Austin Region, Minneapolis Subregion, Second Round:(4)Bruno Sam. vs. (13)Jushin Liger

Who Wins This Match?

• Bruno Sammartino

• Jushin Thunder Liger

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the Austin Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

TargetCenter2015_640.png

Bruno_Sammartino_PWI_bio.jpg

#4. Bruno Sammartino

Vs.

E67JDZU.jpg

#13. Jushin Thunder Liger

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Holy squash match.

Liger was a great light heavyweight, but he was never successful as a heavyweight. In a match against Great Muta, he unleashed his more vicious and primal alter-ego Kishin Liger, and still lost. Bruno was one of the greatest heavyweight champions in history. On top of being one of the most popular wrestlers of all time he was very successful internationally.

He holds count out wins over Giant Baba in Japan. During a match with Antonio Inoki, Inoki tried to get physical with Bruno so he stiffed him and threw Inoki out of the ring. Inoki would not try that shit a second time.

You could make the argument that Liger might try to tire Bruno out using his speed. Good fucking luck with that. Even in his prime when he weighed close to 300 pounds, Bruno regularly worked 60 minute matches. His stamina was inhuman. He possessed incredible strength too. He's known for being the only man to body slam the 630 pound Haystacks Calhoun.

In the end Bruno will catch Liger in the bear hug, and he'll tap for everything he's worth. Seriously, even a prime Randy Savage could not survive the bear hug, even with Bruno being over 50 at the time. Liger has no chance in hell.

Vote Bruno.

Remember when Nash threw rey mysterios into a production trailer?

Yeah, that s this match.

Over in seconds.

Squash match is right..

Liger is one of the best lightweights of all time, but Bruno would crush him.

Liger uses speed to try get some offence in, Bruno grabs hold of him, Bear Hug and game over...

Bruno gets my vote

I think the biggest disagreement we'll all have is if this would be a squash.

I don't think Bruno would give Jushin the Buddy Rogers treatment. I think that he would see him as a consummate performer from Japan, almost like a Japanese version of Larry Zbyszko.

This being in Minnesota just adds another layer of doom to Jushin's chances of eeking out a win, so yeah, Bruno most definitely has this one.

I imagine that Jushin will show great resilience in that he'll be able to be knocked down and slammed many times while still coming back for more, but unfortunately for him Bruno was never the type to show fatigue. It'll be a valiant effort, but in the end Bruno has more power moves to give than Jushin can take without laying down for the pin.

Eddie Sharkey would tell Bruno "Hey, go easy on the kid." Bruno would nod, and then proceed to beat Liger in 10 minutes. Bruno always wanted to give the fans their money's worth. Liger will be honored to wrestle Sammartino, and be even happier to take the job. Bruno wins.

Bruno had a long history of beating foreign superstars. I think this is a pretty good example of a big name coming, having a great match, then taking a narrow loss. Bruno wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back