Backstage incident that shocked you all over.

hellod245

Pre-Show Stalwart
We know that internet wrestling community like to talk about the backstage incidents that happened in wrestling business. we are always more interesting to know the stories that goes backstage than in the ring. So in this thread I will ask your opinion about the most shocking or impactful backstage incident that you know in WWE. I know most of us will talk about Montreal screwjob , we already know about it so I am going to EXCLUDE this option. So ther than Monreal incident you can say whatever you want

Have a great list of hundereds of incident that happend in wwe/wwf. From Booker/Batista backstage fight, Cena/Orton lobbying to get kennedy fired from the company, Austing refusing to job to jeff jarret back in late 90's that almost screwed JJ's career in wwf, Undertaker threatning HBK to do the right thing(backstage at WM 14 where once he refused to job to Austin) or Big show/Great Khali backstage fight and many more. Which incident is the one that shocked you most and you think stands out than other incidents.

For me I would when I heard Austin walked out on a Raw live show. At first I thought it is just a storyline but when I found out that he really walked out I was shocked. Austin was always known as fan favorite guy. I have never heard a incident when austin misbehaved to a fan or something. him walking out of a live Raw show in between and refusing to come back was absolute shock to the whole wrestling world. Well thank God Vince Mcmahon did not hold a grudge against him and allowed him to come back in WWE to have his final match at Wrestlemania 19 and ultimately inducted him in HOF himself and declaed in his speech declared him The Greatest WWE Superstar Of All Time(which he is). Fan forgave him too and accepted him. I bet if it is someone else than Austin his career would be over after that and he would be never inducted in HOF.

So what are you opinions on the backstage incidents that has happened in wwe and which incident shook the hell out of you.

idk if you can count this so ill put two just in case but for me the most ultimate shocker was the whole chris benoit deal when he died, i remember turning on raw like an hour late cause if i recall it started an hour early that night cause of vince "dying" and than it was just dean malenko vs benoit mid match i was confused and in denial thinking no way benoit is dead it must be his birthday or something. But he was....than we all find out HOW and WHY he died and then WWE trying to completely erase him from the books and how shocked and sad the wrestling word was hurt and confused. idk if you can count that or not so if not than probably bryan danielson getting fired for seemingly no reason at first than we find out the reason and its choking again dealing with benoit (coincidence) but i dont have much to say with the danielson thing that everybody hasnt already said so lets just allow my above reason to count :lol:

idk if you can count this so ill put two just in case but for me the most ultimate shocker was the whole chris benoit deal when he died, i remember turning on raw like an hour late cause if i recall it started an hour early that night cause of vince "dying" and than it was just dean malenko vs benoit mid match i was confused and in denial thinking no way benoit is dead it must be his birthday or something. But he was....than we all find out HOW and WHY he died and then WWE trying to completely erase him from the books and how shocked and sad the wrestling word was hurt and confused. idk if you can count that or not so if not than probably bryan danielson getting fired for seemingly no reason at first than we find out the reason and its choking again dealing with benoit (coincidence) but i dont have much to say with the danielson thing that everybody hasnt already said so lets just allow my above reason to count :lol:

Ya Chris Benoit thing was tragic but It will not count cause it has nothing to do with the backstage incident. Had he died after getting fired from wwe or for the reason that he was frustrating with the company's bolling or something, that can be counted but now I dont think so. Incident has to happen at the backstage of the arena to count it as a legitimate thread reply.

I can count daniel bryan thing cause it has something to do with backstage politics(as i heard that Cena was the one who favoured in his release cause Bryan spat on him without talking to him about that beforehand.

Good thread idea.... But quite frankly... I think this may belong more in The Old School. I'm just sayin....

Anyway, as for my pick? I'd have to go with the backstage alleged "confrontation" between Savage and Hogan at Wrestlemania IX, in which, allegedly, Savage gave Hogan a black eye. It's all speculative, so I'm not sure we can count it, but I do actually buy it happened. The first reason it was shocking was because, well, it was Hulk Hogan. I mean, even in his lesser state, I didn't think anyone had the balls to go and attack Hogan, because of his backstage clout. Yes, he and Vince were pretty much done, but it was a opretty big risk by Savage, and there's no guarantee it would have worked him.

The second reason was because it was years after the fact. Basically, Savage accused Hogan of sleeping with Liz. He had about fve or susch years to stew over it, and now he does it? I get that he may have been fired, but it's still your wife. I would have taken a swing right when I heard the news frankly. so yeah, Hogan/Savage was a shocker, not because there wasn't tension, but in the manner in which it happened

Not so much shocking, but the Booker T/Batista scuffle at the Summerslam commercial shoot a few years back was pretty funny. Not only did it portray Batista as a bully, it showed that Booker T could hold his own. It also shows that Batista's "potential Strikeforce career" will be nothing more than a HUGE laugh for any viewer. Batista will be screwed if he faces Lashley right off the bat. Never the less, that incident is always brought up in conversations with my friends on his MMA career. Batista is destined for the Jose Conseco MMA career.

