• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ask FunKay a Question

FunKay the Inevitable

People Like Me, We Don't Play
We've all seen KB's mammoth thread about asking wrestling questions. Well now this your chance to ask your friendly neighbourhood section mod, FunKay, a question. I'd prefer it be WZCW centric, but hey, I'm not going to punish you if you want to go outside the fed with your question.

So if you want to know my thoughts on a character, or what I thought of a certain match or storyline, or even what my favourite brony was (I hated all of them just so you know), fire away.

Obviously some questions about creative ideas and process will not be answered to the fullest in order to preserve current stories (and the secret body stash we have...ohshit) and keep the mystique around some stuff.

With that said, bring it on!

What has been your favorite feud ever in the fed?

I was reading some older stuff, and I really loved the Apostles of Chaos vs. WZCW story. It got a little rushed at the end and people coming and going ultimately hurt it somewhat, but I love it for the most part.

Барбоса;4165127 said:
Favourite match?

From a selfish point of view, I love the Holmes vs. Dave blood bath from KC, and I loved writing a good chunk of my matches, but taking me out of the situation entirely, I would have to say Saxton vs. Saboteur from KC IV. It was insane and utterly hilarious. I've never laughed so hard at a match before or after.

Барбоса;4165127 said:
Favourite moment?

This is the hardest one for me. There are a shit-load to be honest. Sabs beating Ty and ending his unbeaten streak, Barbosa cashing-in and the calm before the KC IV main event are some of my favourites of my stuff, but outside of the bits I've written, I'm going to say...Titus winning the WHC for a second time at AoN last year. It was a real big feel-good moment, and one that, based on the RP, was ultimately well deserved. Plus, it happened over the Christmas period, can't get more complete than that.

Барбоса;4165127 said:
Favourite wrestler?

Probably, and I'm not trying to crawl here, Barbosa. He's a character that made an immediate impact, is able to fit anywhere, can do both comedy and drama, is consistently good and as a match writer, is fun as hell to write.

Барбоса;4165127 said:
Favourite RP?
I mentioned it earlier, but Titus' to win the title again at AoN last year. It was brilliant.

I assumed the other questions were fed related too Barbosa.

If you could have a match with anyone on the roster, who would it be?

Whose idea was it to have a submission match against Kurtesy?

When you signed up, did you think you'd be where you are now?

Which of my characters is your favourite?

Барбоса;4165161 said:
And just so the questions do not stop, biggest disappointment/missed opportunity?

I was dissapointed in Holmes vs. Gordito. I wanted that to be more because of the story that could've been told. Outside of that, Barbosa or Kravinoff getting an extended run with the WHC would've been nice too.

If you could have a match with anyone on the roster, who would it be?

I would've said Celeste until this round of shows.

Whose idea was it to have a submission match against Kurtesy?

According to my research (because that was over a year ago and I could not remember it at all), FalKon himself.

When you signed up, did you think you'd be where you are now?

Not really. When I signed up (and you can see it in my application), I spelt the word rich as "ritch". I, to be frank, was dreadful. I knew nothing about the fed really and it wasn't until the second round of shows when I found out I was facing the head of creative in a match that I figured I should do some proper research into WZCW. From there it became more and more fun, and the fed improved my posting (and English apparently) so I stuck around and I progressed to where I am today.

Which of my characters is your favourite?

I liked Wunderbar quite a bit. Maybe because I liked the idea of a smarmy German heel. There was talk of Stark being Holmes' protege at one point which I was against, if only because I'd just come out of the Movement at the time. Resse is the best overall though and the one I've enjoyed the most.

Who do you think has the biggest potential right now to be a star?

Outside of the obvious, probably Isabel Stone. Under Kurtesy's wing, she's come a long way and while she's not amazing, she's improved a lot. She come on leaps and bounds, and if she can keep on improving then there's no telling how good she could potentially become.

Which person did you think would go nowhere but has changed your opinion?

Baller. When I was new in the fed he got decapitated. By the time we started this year, he had m ain evented Unscripted and was #30 in Lethal Lottery. He came such a long way and it's great to see him coming back.

What is your favorite Celeste Crimson promo? Should she wrestle commando against Holmes?

Not. Enough. Rep.

What is your favourite CURRENT feud/storyline?

Have there ever been any results you found legitimately surprising?

What is your favorite Celeste Crimson promo? Should she wrestle commando against Holmes?

The one after your return was good if I'm remembering it correctly. And Ech, I'll say it once, you're a weird dude...but I wouldn't complain.

What is your favourite CURRENT feud/storyline?

If my plan for the tag titles pans out, then that. There's some cool stuff coming up for Unscripted though. It should be fantastic.

Have there ever been any results you found legitimately surprising?

I legit thought I had better RP's than Kurtesy on both our PPV matches.

