AS9 - Ace David vs. Karnage (Elite X League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
AS91.jpg

Winners last week, now one must lose. Ace David will look to get his campaign going even further despite the Week One set back as he takes on Karnage, the man who current tops the Elite X table. Who will put their opponent to rest for this week?

Deadline is Tuesday 5th January 2010 23:59 EST

Lethal Lottery Highlight:
We’re backstage in the rWo locker room, you can hear the exciting sounds of the Lottery still being in action as Dave and Ace get out of their wrestling gear, showered and dressed into casual clothing. Not a word is mentioned between them.

They both exit the locker room dragging their suitcases as you can hear over the speakers the sound of Truman Harrys saying “The winner of this match and as a result will face Everest for the WZCW World Heavyweight title at Kingdom Come. Titus!”

The FHD stop for a second, look at each other for a moment, and sigh as they continue up the hallway. The voice of an angry Steamboat Ricky can be heard in the distance, but they just keep walking. They walk past the likes of Karnage clicking his knuckles with a disapproving look on his face as well as Max Karzai and Jordan Lights who look to have a discussion going with the words “Heavy Artillery, I like that!

Karnage (thought): Look at them. So pathetic! They had so much potential. They started off with great intentions and look at them now, a broken shambles of a group that are supposed to be fighting against the clutches of oppression and making things better for the dominant athletes. They are so weak. A shell of what they could have been and nothing compared to what I have done.

Karnage packs up his things and throws the strap of his bag over his shoulder. He walks out the door and walks down an empty dark corridor, away from the superstars that once lay in his path. As Karnage walks into the darkness, a wry smile emerges on his face as he revels in the absence of light. Suddenly a voice comes out of the darkness to greet him

Voice: Don’t you remember what you were?

Karnage turns on the spot as he looks deep within the darkness in an attempt to make out the mysterious visitor. Squinting hard, he makes out the silhouette of the unnamed person who is addressing him.

Karnage: Who the Hell is this!? Show yourself so that I can tear your head right off your shoulders.

Voice: Whoa! Calm down, this is a friendly visit. You see, I need you as much as you need me. I have seen what has been going on around here. I see the disdain you have for everything. The hate that dwells within you can be used to extinguish that, you know. I saw you look at the rWo. I saw the way you’re brain ticked over and the anger you feel towards them for not being able to take care of business.

Karnage: And what exactly, do you know about that?

Voice: More than you think. You see, you and I have very similar goals. By this point, you know who I am. I stand here before you, as a man who is looking for a favour. I know that you have the skills needed to accomplish this goal and I know that you can do it better than anyone.

A very sly smile emerges in the corner of Karnage’s mouth as he turns away from the shadows.

Karnage: You come to me, like a shadow in the night, expecting something from me that you haven’t even bothered to state. Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t come over there and drop you where you stand.

Voice: Like I said, both of us have a common goal and we could help each other no end. All I need from you is an impact. I know that you are sick of roaming the doldrums of the WZCW roster. I know that you want to reach the very top and I can get you there. This league that has been set up is a travesty to you. You are better than this. You deserve more and with my help, you will get it.

Karnage: What exactly do I need to do?

Voice: Make an impact…

The voice gets further away as the silhouette disappears from view. Karnage looks into the darkness for another few seconds and then moves off, down the hallway and out of the building.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene is a dark and dingy close off room. Two chairs lie in the foreground but only one of them is occupied. It is occupied by Karnage. The man who sits on top of the Elite X tournament and a broad smile is spread across his face. Once again, a voice comes out of the darkness, this time it is more familiar to Karnage.

Voice: You do not disappoint, do you?

Karnage: You asked me to make an impact and that is what I have done. It has taken a lot of work and planning but I have done as you asked. Many things are at play around here and I know what it is you want of me. I delivered and I sit atop the league to challenge Frankie Smith.

Voice: Yes, you have done well. I knew that my coming to you would be a wise choice for both of us. Have you not been more focused over the last few weeks since that loss to Blade? Only the second man to ever pin you, that must have been hard and the consequences for it could have been dire. Yet here you are, sitting with a grin on your face and proudly on top of the competition. This week, it is Ace. A member of the rWo, a group that I know you despise. A group that claims to stand for the same things you do yet you have been so much successful than any of them

Karnage: It’s like you said, I don’t disappoint. Ace is a hurdle in the way of my ultimate glory. Frankie Smith is not fit as a Champion and I intend to prove that. I have beaten him before and I will do it again at Kingdom Come. With that being said, Ace harbours no problems for me. Everyone knows that he is the weak link of the rWo and that Big Dave is the main threat. With that in mind, I think I have this in control.

