• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balor Club

RCProAm29

Dark Match Jobber
I think before jumping right to main roster, we may need to see the proposed Balor Club in NXT for at least 1 set of tapings. I think a cool way for them to be introduced is at TakeOver: Dallas. Finn beats Joe after a hard fought match, and they go for the traditional handshake at the end. Joe starts attacking Finn, but Finn fights back and has Joe down when a heel tag team runs down to join in on beating up the champs. Could be Vaudvillains, BAMF who no one likes or even The Revival depending on their outcome earlier in the evening. Lights go out, monitor goes black...every few seconds the screen flashes white before going back to black. This continues a few times until the screen says Balor Club and Anderson and Gallows are standing at either side of the apron and Finn is now up on his feet as all 3 take it to Joe and the others. This would give a short term feud for Anderson/Gallows and drag out Joe feud with Finn for one more run before they all move onto different things. What do you guys think?

Nah, it would devalue their main roster potential, and for Finn, it removes a logical main roster transition (drop belt to Joe this week, and within the next few weeks, Balor Club shows up on RAW in a Main event level feud, Finn instantly can run in the ME)

Joe Vs. Balor is going on, Joe hits big move but Finn gets referee in between and saves himself from some damage. While Finn is out, he throws his hand up as a signal. Lights go out, Balor Club is on the ramp. They run in, hit their moves but the referee is back up and sees it. Finn is DQed. Seeing this he is irate and beats the living hell out of Joe till Zayn and Nakamura run to calm him down but they are also the victims of his attack. A fatal four way is set up for the next NXT Takeover where Joe finally wins.

The Raw after his beatdown on Joe, Zayn & Nakamura the Balor Club debut and take out AJ Styles. Sami Zayn also comes to his aid. The three on two beat downs continue until Cesaro makes his return which is sabotaged by the Club. Main roster feud of Balor Club Vs. Styles, Zayn & Cesaro.

They're never going to call this group Balor Club. It was called Balor Club on his t-shirts as a nod to Bullet Club, nothing more.

Calling it Balor Club would be like calling nWo Hogan's Heroes or DX D-Generation Michaels or The Nexus called Barrett and the Boys. It would undermine the other members of the group and make it seem like they're only accessories to the titular member.

I know that the OP isn't suggesting this is the name, but I felt like repeating this again, as every time Bullet Club in WWE comes up I think people actually seriously want or think it should be called Balor Club. End rant.

I agree with the OP, having a Balor/Anderson/Gallows and whoever else group have a brief NXT run would be good. Debuting on the main roster might lead to a lot of "who?' but that's going to be with the casuals. The smart fans, who generally lead the chants, will know who they are and go nuts.

Truthfully, they don't need the NXT run. The main roster is thin, someone gets a call up the Raw after Mania, and Gallows has worked in WWE before. The only one who hasn't is Anderson but he has wrestled state side and is American, so he shouldn't need a run in NXT to adapt, say like non-Bullet Club member Nakamura.

It's a good idea to give them an NXT run, but it seems so unnecessary. A lack of stars on the Raw and Smackdown roster suggests to me that maybe it's time for another big debut. I personally think AJ Styles' run has been solid so far, so why not hit the ground running with these guys?

The biggest determining factor about whether whatever WWE christens their version of the Bullet Club (almost certainly the Balor Club - they haven't put this much effort into that branding for nothing) starts in the main roster versus in NXT is, in my opinion, how much the WWE trusts Karl Anderson to go straight to the main roster. The impact the hypothetical Bullet Club will have on the main roster will most likely be tied into getting Finn over as a main roster superstar, so it's not like Anderson has to shine right out of the gate, and he certainly can work well - but it's been proven time and time again that guys without prior TV experience in the US have a tendency to struggle on the main roster. Still, my guess is they look at what they have in him and feel he's probably ready to go on the main roster (obviously Gallows and Balor both are).

The introduction of the Bullet Club in the WWE will be a huge, huge thing, and if it's not a strict necessity to introduce them in NXT first (contrast with Nakamura, who almost certainly needs some time working US-style TV to translate well in WWE), they should make it a main roster thing. My guess - win, lose, or draw for Finn at Takeover, I wouldn't expect to see anything. I presume AJ will go over Jericho at Mania, and that has to end their feud, more than likely. AJ will be stuck between a big win but not seen as a major contender, which leaves him in a booking place where a big, non title angle is just the thing. On the Raw after WrestleMania, Finn can debut to attack AJ (recall, he's been working a heel style at essentially every NXT house show the last few months) with the Bullet Club to give the main roster a huge angle and start to phase Finn out of NXT, where, frankly, he's accomplished just about all there is to.

Long story short - I wouldn't start this in NXT unless I absolutely had to. BC in WWE is going to be huge, and bringing eyes to the main roster is critical at this point, whereas NXT is doing fantastically and would continue to do so with or without the Bullet Club angle.

I would have Joe defeat Balor at Takeover.

Then have Shane McMahon vs. The Undertaker Main Event WrestleMania. The HHH vs. Reigns match can go on right before. Shane can get some offense in but Taker basically pummels and tortures him the whole match. When Taker is about to finish him off with Vince screaming on in excitement the lights go out! Bullet Club Music hits and out comes Balor, Styles, Anderson, & Gallows. They take out Taker allowing Shane to get the win and take control of Monday Night Raw!!! Great ending to what would've been a very underwhelming WrestleMania.

