• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AS13 - USA vs. Frankie Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
AS133.jpg

After last week's shock pin over Everest, USA will look to finish with the other opponent in that match, Frankie Smith. Former Elite X Champion Smith has been on an odd path of late, but he will no doubt be motivated to do what Everest couldn't last week. Who will pick up the important piece of momentum and gain attention from management for potential title opportunities?

Deadline is Tuesday 6th April 23:59 EST

We return to Patriot's Gym. The scene is completely different. There is no more corps. There is no more large wrestling ring. There are weights and benches. One man sits alone on a bench, looking spent. Sweat pours down his face. The general walks in with a bottle of water. She sets it down beside him and hands him a towel. USA grabs it and wipes his face. He looks up at the general and smiles.

USA: You know, Lee, that talk you gave to me, it really helped. I was down, I admit it, but you, you picked me up.

General Lee DesArming: Well, thanks champ, but it was you, you alone, who made the step forward. You just needed to be reminded of how skilled you are.

USA: Well, that's good to hear, but I couldn't have done it without you. You're like Mack Brown, or any other great coach. You are a master motivator. I would love it if you would begin coming to the ring with me. I mean, I think having you out there would help me quite a bit.

GLD: You don't need me, but I would love to if you want me to.

USA: I would. That pin last week, while it boosted my confidence, I imagine it boosted my status in WZCW. I mean, after losing all those big matches, I won. Not only did I win, I got the pin. I've watched professional wrestling my whole life. In any good company, a pin like that would elevate you. Now, in WWE, it never would have been mentioned again, but thank God I don't work for them. WZCW gives you the chances you earned. I know I couldn't have done it without Titus, but he couldn't have done it without me. And, it's starting this week. Frankie Smith has been at the top for a while, albeit though nefarious means. This week, I need to take him down to continue. If I am ever going to achieve me goal, these are the matches I need to win, and I can't do it without you.

GLD: That's not true, and you know it. You don't need me. All I did was-

USA: All you did was save my career. Do you know how close I was to rejoining the Marines and ending this game? I was on my way put the door. I was about to tell a bunch of kids that when the going get tough, they should quit. You saved me. You saved the kids. That's all that you did. So, I ask again, will you be with me, not only behind the scenes, but all the time?

GLD: Yes. Yes, I will be with you.

USA: You will be my manager. Like any coach, you call the shots. My goal of empowering the weak and standing up for what is moral is up to you. I trust you to steer my career in the right direction. Hell, you did it without my even asking before last week. Now, I am asking, I am begging, help me be what I want to be. Tell me what I need to do.

GLD: Follow your heart Ulysses. Follow your morals. Do what you need to do to get to the top. From that platform you can show the world that being moral and working hard get you to the top.

USA: Unlike Frankie Smith, who got there by cheating, by associations, by making sure he was at the right place at the right time. Well, this week, with us united, he will be in the right place, but it will sure as hell be at the right time. I now have you behind me, along with millions and millions of kids, of hard working Americans, of Marines. I feel unstoppable. I feel that, with you behind me, I can take on the world.

USA stands and salutes, but the General tells him to sit back down.

GLD: I am here for you. I will help guide you. You can't salute me. It's not right. I am here to help you, not command you. In the end, all of the advice I give you will not keep you from doing what you think is right. I am here to guide, not to lead, and there is a difference. Start with Frankie. He is not a good man. So, you have to beat him. How can we go about that?

USA: I am stronger. I have to be aware. He is going to try and cheat at some point. Just yell to me when he does. Don't let him hit me in the back. That's all I need. Can you do that for me.

GLD: (smiling) Of course I can. If all you need is some extra eyes and a swift kick in the ass, well, I can do that.

She smiles at him and he smiles back. USA looks motivated and happy. For the first time since joining WZCW, he looks focused on the man in front of him instead of leading the men behind him.

