AS8 - John Smith vs. Everest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Like Titus, Everest will be looking to gain as much momentum as he can before facing off at Kingdom Come. Through his own personal choice, he's decided to give newcomer John Smith a match to show how deadly a champion he is. Will John Smith show Everest that experience isn't necessary to win or will Everest show why Titus will not have an easy challenge at Kingdom Come?

Deadline is Tuesday 15th December 23:59 EST

A security camera of the arena's toilet fades in. Smith is washing his hands in the sink. Becky walks in, sees him and walks over to him. He turns and jumps.

Smith- Damn it, Becky!

Becky- Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you, I just wanted to ask your thoughts about tonight.

He pauses for a second.

Smith- Tonight?

Becky- Your debut match with Everest.

Smith- Oh, yeah. To tell you the truth I completely forgot about that

Becky- You forgot about your debut match with Everest...You realise he's the World champion?

Smith- Yes, I realise that! It's called being sarcastic.

Smith looks around.

Smith- Why are we in a toilet?

Becky- I needed to interview you and found you here.

Smith- Why were you looking here?

Becky- What?

Smith points to the door

Smith- It says 'men's'

Becky- Well, yeah, I mean you wouldn't be in the Women's bathroom.

She starts laughing until she sees the look on Smith's face. Smith walks off and Becky runs after him. The camera changes to one in the corridor.

Becky- Smith!

She catches up with him. He just sneers at her.

Smith- You again?

Becky- Yeah. Hi...Your thoughts?

Smith- Are we still on this?

Becky- Yes...

Smith sighs.

Smith- OK. Clearly we need to get on the same page. I'm not giving an interview.

He walks off again. Becky shouts after him.

Becky- Where are you going?

Smith- To pay Everest a little visit.

Becky stares at him before running after him.

Becky- Pay him a visit...what does that mean?

Smith- It means, I'm gonna give him a little pre-match...motivation

Becky- Don't mess with Everest, John. He knows what he's doing

Smith- And I don't?

Becky hesitates, not knowing how to answer.

Smith- I've dominated everyone I've ever wrestled. Don't think I can't take him.

He walks off again.

Becky- John, at least tell me your real name!

He pauses and takes a step back.

Smith- No-one, and I mean No-one knows my name. And they never will.

Becky- Then tell me how you plan on beating the World champion?

Smith sighs again.

Smith- This is how I see it. In my first match here, I've been placed against the World champion. Surely that means I don't need to worry about a contract, or a definite place here.

Becky- Well, actually...

Smith- Shutup! I've been placed against the best, because I am the best! I deserve to be against the world champion, just as he deserves everything I'm going to do to him. I'm going straight to the top...because I deserve it! If he dares stand in my way in my rise to the top...he will pay.

Smith walks off, leaving Becky.

The scene opens in a fairly tiny changing room. After just a short second we see WZCW Champ: Everest standing there, beside him is a WZCW employee and to say the least the champion is NOT pleased.

EVEREST: What the hell is this? A Santa suit? Are you kidding me? I’m the World Champion! The best of the best and these people want to dress me up like some fashion-less fat tub of lard. I mean damn have you seen me. I’m a physical specimen, there is no way in hell anyone is going to mistake me for some soft bellied sleigh riding, reindeer jerky eating present giver. I’m not doing this!!!

EMPLOYEE: Sir you have to, the WZCW signed a contract. Come on…….it’s… for the kids.

EVEREST: THE KIDS? Oh you mean those ingrates who worshipped and adored me, the kids who waited on my every word and then when I followed through decided to turn their backs and disrespect me? Do you mean those kids?

EMPLOYEE: Ummm… well yeah I…..well no I mean those kids who won the WZCW.com sweepstakes we had running over the last 3 months.

EVEREST: I don’t give a rat’s ass what cockamamie scheme Myles concocted to get his name in Vanity Fair magazine again. I’m NOT doing it! I’m the champ, I’m the flag bearer for this rag tag organization and I’m not going to be made to look like an ……

(With that Everest’s phone rings prompting the champ to pick it up and answer rather disgustedly)

EVEREST: WHAT? Huh? Oh this weeks opponent? I don’t give a damn who I’m facing this week. I’ve got more pressing matters at the moment, call me when you have something worth while to talk about, like my next contract extension.

