Kingdom Come - Frankie Smith vs. Karnage (Elite X Championship)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
KC-EliteX.jpg

After enduring the Elite X League, the rWo's newest member Karnage will take on Elite X Champion Frankie Smith who's been on a roll since winning the belt at the Lethal Lottery. When the Elimination Tag at the Megashow finished, these two men lay wasted on the announce table, who will survive the path of destruction and walk out with the coveted gold?

Only one RP is allowed for this match

Deadline for this contest is Tuesday 16th February 23:59 EST

The silence of the night is only broken by the sound of a rattling engine in the distance. A trail of dust is evident behind the speeding car as it rapidly proceeds down the road. A metropolitan area, lit only by weak lighted street lamps is brought to life by the old car continuing down the road. As the car reaches the end of the road, it stops. After a few seconds, the old and rusty door swings open and Karnage emerges.

He lets out a sigh and as his breath meets the cold air, it freezes and his breath disappears before him. Karnage looks around and after taking in his surroundings, Karnage gives a small nod and begins to walk. The freezing ground crunching under his feet and causing him to wrap his leather jacket closer to his body. He continues to walk and after pushing a small metal gate open, Karnage reaches his destination.

A heavily protected building lies off in the distance as Karnage looks on intently, half expecting something to happen that never comes. Karnage closes his eyes for a second and lets the environment sink in.

Karnage: A few years ago, I was here. A few years ago, an opportunity like Kingdom Come was a pipedream. I started watching wrestling when I was a child. My mother would be too busy trying to make ends meet and would mercilessly sit me in front of the TV. At that time, nothing in my wildest dreams would have compared to this. A life of crime befell me and I never had anything to hang my hat on.

Karnage lets out another deep sigh as a reminiscent looks appears on his face. Karnage shakes his head slightly and it seems to bring him back to reality.

Karnage:
I grew up thinking that there was no hope for me. I knew that my life meant nothing and I had to make the best of things. Crime seemed like the best idea and before I knew it, I ended up here. Everything I had thought about my life before had been ratified between walls measured 4 by 8. All hope was gone, all destiny had been fulfilled… Or so I thought.

That was until one day I got a visit from Vance Bateman. He told me that I had a future. He told me that if I could harness the rage I felt inside my being and use inside of a wrestling ring then I would have a new future. That I would have a renewed destiny and that I could even wrestle at the flagship pay-per-view of WZCW.

I have never been one to throw in the towel. I have never allowed myself to feel helpless and I always had a suspicion that I was meant to do something more. I always knew that I would eventually have something to hang my hat on. My destiny is unavoidable. No matter how much trouble I got into. No matter how bleak my life looked, I always knew that something would come along and change it for me.

WZCW has been a journey. I started here months ago and jobbed to Showtime David Cougar. I tasted defeat again and I knew that things had to change. I have been at the bottom of the bottom and at Kingdom Come, I know that I will reach the top. The Elite X Championship has never meant more and all that is standing in the way of my ultimate goal being realised is Frankie Smith. A man who knows how much this means to me and knows that getting in my way will be a mistake for him. Do I expect him to throw in the towel like I did a few years ago? No! I expect him to come to the ring and stand face to face with the man who will not be denied. I expect him to match my desire and I expect him to want it as much as I do.

This is it for us. There is no bigger stage for me to ply my trade on and I know that I will need everything I have in my locker. Frankie Smith has been a thorn in my side since I have been here and we have come together many times in the past. No matter how many times we have tussled in the past, I know that those matches meant nothing. My journey has taken me from a lonely kid sitting in a desolate living room to the biggest stage of them all. It has taken me to the EurAsian league and the loss to Blade. It has taken me to being one of the most dominating superstars in WZCW and it has taken me to the clutches of the rWo.

However, there is no bigger achievement for me than the win of the Elite X league. I am not ready for this journey to end. I am not ready for my destiny to be snatched away from me when it matters most. I am not ready to… Lose. At Kingdom Come, I will not be denied my redemption. I will not be denied my chance to complete my journey and most of all I will not be denied my Elite X Championship.