Voice: Yes, I believe you do. With that, it nears the time for me to reveal myself and our plans to the world. The fans are ready for what we have to offer and you will have what you desire most… Power!

Steel gets down and then gives Ace a Headbutt almost knocking him to the floor. Steel runs over picks him up and goes for the Muscle Buster. He hits it as he goes for the cover...1...2...3.

Ace: YOU THINK I'M DONE?! I'M FUCKING BACK!

Ace throws the camera against the wall and as it hits the screen goes to static...

Hammond runs at Ace but he gets his foot up in the air which hits Hammond in the face and he falls straight to the mat. Ace then steadies himself on top of the ropes and goes for the Rock Out, making full impact on Hammond. He goes for the cover 1…..2…..3.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Ace David!

Ace is shown sitting at the back of a packed arena. His hoody is hiding most of his face but we can see his sadistic smile enlarge. The camera pans behind him and we see him looking down on a match between Karnage and USA.

USA moves out of the way at the last second and Karnage runs through, USA looks to land a lariat as Karnage turns back around but Karnage ducks under it once more and lands the Early Release. The crowd let out a gasp as Karnage connects flush and then picks USA up to his feet. He puts him in the Solitary Confinement and lands it in the middle of the ring. He covers USA and the referee begins to count. 1…2…3

Anderson: Here is your winner… Karnage!

Ace smiles and stands to leave when a hand grabs his shoulder and pushes him back down to his seat. Ace looks at the hand and follows it up to Big Dave smiling down at him. Dave sits down next to Ace and leans forward to watch the next match. Ace smiles and sits back, waiting for Big Dave to speak.

Big Dave (still concentrating his gaze on the ring below): You know, you were impressive tonight Ace. Top notch.

Ace: I know man, what can I say?

Ace smiles and leans forward too to watch Everest coming down to the ring with the WZCW World Championship wrapped around his waist.

Ace: You know, that title looks mighty impressive don’t you think?

Dave: Yeah, yeah it does.

They both sit in silence for a moment and watch Everest and John Smith start their match.

The ref signals for the bell as Smith and Everest look to tie up. Everest slips behind Smith and quickly takes him down with a suplex. Everest begins targeting Smith's knee by kicking away at it before applying a kneebar.

Dave: So, you’ve got a match against Karnage next week on Ascension? You do know he’s on top of the Elite X league right now.

Ace: It doesn’t matter who it is. Karnage is just another wrestler in my way.

Dave: Don’t underestimate him Ace, he’s big, he’s strong…

Ace: It doesn’t matter.

Dave: Ok ok, I get it. Look, next week is big. I have my match against Rush in the EurAsian League and now you have a match against Karnage in the Elite X League. We’re both coming off wins and we need to win next week too. Ricky won’t be happy if we lose.

Ace: I know but we’re not going to lose Dave. Ricky didn’t choose us because he liked to look at us, he chose us because we are the most promising superstars on the entire roster. I know you can beat Rush, he’s a joke. And as for Karnage, well let’s just say I’ve got a plan.

Dave looks quizzically at Ace but Ace just shakes his head smiling.

Ace: Don’t look so scared Dave, the plan is to win. Simple.

Dave: Look man, just don’t do anything stupid. Just outwrestle him, you’re faster and smarter than him.

Ace: I know, I don’t need you to tell me that.

Dave looks back down to the ring as the match continues. Ace follows his gaze and continues to speak.

Ace: I had a tough few weeks there Dave, you were there for me. I appreciate that, I do. But I need your confidence still, we started in this company together and now we’re apart of the greatest faction ever assembled. We’re winning matches and we’re learning from the best, Ricky. Don’t worry about me, you just concentrate on Rush and I’ll concentrate on Karnage.

Dave smiles and stands to leave.

Dave: You’re right Ace. We have it all and there’s no going down, only up. I’ll see you later.

Dave leaves up the stairs and Ace watches him leave. He turns back to the ring as the crowd begins to roar around him.

Smith stumbles out of the corner and gets hit with The Rock Slide out of nowhere!. Everest covers and gets the 3 count.

Anderson: Here is your winner, Everest!

Ace stands and leaves through the roaring crowd to the back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace is shown standing behind a curtain jumping up and down warming up. He’s swinging his arms and stretching his neck.

Anderson: And representing the rWo, from Brisbane, Australia, weighing in at 231 pounds, Ace David!

Ace: Here we go Karnage!

Ace runs through the curtain as the rWo music hits.

