Austin Region, Minn. Subregion, First Round: (4)Bruno Sammartino vs.(29)Gory Guerrero

Who Wins This Match?

• Bruno Sammartino

• Gory Guerrero

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Austin Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

TargetCenter2015_640.png

Bruno_Sammartino_PWI_bio.jpg

#4. Bruno Sammartino

Vs.

latest

#29. Gory Guerrero

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

It's Bruno's to lose. Gory's a pioneer, a renowned Mexican legend, patriarch of one of the most famous wrestling families in history and he had tremendous success in his day, but I can't see how he'd topple Bruno. Gory's greatest success was as a Light Heavyweight and whenever he did venture to the Heavyweight ranks, he came up a little short. Versus Bruno I can't see that changing.

Sammartino isn't my favourite, not by a long shot, but there's no denying his success and track record. He has a bigger, better and all round better regarded place in history than Gory and that's going to translate to a victory here and progression to Round 2.

There exists in wrestling a sort of reverse nepotism. Dos Caras is in this tournament, which he would not be if his son were not Alberto Del Rio. Bob Orton is treated as a big deal. Guerrero was a solid hand in the territory days but little beyond that. Sammartino was one of the best ever from a similar, but slightly later time. Bruno wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back