Austin Region, Minn. Subregion, First Round: (13) Jushin Liger vs. (20) Jeff Hardy

Who Wins This Match?

• Jushin Thunder Liger

• Jeff Hardy

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

TargetCenter2015_640.png

jushinliger_fp.png

#13. Jushin Thunder Liger

Vs.

jeff-hardy.jpg

#20. Jeff Hardy

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Both in their prime would make for a high flying classic for sure. I'll go ahead and give the edge to Jeff Hardy with a swanton bomb from the top rope, outside on the announcers table for the count out victory.

This one may be too close for me to call. Jeff Hardy's been a star everywhere he's gone but, truth be told, so has Liger. When it's all said & done, Jeff Hardy will probably be best remembered for teaming with his brother Matt while Liger may well be the one and true King of the Cruiserweights with Ultimo Dragon as his only real rival to that particular title.

Liger will almost certainly have someone playing the "he's a god in Japan" card as part of their argument, which isn't to say that it's not true, but Japan isn't the end all be all of pro wrestling. Still, I'm leaning more towards Liger at the moment but I could be swayed to go either way.

Jushin Liger is a sureshot legend. Jeff Hardy? Nopes.

I like them both in the ring. Both have got the skills in the ring. Jeff Hardy has been the better Hardy for me until Broken Matt Hardy happened and he took a backseat.

I would love to see this match and I think that Jushin Liger wins in a competitive match-up.

This could be car crash good or technically sound. The potential is there for either. When all is said and done these two men will have very different legacies, but ones worth remembering no doubt. Jushin Thunder Liger though just has that edge for me. He's been doing this longer, at a better level and delivering the goods even now when he's in his 50's. He's wrestled everywhere from Korakuen Hall to the Barclay's Centre to Blackpool Pier and every time he's given 100% and put on something memorable. He's a pioneer and important to the history of modern wrestling. Plus y'know he's good. Like really, really good.

What a match this would be! Definitely one of the top matches in round 1, and probably the whole tournament.

As awesome as Liger is, for what The Hardyz meant to me growing up when I first became a huge wrestling fan, and the fact he was in many of my favourite matches, I have to vote Jeff Hardy- a man who is a multi time world champion.

Both of these men made careers diving off high shit, but I think Liger did it a little better. He certainly has the longevity factor. Liger was created to be a moneymaking act that was aimed at children to help ween them onto the New Japan product. Jeff Hardy? Basically the same. Many kids like the Hardy Boyz, and Jeff later became very marketable with children. The difference is that WWE pushed Jeff as a major heavyweight star. They made him world champion, gave him several high profile wins over top stars like Trips and Punk, and seemingly the keys to the company. Before leaving the WWE his world title reigns were lousy. His feud with Edge sucked, and the Punk one I didn't personally enjoy. Probably because it only lasted like a month. I cannot comment on his TNA world title runs, aside from the joke of a match he had with Sting, but if I had to actually do the research I doubt Hardy would have brought in the money there that Liger would have to New Japan.

I do not see Liger surviving the next round, but I'll vote for him here.

EDIT: I voted for Jeff on accident. Oh well.

I think I read that Jeff idolised Liger as a kid which is cool. Their similar styles would work well together and no doubt it would be an awesome match but I'm leaning towards Jeff.

Jeff managed to win the top belts in two major promotions (make TNA isn't a major promotion joke here)

Jeff also has that uncanny ability of overcoming the odds and winning

Yeah Liger is awesome and is well renowned but he never won the top title outside of NJPW

I can't necessarily say I like one more than the other. Both were exceptionally talented in the ring with Hardy being the bigger star in the states obviously. I think I will go with Liger simply because he never got himself so fucked up he couldn't wrestle in an advertised PPV match.

Jeff Hardy is a spot monkey that has occasionally put it all together for solid matches with good spots.

Jushin Liger is a TREMENDOUS worker, one of the best workers ever. Hardy has never had a match close to as good as Liger's best matches.

Liger is an international superstar that revolutionized the sport, headlined the world and gained a following in the United States despite American promoters often pretending nothing happened outside of our bubble.

Liger wins this going away.

Remember when Liger beat Shawn Michaels? Halcyon days.

Anyway, I don't think there's a wrong answer here, but I'll say this. Liger looks cool and as far as I'm aware is a pretty decent guy. Hardy is an absolute car crash in terms of his personal styling and life choices, but despite that he's been a success. For that to have happened, he must have an incredible level of natural it-factor, and so I think he has to win here. Like I said though, could go either way.

Voting is close, so I'll throw my written support for Liger.

I was never on the Jeff Hardy train. In fact, as a kid I always liked Matt better. I voted Liger, mostly due to longetivity. Both guys wrestle a high flying style, but Liger is into his 50s and still going with a similar style. Hardy, who is not yet 40, is noticibly slowing down and likely won't last long in his current style. Sure, he has had a few outside injuries and issues that likely play into that, but Liger for the W.

Damn entertaining is Brother Nero, but he is dealt a black eye here by the much more consistent superhero in Liger. A man who is idolized in his home country, Liger came across the world often to high praise and applause from wrestler and fan alike. The guy is just on another level than Jeff. Still. After all these years, a credible threat to anyone he faces.

It's a tie, so I'm going to voice my support for Jeff Hardy.

Liger is one of the most solid wrestlers in history, and that's about it. While that might be a huge accolade, he seemed to be kept down in the states by his ability to make any of his other opponents look great.

Jeff had that one moment, but he's an insanely endearing presence in the prowrestling world.

These are two very comparable performers, but I can only imagine one being a main draw no matter where he goes.

Vote Jeff Hardy.

Remember when Liger beat Shawn Michaels? Halcyon days

Jeff has beaten Shawn Michaels as well. I just want people to remember that Jeff Hardy isn't just some flash in the pan guy, he has beaten top guys of this generation. Guys like Michaels, HHH, Edge, CM Punk and Chris Jericho. He's a 3 time world champion, that's not an easy feet for anyone. I think it's a bit more special for Jeff because he carries around a stigma that's like "oh he's a high flyer so he's not really a main eventer". Jeff hardy was the hottest thing in the company when he came back, probably would of had a few more world title Reigns and beaten a few more top guys.

Not denying what Liger has done. He's one of my favourite wrestlers ever, but Jeff is my favourite wrestler of all time and I feel like this is my year to take away that high flyer stigma from him and let him be known as one of the hottest, or the hottest guy and main event player for the WWE for a few years before deciding to leave himself. Opportunities weren't taken from Jeff, so there is no reason to not think he wouldn't of kept going. Getting off track anyways.

Vote Jeff.

I'll get my written vote in for Jeff Hardy. I just personally feel like Jeff's reached a higher peak in his career during his prime than Liger was ever able to accomplish. Liger is one of the greatest junior-heavyweight wrestlers of all time, but he never really broke that barrier to become a true main event player. Jeff, at least at one time, was legitimately one of the hottest acts in all of pro-wrestling and has retained his status as a main event mainstay.

I love both guys so for me it comes down to longevity at the top and because of that I have to give it to Liger.

He has been one of the top stars in Japan for decades and still gets massive pops when he performs and while Jeff gets big pops I would say more of those are because of his brother.

Both huge stars but Liger just squeaks by for me.

I voted for Liger

He is the better overall wrestler.
He is more well known worldwide
Invented the Shooting Star Press
Liger is in better condition even though he is more than 10 years older than Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back