Austin Region, Tokyo Subregion,First Round:(9)Verne Gagne vs.(24)Abdullah the Butcher

Who Wins This Match?

• Verne Gagne

• Abdullah the Butcher

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Tokyo Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Budokan Hall in Tokyo, Japan.

250px-Nippon_Budokan_2010.jpg

vern1.jpg

#9. Verne Gagne

Vs.

1a9beca0d0c8e330432ad7df3944810d.jpg

#24. Abdullah the Butcher

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Gagne wins the match, Abby wins the war when he gives Verne Hep C.

I will be voting for the Madman From the Sudan solely because I ate at his restaurant once and it was incredibly good.

Verne Gagne is one of the old time guys that is vastly underrated. I'm not going to pretend to be an authority on Abdullah the Butcher, but the real all time greats don't need forks to draw.

Abdullah made a career of making his opponents into his bitches, and now he's going up against a guy who was able to make a young Iron Sheik his bitch.

Abdullah gets a tough wake up call in this one when Verne finesses him in fifty different ways until he eventually begs Verne to just pin him.

Vote Verne.

Verne's gets a lot of flak because he owned the AWA and put the belt on himself. He was a 10 time world champion and held his belt for a combined 4,677 days. One of the longest reigning champions in history. What his detractors don't realize is that in order form him to have placed the belt on himself as often as he did, he had to have been the best option from a business standpoint. And he was. Verne remained a popular star in the Northwest for 30 years. His success and popularity was perhaps a foreshadow from what would have happened if he had won the NWA world title in the mid-50's; a position he was glanced over due to politics.

Abby was a hardcore icon and a great journeyman. But he was never on the level of popularity of a Verne Gagne.

Simple decision. Verne wins and hopefully goes deep this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back