Karnage breathes out again and dips his head. He lets a small smile appear on his face and turns away. Waling towards the vehicle he came from, an air of expectancy surrounds him…

Frankie and Anto are standing on board the Luas, a tram system in Dublin city. A man beside them coughs, and Frankie looks at him. He's tall, broad and bald.

Frankie: He looks like Karnage, doesn't he?

Anto nods.

Ugly Cunt.

The tram stops and they step onto the path. Frankie looks around and takes a deep breath.

Don't you just love that smell. Smells like chips, beer, vomit and smoke. It sure is great to be home.

Anto: Great isn't the word I was looking for. But Anto, shouldn't you be preparing for Karnage.

Karnage. Pah! What sort of name is that? What is this, Spider-man or something.

C'mon. Shouldn't you be taking this more seriously? He's going to be incredibly tough

Serious. That's why I brought you here.

He points up to an old and worn Apartment block.

This is where I grew up, Anto. In this shithole. You see, Karnage can cry about being in prison. Boo hoo. Have a tissue.

While he was sent there for a few years, I grew up in a prison. My father was an alcoholic who regularly beat my mother, my brother and me. I lived in a city filled with drugs and violence. My prison wasn't steel bars and concrete walls. No, it was made of anger. Anxiety. Fear. Violence. I was trapped. But what could I do. If I said anything about my father, I'd "fall down the stairs" and break my arm. If I did anything, I'd "slip and smash into the wall" and get multiple bruises and black eyes. So I stayed quiet and bottled up my emotions.

they come to an abandoned shop, that's boarded up and burned.

When I was 4, I was standing outside this shop, when a man was stabbed by a hooded gangster. Right in front of me. I just stood there, unable to help. Watching the blood pour profusly from his chest. Watching the anguish on his face. Watching the life leave his body and death coming to claim his soul. Now that's the sort of stuff that stays with you for your life. that fucks with your mind. When I went home, I wasn't sad, or afraid. i don't convey emotions like that. I was just...angry. And I bottled it up.

They keep walking and come up to an abandoned playground.

Now this brings back quite a lot of memories. Like when I was on those swings, and witnessed a teenager being beaten to a pulp by a group of about 8 or 9 others. Or when I was offered smack while on the merry go round. I was 9. Or my when I just turned 11, and had to sing happy birthday to myself while going down the slide because everyone else forgot about it.

Karnage, I would easily trade all of that for a few years in Mickey Mouse Camp like you. Maybe I could enjoy Arts and Crafts time.

A street vendor on the path is selling chocolate bars, shouting to get attention.

CRUNCHIES! 2 FOR €1!

Give us 2 there.

He hands over the coin and takes the bars. He hands one to Anto and unwraps the other. He takes a bite and spits it out.

That's as stale as Karnage.

They throw them both in the bin.

In all honesty Frankie, shouldn't you be thinking more about Kingdom Come.

I'm ready, don't have a fit. I didn't get where I am, the Elite X title, by sitting on my arse. I've takenon WZCW's wrestling's finest. And I've beaten them. No. I've destroyed them. And Karnage will be no different. He thinks he has me in the palm of his hand. Well, that's where he's going to fuck up, when I come from behind and kick his head in. Then who'll be laughing. Here's a tip, the one with hair.

We can both hold onto memories from the past, but only one of us will hold onto the Elite X title after Kingdom Come. I'll walk in with the title, and leave through the doors with a glint in my eye and tears in yours, as the blood pours from every part of your body. And then you'll need these to wipe the blood, sweat and tears from your miserable little face.

He takes out a box of Kleenex from Anto's bag and throws it onto the ground.

At Kingdom Come, the biggest show of the year, the Era of the celtic destroyer will continue. And Karnage, your era, the Era of incompetence, will end where it began. In a loss. Excpet this time, you won't come back.

They both walk to a taxi and signal him.

Temple Bar, mate. I need some drinks.

Exeunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo