Walking Dead: Season Five starts Sunday at 9!

WBL

All bronies will clop in hell.
The Walking Dead has to be one of my favorite television shows of all time. The special effects, the intensity, the drama, and this fascinating world where walkers really are the secondary evil next to other people. That, and their penchant for killing off main characters at the drop of a hat, really adds a level of suspense to the show.

Last season was full of some real heartbreakers... giving Hershel a full episode dedicated to how awesome he is before The Governor decapitated him, and The Governor getting his own three-episode arc before getting killed himself, so we can understand just how evil he really is.

"The Grove", however, that episode broke my heart. I was talking to a friend of mine about CM Punk appearing on "Talking Dead" afterwards, and did he drop any hints about the WWE, was he coming back, did he bring up what he was doing, etc. But I told him there was zero opportunity for that, because "The Grove" was such a heartbreaker, such a powerful and brutal episode, that they had to dedicate the entire episode to talking about it.

So Season Five starts Sunday night, and right now, we've got the following survivors list...

Currently stuck in a boxcar in Terminus
-------------------------------------
Tara
Daryl
Rosita
Abraham
Maggie
Carl
Rick
Michonne
Eugene
Glenn
Sasha
Bob

Running Terminus
----------------
Gareth
Others

Currently on the run
-------------------
Carol
Tyreese
Lil' Asskicker

???
---
Beth
Morgan

I think that's it. Plus, apparently there's gonna be several new characters added as well. It's gonna suck not having Hershel around, but apparently he did far better than he did in the comic.

That's the thing about the comic. You can watch both the show and read the comic, and not spoil one for the other. Different things happen in the comic than the show (For example, in the comic, The Governor decaptiates Tyreese). Daryl doesn't even appear in the comic.

So, I guess what I'm asking is...

Are you excited about the Walking Dead coming back?

What do you think is going to happen?

Who's the first main character who's gonna be walker food?

Move aside WWE.. for the next 8 weeks my main focus becomes TWD.

Love The Walking Dead, can't believe how fast time goes by though, Season 1 was in 2010!

TWD has sent me on so many roller coasters and not just the TV show, the telltale video games are sometime just as awesome. I'm in to the comic now too so yeah pretty much gone full scale fan boy over here.

Reactions: WBL
...and to answer your Q's:

1) Yes, of course I am excited!

2) They're obviously getting out of the box car as it's revealed in the trailer. I reckon they'll head to Washington as Eugene apparantly knows what caused the outbreak. They will just meet another 'dead end' though. Or it turns out Eugene is full of BS.

3) Not sure about Walker food, but I get the feeling it's time to say bye bye to Glenn

Well, like I said, the great thing about the show is that you can read the comic, and it won't totally spoil the show for you.

In fact, they could probably kill Rick off some time in the show, that'd be a mind-blower, and just have Daryl be the lead character from now on.

Well, like I said, the great thing about the show is that you can read the comic, and it won't totally spoil the show for you.

In fact, they could probably kill Rick off some time in the show, that'd be a mind-blower, and just have Daryl be the lead character from now on.

I've spoke with friends about this concept, personally I think it's a credible possibility.

Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick loves the role, but he's done movies in the past, so who's to say he won't want a change of pace or a bigger pay off by leaving to do another project? - Especially now he's increased his name value via TWD.

An unexpected Rick Grimes death would make for great TV, and most people would have never considered this scenerio and so it would be a huge shocker.

Norman Reedus as Daryl is more than capable of taking over the lead role. I love how the Daryl character has been totally organic to the show, and was never originally planned to be as big a role as it has become.

I've spoke with friends about this concept, personally I think it's a credible possibility.

Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick loves the role, but he's done movies in the past, so who's to say he won't want a change of pace or a bigger pay off by leaving to do another project? - Especially now he's increased his name value via TWD.

An unexpected Rick Grimes death would make for great TV, and most people would have never considered this scenerio and so it would be a huge shocker.

Norman Reedus as Daryl is more than capable of taking over the lead role. I love how the Daryl character has been totally organic to the show, and was never originally planned to be as big a role as it has become.

Norman Reedus has done movies as well. Ever seen The Boondock Saints? As far as revenge movies go, it's pretty good.

I'm excited for it. One of my favourite shows right now despite all its flaws. And it has huge flaws from poor acting to weird pacing. But then they will give you one awesome episode and all is forgotten. Kind of like RAW these days. lol

Going by the trailers I think they will leave Terminus rather quickly and try to get Eugene to Washington. I have a feeling the group will encounter the hunters along the way and make Rick snap again. I am looking forward to find out more about Beth's group. How they manage to survive and why did they take her?

My prediction for first casualty will always be the token black guy. So Bob it is. But I am unsure if he will end up walker food or killed by others.

Episode 1 just can't come quick enough as far as i am concerned and if what everybody has been saying is true, then No Sanctuary could very well be the best TWD episode to date. The Trailers so far have looked great and i'm curious to see what the place Beth is being held in turns out to be and if it is in anyway connected to terminus.

My prediction for first casualty will always be the token black guy. So Bob it is. But I am unsure if he will end up walker food or killed by others.

I don't know, man. T-Dog, the original token black guy, made it all the way to the Prison. For the first casualty, I'm gonna have to go with Tara, the girl who was introduced as part of The Governor's story arc. The Governor is dead, Glenn and Maggie are reunited, she really doesn't serve any more purpose. It's like when the killed Dale before making Hershel a regular character.

I still miss Hershel.

I don't know, man. T-Dog, the original token black guy, made it all the way to the Prison. For the first casualty, I'm gonna have to go with Tara, the girl who was introduced as part of The Governor's story arc. The Governor is dead, Glenn and Maggie are reunited, she really doesn't serve any more purpose. It's like when the killed Dale before making Hershel a regular character.

I still miss Hershel.

The same thing can be said about T-Dog not serving a purpose at all in his whole run in the show. So he can be used against both our choices. :lmao:

I think Tara is the last remaining link to the prison assault group so she still has a purpose to be alive to bring tension to the group. Bob also still has his alcoholic past and how it affected his outlook in the zombie apocalypse that is yet to be revealed.

I was almost right in episode 2. Does being hunter food count as being walker food though? Haha.

The moment they cast a black priest I knew the timer is on for one of the black dudes in the show. After watching the first episode and teasing the return of Morgan I knew I couldn't be far off. Poor Bob.

I think that after 4 years this show has finally found it's feet and it's balls. After a lot of fucking around, talking & endless delaying of storylines they seem to be getting more in-line with the comic, which can only be a good thing. I like how they've essentially switched some characters around (Governor & Herschel instead of Governor & Tyreese, Bob instead of Dale) and it makes it less predictable who gets killed next. Disappointing that Awesome Comic Andrea was replaced with fucking awful TV Andrea, but I guess Carol took that role.

Glenn with the baseball bat in Ep 1. Foreshadowing? :p If they are switching deaths around, you should wonder who might be meeting Lucille. Let's see, who's the most popular? :p
That guy in the shadows in the Terminus flashback. Possibly Negan?
I guess we're getting Alexandria soon. Personally I liked it but I'm not sure how well it will transfer to tv.
I wonder how long The Hunters story will last. I can't imagine it'll be over as quickly as the book. Should be brutal though.

So despite an incredible premier and a couple solid episodes is anybody else very concerned about the rest of this season? Now that DC is off the table the group is back to their typical random wandering. I realize they're still going to head in that direction but with Terminus taken care of I just can't figure out what the conflict is anymore.

And I could not give less of a shit about Beth's current situation. I loved her in Season 4 but that hospital episode was so incredibly out of place.

In case you haven't watch this entire season so far (8 episodes) Please stand by for the following alert

****SPOILER ALERT*****

I like the show, I really can't get enough of it. I hated that they killed off the last two people from the group. Bob was just there and Beth, why on Earth did they have to kill her off ? I mean new people come in and old people have to go but they could have at least her hook up with Daryl first. Those two were a perfect odd couple. ANd how she died before seeing her sister again, was really heart wrenching.

The wandering thing is a little old but I doubt it will be for too long. They're bound to find a spot to call home, maybe Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back