• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Basketball isn't a sport...

if Basketball isn't a sport, then Curling isn't either.

Damn straight it isn't. That's the Canadian version of shuffleboard. Garbage.

There are only three sports on earth that earn my respect: hockey, American football and European football, because all three require a serious level of physical skill and no one just fuckin' stands around during the games except the coaching staff.

There are only three sports on earth that earn my respect: hockey, American football and European football, because all three require a serious level of physical skill and no one just fuckin' stands around during the games except the coaching staff.
And basketball doesn't? American football is broken down into 40something plays a game, that leaves alot of standing around. Basketball requires a better physical condition than that.

Lacrosse and Rugby should probably seed there too, now that I think about it. Basically any sport where scoring is simple and the game is physical.

And basketball doesn't? American football is broken down into 40something plays a game, that leaves alot of standing around. Basketball requires a better physical condition than that.

It also requires a ton of physical endurance and pain threshold. There's a reason the average NFL career lasts just 8 years.

80% of basketball is jogging.

BTW your logic on the NFL career is flawed as fuck. An NFL team has 53 players on the roster not to mention the practice squad, all the one day call ups and role players that only get a few years in the NFL because they aren't good enough to stay bring the average way down. Not saying football players don't have short careers but the stat you used is skewed.

noo i am noot retawded.

Hockey is the only real sport.

missing-teeth-3.jpg

this guy gets all the bitches.,

You are a complete idiot if you think American Football is a real sport. Those pussy players of yours have to wear padding so they don't get butthurt by a tackle. Go watch some Rugby, that's a real sport... League or Union. Shit mate, Australian Football kicks the shit out of the Americans version. Although hockey has padding, it's a much better sport to endure and out of the two sports it is the more legit one to wear protection.

And fuck you, I play basketball. Pretty good centre/forward too for a guy who is 120-130kg. I'm not converting to Imperial, because that's communist measurements.

You are a complete idiot if you think American Football is a real sport. Those pussy players of yours have to wear padding so they don't get butthurt by a tackle. Go watch some Rugby, that's a real sport... League or Union. Shit mate, Australian Football kicks the shit out of the Americans version. Although hockey has padding, it's a much better sport to endure and out of the two sports it is the more legit one to wear protection.

And fuck you, I play basketball. Pretty good centre/forward too for a guy who is 120-130kg. I'm not converting to Imperial, because that's communist measurements.

I would argue the pads are to protect the vital parts of the body. How would you like a 300lb lineman hit you unpadded? Not happening.

I gaurantee you that NBA players are in better condition then NFL players.

Aerobically speaking, yes.

On another front, I'm reminded of an article written a few years ago in which racecar drivers wanted to be considered as real athletes.

Well, maybe the person behind the wheel is athletic and maybe not, but the sport certainly doesn't require it. He can be an out of shape fat-ass with a fast car.

What's next....full contact chess?

Hard to imagine suggesting basketball is not a sport, yet you can watch ESPN, TSN, The Score, and several other sports channels and without looking too hard for too long, I'm sure you could watch poker 24/7.

Poker! A sport? Come on, if poker is considered worthy of a sports channel, how could you suggest that basketball isn't?

Doug, go watch some Rugby first before making this statement.

I am frightened simply by watching Rugby couldn't imagine actually playing it.

I like having a head.

Those guys are nuts.

Its not so much a sport as it is an all purpose ass kicking contest.

Do 300lbs men toss their opponents on their heads? Rugby players hit harder.

Women wear pads, not men. Thus proving the point that American Football is for *****es.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back