USA: I feel better. I feel like a monkey is off of my back. I feel like Frankie Smith is the unluckiest SOB in the entire country. I downed his partner last week. He saw what happened. He has to be a bit uneasy about entering the ring with me. I need to use that to my advantage. And, with you behind me, General, my advantage is considerable. I can now focus on being an example of how to earn success. I can focus on avoiding shortcuts and winning. I feel like a real American. I feel like a success story. I feel.....like a shower. General, let's get out of here.

Without, they rise, USA heads to the showers, and GLD heads to the office. The lights go out and the last thing we see is the General smiling and USA looking relaxed.

The scene sets in an apartment, covered in a mess of clothes, pizza boxes, beer cans and items that have become unrecognizable. Frankie lies in the epicentre, flat out in the middle of the floor. He appears to be unconscious, untill his arm moves and reaches out for a can of Carlsberg that's right beside him. he grasps, misses, and gives up. He lets out a sigh as Anto bursts through the door.

Anto: Get up you lazy cunt! We have work to do!

Frankie is unresponsive. Anto walks over to him angrily

I said, GET UP! You won't regain your title sitting around like a fat fool, lazing in your sorrows.

He sticks up his finger.

I'm lying around, if you haven't noticed.

Don't get sarcastic with me

The correct term is pedantic actually

Just get. The. Fuck. UP! You won't reg-
He interrupts
I heard you the first time. And maybe I don't want it back.

What? You're not serious? You can't be. What happened to you?

He finally sits up

Maybe I've realized that it was all a bit too much effort, and that I'd rather get by while sitting here all day.

Anto is speechless.

It took me ages of hard work to get that title, and even more to hold on to it, to keep it out of the grubby paws of the less fortunate such as Zander and USA, toiling day in, day out. This. Well, it's easier. Just like driving rather than walking, taking an escalator rather than stairs, the fat chick from a group. They all might not be the best for you, but they're sure as hell less effort.

Y'know what, fuck you! Fuck you, and this whole new philosophy you seem to have generated on your career.

Not just my career, my life.

Anto ignores him.

Do you honestly think you'd be here if all you did was take the easy way out, taking shortcuts?

Of course not. But that's the point. Like those billionaires you see that spend their time playing golf and fucking Russian models. They do the hard work. Like really work their asses off and then get to relax for the rest of their life. Well, during the day at least. If you know what I mean....

He smiles but anto stares at him angrily

If you're going to be like that, well than I'm not going to waste my time here, trying to persuade you to see the stupidity in your head and get on the right track. I'm gone, call me if you decide to get in touch....with sanity.

He walks out the door, slamming it behind him.

Who said I wanted to get in touch with that cunt. This is much more fun.

He stands up, and discovers that he was sitting on a slice of half eaten pizza. He grabs it, looks at it, debating in his mind whether to eat it or not, before shrugging his shoulders and taking a bite. He gets up, saunters over to the fridge, where he grabs a beer, before rushing to the sink and vomiting the pizza back up.

Won't be eating that again.

He tosses it in the bin, before walking over and sitting on the couch in front of the TV. He searches for the remote and turns it on.

Yes! The Mentalists on.

He opens the can and takes a chug. He watches the tv, as the camera shows his face, gradually changing from a mild smile, to a frown, to an angry look spreading across his face. He fills with anger, before exploding. He lets out a roar, before standing up and swinging a wild punt at his TV. The glass smashes and sparks fill the air as the light from the TV exists the room. The room is only lit by a small lamp in the corner.

Frankie stands over the TV, a look of fury over his face. Clenched fists, grinding teeth. He shouts:

USA! BOY, I'M READY FOR A FIGHT! I'VE DONE WHAT YOUR BODY AND BONES WILL DO AT ASCENSION!

I'VE SNAPPED!

Anto bursts through the door.

Frankie, I was waiting at the door while I got a call. Are you okay?

Define okay. If by okay, you mean am I ready to beat the shit into somebody, then sure.

Awesome! So why the change of mind. What happened to your new attitude.

What are you on about?

Can you remember anything that just happened?

He pauses, looks around and points at the Tv

What the fuck happened to my TV?

Anto stares at him, puzzled.

Jesus, this place is a mess.

Exeunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads