Which Sport is Best Out of the Big 4 (In N.America)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prax

I used to be a big deal
it isn't the biggest thing, but as a wrestling fan on the IWC you should be of the conviction that the biggest things aren't always the best things, no?

What's so great about Baseball? A bunch of steroid circus freaks running around in circles very slowly?

What's so great about football? The dog fights?

What's so great about basketball? The Harlem Globetrotters spectacle the NBA has turned into?

Hockey is the best sport, it's the most competitive, it's the most intense, it's the most interesting and it's the purest sport.

FACT.

it isn't the biggest thing, but as a wrestling fan on the IWC you should be of the conviction that the biggest things aren't always the best things, no?

What's so great about Baseball? A bunch of steroid circus freaks running around in circles very slowly?

What's so great about football? The dog fights?

What's so great about basketball? The Harlem Globetrotters spectacle the NBA has turned into?

Hockey is the best sport, it's the most competitive, it's the most intense, it's the most interesting and it's the purest sport.

FACT.

Well Praxy poo.. Don't get all high and mighty now..

I don't hardly ever watch the NBA unless the Bulls ar playing and that isn't that often. I watch college basketball and that is damn good stuff, I never miss a Duke Bluedevils game.

Football.. Watch it sometimes.. But I stick to college they playe the game the way it is suppose to be played. They are playing for something the NFL is full of a bunch of spoiled grown men.

Baseball... I watch it.. Steroid freaks? Name me one good player besides Palmerio who has been found of using steroids? I'm not a Bonds fan but he has never tested positive.. Hell nor has A-Rod, Sosa, Pujlos or any other big name at the moment. Don't even say Giambi either he was a big name four years ago.

Also, who says hockey is a clean sport when it comes to performance enhanceing drugs? Hell, there every where else and it wouldn't surpeise me if they weren't there too. Oh, but wait we will never know becasue no one really cares about hockey besides Canadians and a very select few of Americans.... FACT

I don't hardly ever watch the NBA unless the Bulls ar playing and that isn't that often. I watch college basketball and that is damn good stuff, I never miss a Duke Bluedevils game.

Football.. Watch it sometimes.. But I stick to college they playe the game the way it is suppose to be played. They are playing for something the NFL is full of a bunch of spoiled grown men.

Baseball... I watch it.. Steroid freaks? Name me one good player besides Palmerio who has been found of using steroids? I'm not a Bonds fan but he has never tested positive.. Hell nor has A-Rod, Sosa, Pujlos or any other big name at the moment. Don't even say Giambi either he was a big name four years ago.

Also, who says hockey is a clean sport when it comes to performance enhanceing drugs? Hell, there every where else and it wouldn't surpeise me if they weren't there too. Oh, but wait we will never know becasue no one really cares about hockey besides Canadians and a very select few of Americans.... FACT

The Russians care. Or they did in '72 .. and I know why more about hockey then I should. Fuck this city and their shitty leaves

Reactions: Lee

If you like College basketball and you think it's great and so competitive maybe you should try catching a university hockey game. In case you didn't know a large amount of future big stars in the NHL are currently in the US university system and it's a lot of fun to watch.

Same as the CHL (junior league in Canada), or the world under-20 tournament in soccer, so what I said works down to the younger levels of the sport. It's a shame they're not as exuberantly broadcasted as March madness or whatever, because the product is just as good, possibly better.

Sounds like you need a pro sport that's played properly at the highest level. In fact every level of hockey is played like it's supposed to be played.

And just for the record, if you're looking for pro football where the players are actually playing for something and the sport actually means something, look no further than the CFL :thumbsup:

You can't tell me that there's only one person in the entire MLB who's taken steroids, considering there's been congressional hearings on the matter.

The NHL has (falsely) been accused of non-sense like 1/3rd of the league is on steroids by Dick Pound yet no proof has been found of such and no consequences have been taken because it just isn't the case in the sport, and you can tell by the fact that three quarters of the locker room comes out of the season saying they were injured somehow for a large portion of the season, soreness, whatever. That's indicative to me that the sport is actually pure in terms of steroid use.

To my knowledge, there have been I think 2 players ACCUSED of steroid use. One used to be blind in one eye (which helps him justify it a lot more) and the other had a condition as a child where he didn't have any hair and was taking hair growth hormones (not a steroid but a product that could be used as a steroid masking agent... which would obviously arouse suspicion amongst some people). Neither failed an NHL drug test.

Fact is, considering how steroid-crazy the media is when it comes to baseball, you seriously believe only one major player takes steroids? Please.

Also, who says hockey is a clean sport when it comes to performance enhanceing drugs?

See above. I also didn't say it's completely clean but it really is a non issue. At it's worst, I would imagine illegal substance use wouldn't be more than 1 or 2 % in the league.

Hell, there every where else and it wouldn't surpeise me if they weren't there too. Oh, but wait we will never know becasue no one really cares about hockey besides Canadians and a very select few of Americans.... FACT[/QUOTE]

And that needs to change. Obviously most people don't know many facts about the sport because it's marginalized by the media, poorly marketed by the league and regional in it's nature. In other sports you see fans of every team in a lot of major cities. In hockey it isn't the case, for the above reasons. But once you start paying attention to it you realize how good it is. Most of our fans are avid fans, and there's a reason for that.

Hell, there every where else and it wouldn't surpeise me if they weren't there too. Oh, but wait we will never know becasue no one really cares about hockey besides Canadians and a very select few of Americans....

I don't really care for hockey all that much, but what I do know is that Nashville just had a huge rally where the whole city got together to raise money for season tickets to try and keep the Predators in Nashville. The predators were thinking about moving to Canada I believe, but Nashville stepped up and sold over 700 season tickets in one day. I believe hockey is pretty important in Nashville for that to happen

Hockey.. I'm telling you right now the reason hockey isn't at the forefront of the steroid contoversey is becasue no one cares about hockey. I'm not bashing the sport here, I'm just simply saying compared to football and baseball hockey is nothing. One it doesn't have as many fans as either football or baseball. Secondly in america unless you have a local nhl team it is damn near impossible to find a game on, unless you have nhl center ice. So in closing of course the two major sports will come under attack by the media because there popular and along with good comes the bad.

Also I never said one person just did steroids. I want more names, because the guys who have been caught have all be minor leaguers and the few major league guys who have been caught are nothing but bench players. So do I think 'roids are in baseball? Yes, but I think the number of players on them is a lot higher then actual amout on them.

College hockey, yeah I will watch that when something more than the frozen four is on. Once again if hockey was popular it would be on tv. I mean hell, I can find a CFL game easier than a hockey game and I'm pretty far from Canada and withing four hours of me I have Carolina Hurricanes and The Captials but yet there never on tv.. Go figure.. Well I know why and once again hockey isn't popular.

So Prax, my point is this hockey really isn't that popular in the states, the stanley cup games on tv did horrible in ratings getting something like an average of a .8, I mean ecw and tna draw better than that. So if hockey was this great sport why don't people watch it? If you have the reason the NHL needs to hire you then to get hockey popular becasue they are fighting an uphill battle against everyother sport here in the america.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back