40 points, but it'll be 15-20. Oklahoma is good, don't get me wrong, but Florida is just on another level right now.

The best matchup, and I've said this for a while now, would be Florida and USC. Those are the two best teams in the country, and they'll prove it in a month.
I agree. But FLA and OKLA showcase two of the best Quarterbacks in the nation and each team has the ability to rack up a lot of points.

USC needed an undefeated season to play in the national title game. their schedule isn't the greatest outside of the Pac 10, and losing to Oregon State didnt do them any favors. Besides USC plays defense and the College "norms" hate defense.

Anyways, FLA wins by double digits. They have so many weapons, they can beat you on the ground or through the air. Don't get me wrong, Okla is good but Meyers will find a way to contain Slinging Sam and the Sooners. Anyways, the last couple of years Stoops and the Sooners have sucked in the Big game. They usually came in unprepared, and that's pretty hard to do when you have like a month to prepare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back