They're never going to call this group Balor Club. It was called Balor Club on his t-shirts as a nod to Bullet Club, nothing more.

Calling it Balor Club would be like calling nWo Hogan's Heroes or DX D-Generation Michaels or The Nexus called Barrett and the Boys. It would undermine the other members of the group and make it seem like they're only accessories to the titular member.

I know that the OP isn't suggesting this is the name, but I felt like repeating this again, as every time Bullet Club in WWE comes up I think people actually seriously want or think it should be called Balor Club. End rant.

I agree with the OP, having a Balor/Anderson/Gallows and whoever else group have a brief NXT run would be good. Debuting on the main roster might lead to a lot of "who?' but that's going to be with the casuals. The smart fans, who generally lead the chants, will know who they are and go nuts.

Truthfully, they don't need the NXT run. The main roster is thin, someone gets a call up the Raw after Mania, and Gallows has worked in WWE before. The only one who hasn't is Anderson but he has wrestled state side and is American, so he shouldn't need a run in NXT to adapt, say like non-Bullet Club member Nakamura.

It's a good idea to give them an NXT run, but it seems so unnecessary. A lack of stars on the Raw and Smackdown roster suggests to me that maybe it's time for another big debut. I personally think AJ Styles' run has been solid so far, so why not hit the ground running with these guys?

I came into this thread with the thought of mentioning how much I don’t like the name Balor Club. I get to Vanilla Midget’s post, and he took the words right out of my keyboard. If the Four Horsemen went by the name, “The Nature Boys”, or if the New World Order went by the name, “Immortal”, or if D-Generation X went by the name, “The Heart Break Kids”, or if Evolution went by the name, “The Cerebral Assassins”, or if the Main Event Mafia went by the name, “The Angle Alliance”, I probably wouldn’t be as much of fan as I am today. Come to think of it, TNA isn’t really good at naming Stables are they??

If WWE and NXT are set to keep Finn Balor, Karl Anderson, and Doc Gallows together, either go with Bullet Club or go with something else altogether. Although it would be nice to see A.J. Styles join them, having 3 of the 4 leaders of the stable together at one time, and then expand with new members.

WWE is paying a shitload of money to Styles, Gallows and Anderson. No way in hell they go to NXT. Granted, Nakamura HAS to. RoH does TV differently than WWE does. I can see Balor, Gallows, Anderson and Styles being formed as the "Bullet Boys". Since NJPW own the term "Bullet Club", "Bullet Boys" would work.

I posted this in the Balor vs. Joe match thread but it applies here as well.

I want to see Balor retain w/ the help of Gallows and Anderson tonight, then they all show up on RAW on Monday. On RAW, have Balor forfeit the NXT championship belt and immediately set his sights on Reigns. Have a tournament to crown a new NXT champion.

I don't like when guys "do the honors" in NXT then get called up to WWE. If you LOST, you shouldn't be rewarded with a promotion. Have Balor come in strong as the reigning NXT Champion. Samoa Joe doesn't need that belt but you can still have him win the title in the tournament if you want. His loss to Balor won't hurt him as it would have been due to outside interference.

Whatever they decide to call them, I think this is one instance where WWE can risk bringing the group to the main roster rather than have them go through NXT.

Here's the thing: while Vince McMahon may like to operate as if the WWE the only significant wrestling company in existence, wrestling fans don't share that little fantasy bubble of his. Thanks to YouTube, a lot of fans are vastly more familiar with various wrestlers in foreign companies than they were or could have been a decade or so ago. A lot of people already know how good Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows are and have been as a team in New Japan; they've been THE force in tag team wrestling in New Japan since late 2013 and have forged a reputation as one of the genuinely top tag teams in wrestling. Given that WWE is almost certainly going to make use of them for the same role and that both men are American, I don't see any real need for them to spin their wheels in NXT, especially when you consider that WWE has paid significant money to lure them away from New Japan where they were making a very good living.

As for Finn Balor, he's long since proven himself in NXT over the past 2.5 years. If he retains tonight, then he'll most likely wind up being the longest reigning NXT Champion, he's been viewed by many as the "face" of NXT since before last summer and there's nothing left to prove.

As far as what to name them, I dunno. Maybe something like the Hit Squad or something along those lines.

As long as they don't use a goofy name, it doesn't matter what they call them.

They should NOT go near NXT though. It'll have a much bigger impact if they debut on the main roster.

I think it's going to be at Payback during the AJ Styles/Roman Reigns title match. I think it'll start with Gallows and Anderson taking out Styles and eventually lead to Balor coming in.

They should NOT go near NXT though. It'll have a much bigger impact if they debut on the main roster.

I think it's going to be at Payback during the AJ Styles/Roman Reigns title match. I think it'll start with Gallows and Anderson taking out Styles and eventually lead to Balor coming in.

I agree with the notion that they will debut at Payback. And I'm hoping to hell that Balor and Nakamura are part of it, though that's doubtful.

Could be to get back at former member Styles. The Bullet Club could end up being the new Shield. And the best part of that is it could cause a Shield reunion faster than we hoped would happen. After the Wyatt's take care of the LON, I can see them in a feud with the new group, that will go past Summerslam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back