I think another one I could pick would have to be Randy Orton taking a dump in the diva's purse. I met Randy about a year ago, and he didn't seem to be the kind of person that would do so. However, he now has a family AND is one of the faces of WWE. But, when I first read it, I laughed hysterically and still use it as random wrestling forum jokes every once and a while.

Lastly, though I never read much about it, AND, it's really just heavily rumored. But the whole "Jimmy Snuka murdering a lady and Vince covering it all up" shocked the hell out of me.

It didnt happen backstage at an event but Yoshi Tatsu (SP) beat up Sheamus for disrespecting his property when they were roommates almost bring Sheamus to tears

I'm going to choose one that isn't that big of a deal, but it still shocked the hell out of me - when Joey Styles knocked out JBL.

JBL was apparentally drunk and being a jerk to everybody backstage and Joey got fed up and with one punch knocked him out. It was hilarious because it was said that JBL was really only in the main event scene because Vince thought he was really one of the only guys in the company that was a legit tough guy. And then this happened. It was unbelievabley funny.

So yeah this didn't have a major impact on anything... but it not not only shocked me, it also amused the hell out of me.

thank god you excluded the montreal thing.

im going to have to say Vince allowing his daughter to marry one of his employees. only because vince knows what the wrestling biz is like, hell, there's been reports of him trying to cheat on his wife from MANY past employees, and yet he still allowed the marriage to happen. oh, and an honorable mention to Undertaker splitting up with his wife and marrying Michelle McCool. that came outta left field!

For me it'd have to be back in 97 when, on the same night, in WWF you had Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels getting into it backstage while, in WCW, you had Kevin Nash and Roddy Piper having a go at the same time.

Hearing how Hart yanked out HBK's hair, both being sent home, HBK saying he'd never work with any Hart's again and wanting a contract release, what a crazy day that was!

I think I was real interested in the Edge-Lita-Matt Hardy love triangle that they ended up making into a storyline which sky rocketed Edge's persona and left Matt Hardy in mid-card limbo. I don't know if this counts so I'll name another one. Bret Hart deciding to come back was another thing that shocked me because no one figured he'd ever come back. (this doesn't have to do with the screw job does it ?)

I think I was real interested in the Edge-Lita-Matt Hardy love triangle that they ended up making into a storyline which sky rocketed Edge's persona and left Matt Hardy in mid-card limbo. I don't know if this counts so I'll name another one. Bret Hart deciding to come back was another thing that shocked me because no one figured he'd ever come back. (this doesn't have to do with the screw job does it ?)

Bret coming back is a totally different story and does not have to relate to screwjob at least I would not. Breat has almost made peace with wwe when he got inducted in Hall Of Fame. That day i knew he may come back at some point in his life to make atleast one appearance. Edge Lita and Hardy story is legit too because it was a backstage incident that shook the whole wrestling world. I know Vince saw money in Edge so he pushed him and kept Hardy at mid card but thats for another thread.

hmm.. matt/Lita/Edge was the real deal, brought into the story, so it kinda ruined it for me.. im going to say Sable hooking up with Brock. when i first herd it i couldnt believe it.

The Jericho/Goldberg fight was a pretty big moment... Goldberg walked into WWE and acted like he owned the place... That Jericho beat the crap out of him was I think the main reason he didn't stick around long... Once that aura was gone, he had little to offer as "just one of the boys"...equally shocking was Dynamite getting all his teeth knocked out by Jacques Rougeau...

Most shocking to me was Shawn Michaels and his poor behaviour throughout the 1990's... particularly when he repeatedly refused to drop belts to anyone... he got stripped or forfeited all his IC titles AND the World title... That guys like Taker allowed that shocks me to this day...

well the funniest one i ever read was Randy Orton taking a shit in one of the diva's purses. Gross, yes. But picturing it is f'n hilarious.

The most important backstage incident to me, was Undertaker basically telling HBK 'YOU WILL LOSE TO STEVE AUSTIN.'

Had that not happened, maybe Austin doesn't blow up like he did.

One of my favorites was the backstage fight between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart from June 1997. Bret was pissed over the "Sunny Days" comment that Michaels made on the May 19th RAW.

If you watch a segment on youtube or daily motion with Michaels, Austin, and JR in the ring with HBK wearing a bandana and they end up scuffling, Shawn is really fucked up and that was the same episode he made the comment but later in the night. Bret didn't speak to Shawn for 3 weeks.

He was originally going to go over Michaels at that KOTR with the Hart Foundation members all handcuffed to the ring posts with the stipulation if Bret lost he couldn't wrestle in the USA again, but called it off last minute cus he was really pissed and didn't know what to do about Michaels. The day after the KOTR he went up to Shawn in the bathroom, and HBK said "fuck you, you haven't talked to me for 3 weeks and now you've decided you want to talk, well I don't want to talk to you." HBK took off, Bret eventually found him in the locker room and they had their bitch fight with hair pulling and head locks. Pat and King yelled for the guys to step in and break it up but no one did cus the locker room disliked Michaels during that time. Shawn ended up storming out yelling he quit, and slamming doors. Apparently Vince looked like a "jilted lover who's boy toy left him" after the altercation.

For the record, the Undertaker/Michaels confrontation never happened. Michaels confirmed it was a rumor.