[YOUTUBE]ogodVnOv048[/YOUTUBE]

The great hall of a museum is evident as the promo begins. The sharp clicking of heels on newly-polished floors become apparent and seems to be getting closer to us. No figure is present, yet the screeching of leather on the floor continues to grow ,pre prevalent. At the other end of the hall, the figure of Karnage in a sharp suit becomes available to the eye. Karnage begins to walk towards the camera and begins to inspect the exhibits. Another sharp clicking comes after him, these are more hurried and as the other figure comes into view, it is the figure of Leon Kensworth. His face is sporting a worried look and does not look very comfortable as he catches up with Karnage.

Leon: Karnage, man! What the hell are we doing here? Seriously, when I got assigned to you, I didn’t expect to be going to a museum for the night. I mean, I have been with Trevor Steel on a night out and I have to tell you –

Karnage raises a hand in the air, right in front of Leon’s face and cuts him off. His glare though, remains set on a an exhibition of a battlefield. Two sides are set up and in great life-like detail. Both sets of armies are set up at opposite ends of the exhibition and both are sporting different colours and allegiances. The hand that was once raised in from of Leon’s face drops and after a second is raised once more to meet the glass that separates the exhibit from them.

Karnage: Look at that, Mr Kensworth. Do you see it?

Leon: What, the exhibit? Yes I see it.

Karnage: No, you idiot. I don’t mean the exhibit. I mean the similarities. These men lined up against a common cause with their brothers in arms. A bond that some would say is unbreakable.

Leon: Well, not really.

Karnage: Of course you don’t. You see, unlike me, you are blind to the truth. Right now, in a far away land, war is being waged that will shape the future forever. Both sides are lining up all their soldiers for the first time in years in a war that hasn’t been seen in recent history. Both sides are aiming to crush the other and prove that they are dominant. Each side, trying to buy your allegiance with their strength in numbers and propaganda. It is like every other war in existence and more to the point, like what is happening right now.

Leon: You got all of that from toy soldiers?

Karnage: It’s not the toy soldiers that count, Mr Kensworth. You ignorance is starting to bother me.

Leon shifts in his suit and lets out an uneasy cough.

Karnage: You see, it is not what all of these soldiers are, it is what they represent. For the first time in this business’s history, things are becoming interesting all over the board. Never before has allegiances been called into question in such a huge way and your survival will be based on the very notion of which side you choose. This brings me neatly onto my next opponent. You see, Ace is like every one of these soldiers in many ways. Lining up behind their colours and hoping that the strength of the man beside him will match his own. The determination to win is huge and a shared goal between all of his brothers in arms is justified.

Yet, Ace does not know what he is getting into. No matter how hard you try to hide behind the accomplishments of the other on your side, fate will always catch up with you individually. At Ascension, I am bound to take on Ace David. A man who was a member of the best tag team in WZCW history. By all means, I should be worried. For it is very like this exhibit. Two sides have lined up against each other and only one will come out of the battle as the winner. However, I know what it is like to work as an individual. At Ascension, Ace David will be thrown into a battle that is way over his head. He may think very little of me but he should know that when it comes down to it, his numbers will count for nothing. His stable mates will not be able to help him and he will finally see what I see. He will finally see what it is like to stand alone against someone who wants to take everything from you.

Leon: It’s funny you should mention it, I caught up with Vance the other day and he told me that Ace did think very little of you.

Karnage: Mr Kensworth, I know that I am not the highest thought of superstar on the WZCW roster. However, I get things done. I sit on top of the Elite X league as the number one contender in waiting. I have beaten Chris Beckford and USA to date and Ace David is nothing but a minor blip on my radar. You see, when you are in battle, a long struggle to gain what you want most, your vision is impaired. You see the end of the road and what you deserve. Frankie Smith or Austin Reynolds lie in wait for me at Kingdom Come and Ace David should know that before he stands toe to toe with me that I will rip his fucking head off before he stops me getting what I deserve!

Karnage looks very flustered but regains his composure before continuing.

Karnage: Yes, Ace will know that all of his gusto and all of his number count for nothing when he meets a man in the ring that will stop at nothing to get what he wants. He is but one man, Mr Kensworth.

Karnage picks up a small soldier from an outside exhibit and crushes it between his huge fingers until it is broken into multiple pieces.

Karnage: Just like all of these men, I have a goal and Ace David cannot match my desire or hunger to achieve it. Ace David is going to feel the power and hinger of an entire amry crash down upon him and he will not match up to me!

Karnage glares at Leon and then begins to walk back from where he arrived. Leon gives one final glance at the exhibit and raises his eyebrows before following Karnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back