I'll take a stab at this. I've always been curious because you have my favorite character rep.

Was Regal your first choice for your rep?

Follow up.

When you read Holmes' dialogue do you read it in Regal's voice(I do), your own voice(which is what I do with Mikey, Howard, Ricky Runn, basically anyone in the fed whose voice I know), or what you think Holmes would sound like? That got kind of jumbled.

Regal was always my first choice for a rep.

I used to read Holmes' voice in Christopher Sabat's Vegeta voice from DBZ. Then JGlass mentioned that he read it in Regal's voice. Since then it's been Regal. I do occasionally read lines of my RP out loud to see if they come off well and I do my (very bad) Sabat impression.

I have a non WCZW related question. I noticed you've got Gin Ichimaru in your sign. What part of his character did you like the most? His zanpaktou, his personality, or his craftiness?

Did parts of Gin influence the way you've created Steven Holmes?

TALK ABOUT SAXTON MORE

But really, general thoughts on Saxton and myself as an RPer?

Also, since you have that creative power, was Karzai ever mentioned in the Creative room during or after his run? Was my idea to return and feud with Wilton ever brought up after I PMed Phoenix about it?

I have a non WCZW related question. I noticed you've got Gin Ichimaru in your sign. What part of his character did you like the most? His zanpaktou, his personality, or his craftiness?

Did parts of Gin influence the way you've created Steven Holmes?

The thing I lover about Gin the most is his visual style. He just looks so fucking creepy. He has the appearance of a total and utter monster, but in a far more subtle way than say a Freeza or a Knives from Trigun. It's subtle but deliciously vile too.

In a way Gin rubbed off on Holmes a little. The scene in Bleach where he talks about saving Rukia just before her execution and she describes what she thinks of him is a big inspiration, especially around the start of the Holmes/Constantine alliance. Rad the first RP after me and Dave joined forces and you can tell I think.

Rank your top five toughest opponents.

In no particular order:

Baez, the Killjoy (as he was at the time)
Brothers in Arms (Toyota & Hammond)
Big Dave
Steven Kurtesy
Jordan Lights, because after beating him so many bloody times, it became difficult to think fo new ways to RP against him.

TALK ABOUT SAXTON MORE

But really, general thoughts on Saxton and myself as an RPer?

Also, since you have that creative power, was Karzai ever mentioned in the Creative room during or after his run? Was my idea to return and feud with Wilton ever brought up after I PMed Phoenix about it?

Saxton is a great example of a character. Whenever I show someone WZCW I tend to show them an Action Saxton RP. They're always a fun read, they're engaging and most of the time they are top quality too.

As an RPer, I think you have a lot of talent. You've got a character that you know well and you know how to use it too. The only major issue I've ever had is (and you're certainly not the only person who does it) you can be too self-involved in that you don't spend a lot of time on your opponenet, unless you're invested in the match. That's my one big critique. Otherwise your very good at what you do.

As for Karzai, Phoenix had him set to come in to do something with Wilton I think, but I'm not 100% sure because I wasn't on creative at the time and I only read about it after the event. Nothing ever came of it because Wilton got booted out for the whole fed fiasco thing. We've talked about using Karzai for Lethal lottery and stuff like that too.

Did you use your creative powers to keep Armando Paradyse off the card for Kingdom Come?

[YOUTUBE]X8u7px_GzWQ[/YOUTUBE]

Everyone seems to be asking question about themselves so what do you think about Justin Cooper the character?

What are your thoughts on Derek Jacobs? What do you think I can do to improve my writing?

Jacobs is solid. he's got a fairly basic thing going on for him and that's fine. It's a bit of a blank canvas situation. The character's base is so general that you build on that, and that's a good thing.

As for your RPing, there's not a whole lot you're doing wrong. Try to write longer RP's though. I know that may seem odd, but don't be afraid of letting a story get ahold of you and getting it out there, you'll be surprised with what you can do with longer RP's.

I'd be interested in hearing what you think of James Howard; and myself as an RPer.

Howard is the perfect partner for Mikey. He's deadly serious, very intense and a vicious wrestler. They fit together so well in that opposites attract. When Howard's on his own as well, he should be fine.

RPing wise, you're good. There's not a whole lot of advice I can give you on your stuff really as it's just generally good. It's always fun when you as a writer can bust ot RP arcs, like I did last cycle with my RP's. They were all linked, but they were individual too. Some of that would come off really well with Howard I think, especially when he becomes a singles wrestler, if that ever occurs.

Everyone seems to be asking question about themselves so what do you think about Justin Cooper the character?

I've never been overly high on Justin Cooper...that was until this past cycle. It's only been in the last few rounds of shows that I've seen Cooper come out of his shell and come from underneath the shadow of such a meh gimmick. It's a very refrshing thing to see, especially from such a long term character as Cooper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back