• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Awesome parent conversations

See this is why I'd never become a teacher. I couldn't cope with all the bitching from parents.

From what I can tell, Sly is a good but an underappreciated coach. He seems fair to me. If the kid misses practise for a lame reason, then he shouldn't be in the starting line up. My school physical education system works in a fucked up way. The same people go to practice every week, but yet the people that barely show up are the ones to get to play the whole game. I'm totally against that.

And quite frankly, the parents shouldn't be upset with you. You are given the role to coach these kids to the best of your ability. If the team does shit, the coach usually gets blamed. Positive re-enforcement sometimes work, but being a little tough on them is the way to go. Praise them when they do good, but you should always tell them where they can improve.

And Sly, no matter how much the parents annoy you just don't lose your cool. The blame will instantly be put on you and you don't want that dude.

Not bad coming from a student, ey?

that is so unbelievably true. i umpire baseball over the summer, and usually its the parents with the worst kids that complain the most. face it: your kid sucks, the size of my strike zone will not change the fact that they dont have the strength to swing a bat. if i didnt get paid $30 a game it wouldnt be worth it

I coach for free and I get yelled at on an every day basis.

Why? You already have a principal.
The principal runs the school, the superintendent runs the school district.

So, for example, we have three schools in our school district, an elementary, a middle and a high school. Elementary has a principal, middle school has one and so does the high school. They all report to the superintendent.

The Superintendent is usually the one that deals with finances, governing the district, holding the school board meetings, etc. The principals deal more with students and discipline issues.

Think of it like this. A principal is a mod, a superintendent is the admin.

Good lord I'm using WZ to explain the real world. Can someone come shoot me?

This is why I loved playing on a private select team instead of public schools. For some reason, it just seems the kids and parents of high school teams feel that they are entitled to playing time when they are on the team, and they'll be damned if they don't.

On the private teams, everyone is paying to play because they want to. We had old school hard ass coaches, my older brother and his friend were two of the coaches so they knew us outside of the gym and really knew how to lay into us.

That's the way i've always played, you miss practice, you don't play, really pretty simple mentality that is. There was no exception to the rule if you din't have a legit reason why you missed practice (sick and missing school on the same day was a legit reason). I swear Sly, I don't know how you do it, because if it was me, I would have been a major dick.

I swear Sly, I don't know how you do it, because if it was me, I would have been a major dick.
You just always keep in mind that the nicer you are at the beginning, the less you'll have to deal with it later.

And least that's my game plan. And if a parent becomes unruly, I hang up on them...which I've done. Or you just walk away. You let them know they can't handle a mature conversation (which pisses them off too, to be 40 years old and being told by a 24 year old they aren't mature), and then you remove yourself from the conversation.

The thing I like best is that these people think that because I'm younger, they're going to be able to one up me. They have NO idea who they are messing with. For all the debating "respect" people seem to give me around here, I'm THREE times better in real life conversation. Because I have a unique ability to remember EVERYTHING in a conversation, and I'm always certain to not trip myself up, and usually can catch a parent tripping themselves up.

hanging up in someones face has to be up in the top 5 more hilarious things you can do to someone. absolutely garunteed to elicit reaction

this one mother told me I was an awful coach for benching her son. We were losing, and being left handed you can only play certain positions on the field, so I took him out and put the other left handed kid at first. She was flipping. She made herself look like an ass.. It was pretty funny for like a minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back