• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Bashing TNA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hayles

Role Model
In order to not get the "Bush League" thread closed, I decided to make this thread. Well I'm not really bashing TNA, more brinigng to light the problems with the company. My post is going to sort of be a reply to the quote that will be posted below. However, the post doesnt exactly address what I said and I dont really want to go down a road of defending points that I never made in the first place. So here we go!

...but it's not failing. Just because it isn't WWE in 7 years doesn't mean it wasn't worth it. I don't see how an advertisement in the ring shows anything "weak". Every sports organization does it, so why can't TNA?

Mick Foley and Sting -- VIEWERS. Say you haven't watched wrestling in a decade and you're flipping the channels and you see Sting, Kurt Angle, Mick Foley, Kevin Nash.....you're going to keep it on because they are guys you know. And hopefully from that, you keep watching, which apparently is working because the viewership is going up. Same thing with MEM. If you notice, they're starting to pair up a veteran with a younger guy, possibly setting up matches at Bound for Glory (Jarrett/Young, Joe/Angle, Booker/AJ). And with the Angle vs Sting vs Foley, that's the same reason. AJ vs Daniels vs Samoa Joe wouldn't draw the same non-regular fans.

LAX -- Cryme Tyme and Eddie Guerrero? Lying, cheating and stealing are all face traits?

Lashley's surprise made people watch the next week.

Love can't wrestle but she can get heel heat, and still put on matches with what she does. The women actually have storylines as well in TNA, and not just have 4 on 4 tag team matches every week.

Is Kofi Kingston, hailing from Jamaica, now from the United States because he has that title? Or did Rey Mysterio become a Heavyweight because he won that title? It's the name of the belt, get over it. Booker created it for himself, like DiBiase and the Million Dollar title.

Lockdown - all the matches are in a cage, but each one usually has their own gimmick within that. Aren't all the matches inside a ring normally? Isn't UFC always fought in a cage? This last year's had the Xscape Match with 5 guys for the X, a Fatal 4-way knockout "queen of the cage" match, three way tornado tag match, "chamber of blood", a street fight that left the cage, Lethal Lockdown, and then the only straight up "cage" match for the tna title. They're taking something that's seen as a specialty match and adding to it, not just having 8 cage matches. It's also been one of their most popular ppvs, and i hope you've seen one before assuming it'll be awful because everything is in a cage.

Authority - Traci Brooks runs the Knockouts, Cornette seems to be the master of ceremonies, Jarrett owns the company, Foley is the executive shareholder. But this is a dumb point and I don't think having more non-wrestling personalities on a show is going to sink it haha

- I never said TNA was failing, or at least I dont think I did. The point I was making is that TNA is a complete mindfuck (excuse my language) when it comes to storylines and booking. I also never stated that they were supposed to be WWE in seven years. I stated that for what resources they have at their disposle, they should be doing better than what they doing now. Also, I actually stated that advertising was a great idea for TNA as the money could be used to up their production values, sign talent from other promotions, hire writers, and so on. My only problem with what TNA did was hyping Stacker2 like you would a wrestler. They didnt reveal what was coming, they only had a countdown to "something big." WWE once had a countdown, and it brought us Chris Jericho. TNA had a countdown and it brought us a huge advert in the middle of the ring. See how that could be a let down? Why did I just compare WWE's countdown to TNA's? The answer is because TNA wont stop mentioning WWE. They even have contests for their fans to bring TNA support signs to WWE events, on their website. If they want to keep involving WWE then I'll compare them to WWE.

- I understand that Mic Foley, Sting, Kurt Angle, Jarrett, and so on get ratings. However, whats the difference between ratings in the first half of the show and the second? Ratings are ratings, and my theory is that if you build up your younger talent, you'll have high ratings through out the show. Tell me, can you honestly say that Samoa Joe's rivalry with Kurt Angle has helped him in anyway, shape, or form? Think about what Joe was before Angle came to TNA and what Joe is now, better or worse? I dont care if people like Kurt Angle, Sting, Foley, Jarrett, and the rest of the over 40's club want to wrestle. However, they have taken a dominant role on the show. This has lead to the younger talent not getting much air time or notice. Once the old timers leave, TNA is going to look like an indy company because their younger talent hasnt had the show built around them or ever really made it out of the mid card - upper mid cards on a consistant basis. When they have made it to the main event, they have lost, looked like a joke, and gone back down.

- The difference between Eddie and Cryme Tyme is that the prime basis of their character wasnt formed by being anti white and anti- American. LAX dislikes white people, they dislike the prejudice and discrimination they face in America. Hell they even tried to burn the American flag. Now suddenly, a group built on the same basic ideas of a Mohammad Hassan or Iron Shiek is a face team. Makes little sense to me, and besides that, the team has been beyond generic since turning face.

- As for Love... Well you compared the Knockouts to the WWE Divas, not me. Many of the WWE Divas can get heat, and actually this past year, a lot of them can wrestle just as good or better than Love. Yes the Knockouts division is more about wrestling that the stupidness WWE has in their womans divisions( Which is stupid on WWE's part to have 2 divisions), but the Knockouts division has really had no clear direction since Christy Hemme got injured. Even then, Hemme was just filling the underdog role left by Gail Kim's exit. I wouldnt have used the knockouts division as a source of strength for
TNA.

-The US title, I believe has the requirement that it can only be defended in the US, unlike the other belts that can be defended anywhere. I believe Rey Mysterio was the World Champion, not the heavyweight champion. You can compare the legends title to the Million Dollar title, but I dont believe the Millioon Dollar title was used as the equal to a mid card singles belt. Dont hold me to this, my memory is really bad.

-Yes UFC is always in a cage and wrestling is always in a ring, but that is the dynamic of their sport. In wrestling, a cage match is just a gimmick match. Only now, you have the same gimmick match only with a different stipulation. In one match you have to escape the cage, in the next you have to get into the cage, in the next weapons hang from the cage. After the first hour of seeing someone get thrown into a cage, it become redundant. The logic you have just used here is that in football, the main objective is to score points.

-Its not a dumb point. You have Cornette who is supposed to be the GM of the show. Then you have Traci Brooks who is to run Knockouts. Then you have Jeff Jarrett who is the founder and part owner. Then we have Foley who is now part owner. Its a complete clusterfuck. Let me get this straight, Traci has power over the knockouts. However, Cornette could over rule Traci if he wanted to. Jarrett though, being founder of TNA could over rule Cornette. However, Mick Foley being part owner, on what is assumed to be equal or less ownership to Jarrett, can somehow over rule Jarrett. How does this make any sense and why is it so confusing? Is all this really needed to run a 40 some odd person roster with one globally run show? WWE is 10x the size of TNA and even it doesnt have this much of a power struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back