Ash VS Evil Dead

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
[YOUTUBE]unnLg1TPCYM[/YOUTUBE]​

30 years after the events of Evil Dead, Ash is a loner, living a dull existence, still not able to come to grips with the events that started at the cabin. In the event of a deadite invasion Ash must attach his chainsaw and pick up his trusty boomstick one more time, all while finally coming to terms with his past.

When the plans for an Evil Dead series were announced, I had mixed feelings, but this trailer surprised me. Campbell looks good, and I'm glad Campbell is reprising his role, because I honestly can't picture another actor portraying Ash.

I didn't have a problem with the more serious tone in Evil Dead 2013, but it's good to see they're returning to Evil Dead's roots in the original set of films with a kooky sense of humor and over the top gore and bloody mayhem. If we're talking about storylines, the Evil Dead series and everything surrounding the Book Of The Dead is loaded with depth, so hopefully a successful first season will lead to a renewal.

Any thoughts On Ash VS Evil Dead or the Evil Dead films?

Huge fan of the Evil Dead original trilogy, personally Army of Darkness in my favourite of the three, I've also read some of the Army Of Darkness comics. The new series looks very promising, retaining the sense of humour from the original series and starring Bruce Campbell, I would have been alot less interested if it was a new actor playing the role

So we got the pilot episode finally on Halloween a few days ago and within the first ten minutes I already loved the hell out of it. Ash rockin' out to Space Truckin', his cheesy pick up line that somehow worked at the bar, getting way too stoned and accidentally reading from the Book of the Dead. Bruce Campbell is just so great at physical comedy, and well, really everything, he can chew dialogue like no one else but I dug the supporting characters too. Well, Amanda, the female cop? She didn't really do much to stand out (and fuck her for totally no-selling that stab wound! Come on man!). The writing and direction was so totally Sam Raimi in all of the best ways, but unfortunately this is the only episode in the season he directed. Still, this was such a promising start, the ending in particular was just bad-ass, fist-pumping type shit for fans of the franchise when Ash started kicking ass and revealed the infamous chainsaw. Oh god I marked the fuck out man. Only minor complaint was some shoddy bits of CGI here and there, in particular a couple uses of fake blood that looked pretty bad and pissed me off as an old school horror guy, but fuck it, they were honestly very minor and quick so no big deal. 10/10, 5/5, two thumbs up, pilot was stellar man. I can only hope it keeps up like this.

It was pretty good & I am glad it has the feel of the original films. I didnt mind the bits and effects that looked cheesy because it helped the tongue in cheek style. Overall the effects and makeup were on point for me. Campbell showed again why he is perfect in this role & his new allies should fit right in, but I do agree about the female cop. She just didnt do a good job at connecting, but it is only the first episode.

Cant wait to see more.

Starz renewed Ash VS Evil Dead for season 2 three days before the series' premiere, and I loved every second of the pilot.

Campbell was great, and the fight scene with the little doll at Ash's job was hilarious. Great laughs, the supporting cast looks good, some classic Evil Dead moments, and I'm glad the show is staying true to the films, without reinventing the source material for a complete overhaul. A promising debut, and I'm really looking forward to the rest of the season.

The word for episode two was BLOOD. The fight scene in the car and the one in the bedroom were both gushers for sure. Some more funny moments from Ash and his Kramer haired sidekick, but the female police officer still has shown very little in terms of story or connecting with the audience.

Maybe it is just me or they just have more left to be revealed from her, but that is the only part if the show I am not digging. Otherwise this show is on point with everything I hoped for.

Definitely a solid follow up to the premiere. The fiasco at Kelly's house and the dinner were the main highlights for me. A predictable series of events, but the constant teasing for the big fight scene really worked, Ash's insults ("your cooking was shit" :lmao:) were hilarious, and the final bloodbath delivered. And this is not a real complaint, but man that's an elaborate set-up to recruit and convince Kelly to join the fight.

The female police officer (Amanda) is kind of dull as a character so far, and it looks like they're taking the route of Ash having to convince her and prove he's the good guy before Amanda joins the team, because she's too stubborn and naive to buy into his story. Hopefully, they'll reveal more details for Lucy Lawless' character in the next episode. You get the feeling she's trying to stop Ash, but as a character, she's just in the background for the time being.

[YOUTUBE]LhZvpLFPJcA[/YOUTUBE]​

In Episode 103, a mysterious woman finds the destruction at Kelly’s parents’ farm. Meanwhile, Ash, Pablo and Kelly continue their quest with the Necronomicon and Fisher finds herself in another terrifying, inexplicable situation.

I'd read a review of the first two episodes a while back and it had said that the second episode was a pretty big drop off from the first, and unfortunately I'd agree with that a bit. It was still good and there were a few great scenes (the joke about the parents being Jewish after Ash makes crosses for their graves was delivered so perfectly it made the whole episode) but I felt it drag a little in the middle. I also didn't realize the show is only 30 minutes because the first episode was about 45ish so I figured we'd be getting close to that each week, I feel like they would definitely benefit from that. I also really like the comedic chemistry between Campbell and the actor that plays Pablo, so far their interactions are making this show what it is (well along with the gore and bitchin' soundtrack, though that's at least 2 Deep Purple songs so far so maybe switch it up a bit?).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back