(Everest slams the end button and tosses the phone on the couch)

EVEREST: Damn agent. First he somehow gets me dragged into this mess and then he calls to tell me I’ve gotta fight some guy named John Smith. You here that? John Smith. My damn agent can’t even get me the guys name he just called him John Smith.

How can a champion of my caliber be saddled with such an idiot agent. If he wasn’t my cousin I’d have kicked him to the curb by now. I hear Scott Boras may be looking for new clients.

My Lord John Smith?

EMPLOYEE: ‘cuse me sir?

EVEREST: WHAT?

EMPLOYEE: Well his name really is John Smith. Apparently he doesn’t want anyone to know his real name or some……

EVEREST: What? Are you saying I really am wrestling a guy named John Smith? So this guy is gonna step into the ring with the champ so scared he’s afraid to tell anyone his real name. Damn I guess I’d be scared too if I had to face the World Champion in the ring. Well you tell Mr. Smith that it won’t matter what name he comes to the ring as, he’s going to leave the ring with just one moniker: LOSER! It’s not all bad though, I mean he will be in a pretty elite company. People like Steamboat Ricky, Lars Rieder, Joseph Rios and so many others. Hell the group’s getting so big I hear they are handing out membership cards.

Look Smith,I'll give it too you straight. This isn't gonna be rocket science for you. I know you're probably full of spirit right now thinking hey the company most really like me, putting me in the ring with the Champ and all. Well Johnny boy, it's gonna be rather simple. You see you'll come down to the ring, strut your stuff to the crowd. Hell you'll probably be riding the adrenaline enough you'll even get in a few good shots on the champ. And then reality will send you crashing down to the mat, courtesy of a Rock Slide. Then you John Smith will realize that you've just been pinned. But once again don't worry to much, I mean what more did you expect when you get in the ring with EVEREST. I'll put in a good word for you with the rest of the Vanquished Everest opponents group. Maybe I can get you one of those membership cards.

EMPLOYEE: Excuse me again sir but we really need to get going.

EVEREST: Didn’t I tell you I wasn’t doing this piece of sh….
(With that a knock at the door comes, and in steps a tall beautiful Brunette dressed in a Ms. Claus suit, you know the kind, skimpy and tiny and very very tight. Let’s just say she fills it out well.)

EVEREST: Well, Hello sweetheart. What can the champ do for you today?

MS. CLAUS: Well the kids are getting restless, I was just wondering how long you were going to be?

EVEREST: (Grabbing the outfit) I’ll be right there. Hey peon, I need you to make sure a copy of this tape gets back to WZCW.com office alright. I want Titus to hear this. Can you do that?

EMPLOYEE: Yes sir.

EVEREST: Good it’s about time you did something besides standing there making the wall look smart.

Hey Titus don’t think that I’ve forgotten about you because I haven’t. I heard you talking about our past and how you just want to be forgiven. I heard you talking about how the fans have forgiven you and how excited you are to have your opportunity. Well there’s still one thing I don’t want YOU to forget; you’re stepping into the ring with the best there is, period! Bar none! And to me this match is like no other. You see I’ve defended my title time and time again. Against Steamboat Ricky it wasn’t personal it was business. Against Lars it was about respect! Back in the day against Rios it was about honor and fairness. And now Titus….now it’s about revenge and it IS personal. I haven’t forgotten what you did to me. Not one bit! So when you come after my title, after my destiny, you aren’t going to get a man just trying to keep his gold. Not this time Titus. What you are going to find awaiting you is a man out for revenge and a champion who’s made it personal. I’ll be waiting Titus, I’ll be waiting to see if you have what it takes to climb the mountain, or if you’re just another lost climber who’ll become a sad victim of a Rockslide.

(With that Everest can be seen pulling on the Santa costume pants and as he buttons up the shirt and puts on the beard and hat he heads for the door. As the door opens we can hear kids screaming at the top of their lungs, prompting one final quote from Everest just loud enough for the cameras to pick up)

EVEREST: Ah shut up you little half pint ingrates. (Then louder and directed at the crowd) HO HO HO Santa’s here. Who wants some loot?

With that the camera fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back