• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Batista Unleashed... On Smackdown!

Blade

"Original Blade"
So Batista announced on Raw last night that he's heading off to Smackdown.
Obviously, SD needs that big star to help it along. Hardy left, Undertaker is getting older and CM Punk just isn't that big yet. So they chose Batista.

To me, Batista is an interesting choice. Out of the major stars on Raw, Batista is the only one they can really send to SD. Orton is the top heel on Raw, so he couldn't go. Cena is the WWE champion. Triple H and HBK are tied up with DX and the Legacy. So it went to Batista, who's got nothing really going on right now. It was the only logical decision.
But will it come back to haunt WWE? We've seen Punk vs Batista a couple of times, and we've seen Batista vs Undertaker more than a couple of times. And yet alot of people want to see the Cena/Batista rematch, which is obviously a huge money match. Batista talked about his retirement in his Raw farewell speech, and he implied that he won't be around for too much longer. So it seems Batista is just playing the part of the 3rd main eventer on SD, probably till Edge gets back. So that means we might not get to see Cena vs Batista with proper build up.

Another problem that might occur is the same thing that happened last time Batista feuded with Punk. Batista made Punk look like crap and I'm worried it might happen again if these two have a title match. Punk has improved alot as a main eventer in recent months, but he's still not on the same level as Batista. But I guess we'll see what happens there.

What do you guys think?

Batista was the most likely one of all the main eventers to go to Smackdown. I wouldn't say that Batista made Punk look like crap. It's just that their styles didn't mesh well. If DX weren't feuding with Legacy, I would have had HBK go over to Smackdown because I think that would have been better. Punk/HBK wouild be a better matchup than Punk/Batista. I don't think him going to Smackdown is going to work out great but it'll be interesting in the short-term to see what program he's put into.

Without thinking of past feuds, as what the WWE wants us to do for the most part, Batista is the best star to send over to the roster. He can easily help Undertaker fill Jeff Hardy's void that he left behind in building up the next generation of superstars. Since he seems to be going into retirement, it might be a good idea to make use of him by letting the younger talents get the victory over 'Tista. He has not really done much to be worthy of championship gold but he would be a great addition to make the Batista/Punk feud for the roster.

I also noticed that the Undertaker had a surgery to repair his hip in order to gain better mobility. From the reports being received about the matter, the WWE Officials are noting he is not getting better at all from the repairments. So, I am guessing that if the Undertaker cannot perform at his best after HIAC, they may make a Punk/Batista feud to compensate for Taker's injury & give him something to fix it up before the Rumble.

He can also be a good contender for going against the Tag Team Champions by teaming up with someone on the roster that needs the push into stardom. Maybe if Mysterio gets back, we can see the two team up again for a re-union & have a tag team feud whilst we can see Morrison go with Ziggler for the IC title. Speaking of that title, he can be a worthy contender for that title as well if the proper feud was made. If the IC champion can get a victory of Batista & have some exposure, it would work wonders for that area.

All in all... with Hardy gone, Edge injured, Mysterio suspended, Taker slowing down & many superstars in need of a serious push to the main event... sending Batista is a great choice to help SmackDown with their problems. He has so many options to go for & would help the other veterans build the show as he can be the full-time main event guy. There was nothing left on RAW for Batista apart from the Cena/Batista matches. However, that match can still take place a WrestleMania 26.

Great move by the WWE executives.

What problems? I thought Smackdown was doing just fine without Batista. Yes, Mysterio's suspension was a blow but he's only out for 30 days. Punk and Taker have what promises to be a great program going and can you really see Batista getting involved in the IC title feud with Morrison/Ziggler? SD had more than enough to tide it over without the Botchmaster getting involved. And if they didn't, they could have, y'know, PUSHED SOMEONE NEW instead of sending over a big stale roided turd. SD is supposed to be the show where the new stars are made, not where the old ones sent over from RAW because they have nothing better to do clog up the program

And he is stale as hell as a face. Here's to hoping he turns heel: if he does, and feuds with maybe Morrison, it might be really quite fun. His style, such as it is, works better as a heel anyway. But unless Taker's going to get injured again I can't see where the hell Batista is supposed to fit in, unless he feuds with Kane. Oh, I can hardly wait.

Knowing batista, though, he'll remain injury-free for precisely another month, until Rey Rey comes back from suspension, so it will probably all work out.

What problems? I thought Smackdown was doing just fine without Batista. Yes, Mysterio's suspension was a blow but he's only out for 30 days. Punk and Taker have what promises to be a great program going and can you really see Batista getting involved in the IC title feud with Morrison/Ziggler? SD had more than enough to tide it over without the Botchmaster getting involved. And if they didn't, they could have, y'know, PUSHED SOMEONE NEW instead of sending over a big stale roided turd. SD is supposed to be the show where the new stars are made, not where the old ones sent over from RAW because they have nothing better to do clog up the program

And he is stale as hell as a face. Here's to hoping he turns heel: if he does, and feuds with maybe Morrison, it might be really quite fun. His style, such as it is, works better as a heel anyway. But unless Taker's going to get injured again I can't see where the hell Batista is supposed to fit in, unless he feuds with Kane. Oh, I can hardly wait.

Knowing batista, though, he'll remain injury-free for precisely another month, until Rey Rey comes back from suspension, so it will probably all work out.

Think about it this way. Cena is WWE champion, and in a month or two Orton will no longer be feuding with Cena. Triple H is doing his DX thing, which is rumoured to be going until Wrestlemania 26, where HBK will retire. And now Batista is on SD.
So logically, when Orton/Cena ends, a new star will be pushed to challenge whoever is the WWE champion at the time. I mean, it's safe to assume that Batista will be filling the holes left on SD by Edge and Hardy. And neither of them are coming back any time soon, so he'll be there for a while.
Unless Orton/Cena goes on until Mania 26 (touch wood) then we should see a new challenger or two for the WWE title within the next few months.

The way I see it is Batista can only be a huge gain for the Blue Team. This adds more Star Power to the Friday show and if the WWE decides to do a Raw vs. Smackdown Survivor Series Elimination Tag Team Match, Dave going to Team Teddy evens it up a bit. Plus this move makes Cena vs. Batista at Mania an Inter – Promotional match. It adds a little something to an already automatic money making match up.

Raw has been just fine without Batista the last few months and it will stop this whole evolution/dx vs legacy switch off they have been doing. I am not a big fan of Batista but if he is contemplating retiring it should be on his home brand (Smackdown) He always had greater feuds on Smackdown and seemed more comfortable on the mic. As long as they keep him away from CM Punk I will be happy.

He could elevate Ziggler into the Mainevent with a proper feud but with everyone paired up right now I don't see where they could go with this unless they pair him up with a returning Mysterio to further elevate the tag division by challenging Jerishow. I wouldn't mind seeing him turn heel and feud with Matt Hardy, Morrison, and a face returning Edge (they have had great chemistry and good be interesting with a face Edge and a heel Batista). Sadly it will probably be him squaring off with Khali or Kane for the 100th time.

It will be interesting as to how he made the jump since when did superstars have the option of jumping brands?

Could this have something to do with Teddy Long recruiting him and becoming his manager? Almost like a new corporation to take out the Undertaker

Teddy Long - GM
CM Punk - Champ
Batista - Muscle
Hart Dynasty - Tag Team

It was right after the first screw job that the corporation was formed (WWE likes to repeat storylines) Maybe Teddy is trying to impress Vince by taking out the phenom for good something Vince could never do. Turn Kane face to help his brother

Ok now I'm really off topic but I can only see good things from him being back on the blue

imo i trully beleive tht sending batista to smackdown was the wrong move. He is just going to end up taking time away from the rising stars like hardy. i personally think that instead of stinking up smackdown with roidtista, raw shudd have sent swagger and evan bourne to friday nights. Those two have nothing going on for them on raw and they would make great additions to the midcard on smackdown. Seriously, the fueds that are going on r weak. Kane-Khali and Finlay-Knox, is not a rating booster. i do like morrison-ziggler and the punk taker programs however. And since bastista is already going to smackdown i really hope they send swagger and bourne too.

So Batista announced on Raw that he's heading to smackdown. Reason being because of lack of star power on smackdown. Although that may be true (edge,jeff hardy and rey), I don't think Batista should go back to smackdown, even if hes spent a better part of the past few years on that program.

I think there is a lot of talent on raw that are in pointless feuds that could be a great opponent to Batista. I'm not high on Batista by any means, but he could have a very intriguing feud with Jack Swagger. Swagger was currently in a tag team match last night involving Hornswoggle. The Miz has Kingston which is fine. Evan Bourne is someone who should go to Smackdown. Hes over with the crowd and can replace Rey on smackdown with his acrobatics and whatnot. He doesn't need to be feuding with Swagger.

I mean we all know creative is gonna run Orton and Cena straight into the ground just like they did with triple h/orton. The only way I'd approve of Batista to Smackdown is if there is a possible heel turn in the making. Him,Ziggler, and CM Punk could make for 3 pretty good heels on that brand.

Anyone else hoping for a Batista-Knox feud? I can't recall these two ever even having a match together, so it would definitely be fresh. This would be a great way to keep Dave out of the main event scene, at least until the Punk-Taker feud is over. Plus, this would be an excellent way to get Knox over as a heel. I've seen a lot of potential in his new heel persona, and think it could work well in this feud. Picking Batista apart seems like the most logical way to take him out.

When I first heard Batista was returning to Smackdown, I automatically thought to myself. "I really wanted to see Randy Orton vs. John Cena vs. Batista for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania 26, but I won't be able to see it." This is most likely never going to happen unless Batista stays for more than a year or so. Ok so...

I think Batista will most likely be the one to talke the title off of C.M. Punk. The Undertaker would have been the better choice, but with what I hear about Undertaker's hip surgery not helping him, a "healthy" Batista does make a better choice. That is if he can remain healthy.

Batista vs. C.M. Punk didn't do good last year at Great American Bash. Will that change a year later? Punk is a heel now so that may be able to change the effectiveness of the match. I don't know if it'll actually work though.

Batista's move to Smackdown didn't surprise me... I just hope it's not boring. Adding Batista to the Smackdown team of C.M. Punk, The Undertaker, Edge (when he returns), Chris Jericho, and Rey Mysterio can really help Smackdown's ratings. Keep things fresh and we'll be fine.

Most likely Batista will team with rey when he gets back and go into the tag-team since they're trying to make Jeri/Show a dominant team. I see after HIAC batista fueding with a couple guys on smackdown to push them, and then have a tag match with rey, then go after jeri-show.

It could honestly work, and alot of people would like it. Batista vs Show, Rey vs Jericho....all 4 put on decent matches......

Id pay to see it haha.:lmao:

Batista moving to Smackdown was a great move IMO. I feel like he'd get lost in the RAW mix. Too many main eventers.
Having returned to Smackdown he has a great selection of big guys to wrestle. Kane,Knox,Undertaker,and Big Show come to mind. I'd like to see Bats get into a feud w/ the Hart dynasty. Maybe throw Rey Rey into the mix. They'd have some great matches.
What I don't want to see is Batista win the world title. He's held in enough times. Let Punk have his time to shine. I'd like to see Batista wrestle Punk though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back