I actually have in mind 2 recent moments, that I din't knew about until I joined this site.

The first one involving Rey Mysterio. last year I think or 2 years ago maybe, anyway it was when he was feuding Dolph Ziggler for the IC championship. of all the matches they had, I think that Ziggler didn't won ANY. when I watched those match I thought "that's weird. that he didn't won any match". but then reading here in WZ that Rey dindn't want to gave up the title to Ziggler. I never liked Rey, but I didn't think that he was such an asshole that was so selfish...

the other one involves CM Punk and Taker. from what I heard, and I think that this one is just a rumour, when CM was WHC after he defeated Jeff, he said something about Taker (don't remember what was it, but I think he acted like a disrespectful "punk" and that why he end up feuding with Taker and eventually losing the title to him. it shocked me cause, well IMO losing the belt for THAT is kinda lame, oh wel....

well the funniest one i ever read was Randy Orton taking a shit in one of the diva's purses. Gross, yes. But picturing it is f'n hilarious.
omg i had never heard of this. this sound hilarious.

I have to agree that Michaels-Hart was a great one. It is very interesting considering these two men

I will say "The Plane Trip From Hell" as it was known. In 2002 The WWE was on a flight back from the UK I believe, A lot of the wrestlers had Way to much to drink.

Curt Henning got into a fight with Brock Lesnar. This ended up getting Curt fired from the WWE.

Michale Hayes got a little tipsy, started a lot of shit and passed out, when he awoke he found out JBL had cut off his mullet, needless to say a fight broke out between the two.

Ric Flair took off all his clothes put on his robe, then strutted up and down the isle flashing people.

I believe Scott Hall just got drunk, but that was enough to get him fired.

Goldust got on the PA system and started singing love songs to Marlena and continued after she asked him to stop.

This flight put a end to liquor being consumed on WWE flights and caused a few wrestlers to be let go.

I am suprised that no-one has mentioned this one yet.......

Randy Savage sleeping with Stephanie McMahon

No-one knows if this actually happened or not, seeing as Steph would have legally been underage at the time it happened. But, this is apparantly the only reason the Macho Man isn't in the Hall of Fame. There must be some truth in there somewhere

I think one of the more intresting backstage incedent is when Rene Dupree use Bob Holly's rent a car and got a speeding ticket and didn't tell BobHolly about it so Bob when summond to court for the screw up. So in return to feeling bad about the situation Rene Dupree let Bob beat the crap out of him in there match and Rene got messed up BIG TIME!!!!

What about michael hayes calling mark henry a n*gger? The situation was that Hayes was talking with MVP, joking around because they are close backstage. MVP was discussing how cool Hayes was in his day and jokingly said, "You're more of a n*gger than I am." Later in the day Hayes was talking with Mark Henry and was trying to get him to open up his character and be more out going. Like African American's used to be portrayed and stated to Henry, "I am more of a n*gger than you are." There were witnesses to the conversation. Later in the evening, Hayes gave Henry a playfu head butt (this was a Freebirds trademark to show that they liked you, dating back nearly 30-years) and Henry told him never to do that again- It was after all of that when Henry went to Vince McMahon about the situation. Some with in the company feel that Mark Henry made too big a dea about it, and many friends and supporters of Hayes have heat with Henry. Many people thought Hayes was untouchable because he's a good creative writer, but Vince suspended Hayes himself

Mark Henry in real life is one of the most soft-spoken, real nice guys ever. that was shown with that fan saying Henry beat him and everyone had Mark's back saying it's not in him to do something like that..

but i did remember one other! the Car incident with hurricane helms, Y2J, and some chick getting punched in the head or something? i know that He ended up leaving the company shortly after, and Jericho Jobbed for a while after that.

Surprised no one has mentioned anything about the Kliq at all.. and the whole thing that went down just before Hall/Nash left.

Is this WWE-exclusive? I'd like to talk about other promotions here as well, like TNA and WCW if we can?

For WWE, the most shocking to me was Michael Hayes calling Mark Henry the N word. That sent shockwaves through the industry as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Orton taking a shit in Sable's gym bag was pretty outrageous. The worst she did was call him a "dirtbag" for it, too?

Outside of that, and venturing into perhaps rival territory here, I'd say the whole Jeff Jarrett/Kurt Angle issue was pretty big, especially when the news broke that Angle asked for his release because of it.

The Bubba/Kong incident was pretty huge – cost both of them their jobs, essentially.

For me there where series of shocks that never stops in one storyline.

The shock began when saw that WWE are making an Edge-Lita love storyline
The second one, when I found the relationship was in real life and then wwe decided to make it a story line
The third one, When I found that matt hardy agreed to do the storyline with them
and Finally, When I found out that Edge and Lita felt ashamed of that Live sex thing and mainly broke up in real life because of it (mensioned there where other problems but I don't buy it). I don't know why would they agree to do it there was a slight chance of being ashamed, i don't think WWE forced them to do so.

I would have to say the one i found the most amuzing and entertaining was when Randy Orton caused Thounsands of dollars of damage to a hotel room. I remember seeing all the parody videos to that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back