Are There Any Famous People From Your Area? And What Were They Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are fucking loads of famous people who come from where I live, espicially footballers, heres just a few:

Bobby Moore - Only England Captain to win the World Cup & West Ham legend
Alf Ramsay - Only England Manager to win the World Cup
Trevor Brooking - West Ham legend
John Terry - Current England Captain
Lennox Lewis - former Boxing Champion
Dudley Moore - Actor
Sandie Shaw - Singer who went to the same school as me!
Paul Konchesky - Footballer who plays for West Ham (also used to play with my brother)

Let's see

Pharrell- Rapper/ Producer

Missy Elliot- Rapper

Timbaland- Rapper

Allen Iverson- Basektball player

Mike Vick- Football player

David Wright- Baseball player for New York Mets

Ryan Zimmerman- Baseball player for Washinton Nationals

Justin Verlander - Baseball Player for Detroit Tigers

Alonzo Morning- Basketball player

Mark Ruffalo- Actore was in 13 Going On 30, Windtalkers and a few others

Clipse- Rap group.

Pat Robertson- Ran for President.. he is that crazy guy who does The 700 Club TV show

Bruce Smith- Football player. Played for Buffalo Bills and Washington Redskins

Perry Ellis- Fashion desginer

Plaxico Burres- Football player New York Giants

Lefy Drissell- College basketball coach.

Mike Tomlin- Coach of the Pittsbirgh Steelers

BJ Upton- Baseball player Tampa Bay Devil Rays

DeAngleo Hall- Football player Atlanta Falcons

Dre Bly- Football player Detriot Lions

Ricky Rudd- nascar driver

Pernell "Sweetpea" Whitkar- Fromer pro boxer. Named one of the 50 Greatest Boxers.. Won multiple titles and 1984 Light Hevayweight Gold Medal winner in the Olympics

Also since this is a wrestling site let me throw in Tatanaka is from here and so is Magnum TA.. Now thats all the famous people from my area I could think of. It's alot of dam people I know I'm missing some

There's MANY famous people from the Chicago area, but I will get more specific with the exact town I live in. The Macho Man Randy Savage came from Downers Grove, IL. The best part is I went to the same High School he once attended as well as played baseball for.

I just remembered one that's from here in Atherton (the second worst town in Australia, the leader is Mareeba, nearby). He's the current Premier of Queensland. The 'Honourable' Peter Beattie. Apparently he went to my High School. He very well could be the most successful person to come from Atherton as well. Never met him though, don't really care much for politicians.

there is a soccer player called luis hernandez and i hate him
because everytime i see him, he is drunk!!!!
and i dont like beers

YOU DON'T LIKE BEERS?!?!?!?!??!??!?!?! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU AND WHAT FOREIGN PLANET DO YOU COME FROM?!?!???!

HERESY! OUTRAGEOUS! UNFATHOMABLE!

Oh yeah and I'm really not making this up, Nicolas Cage just moved in about 5 miles from my house here in Newport, RI. My sister saw him the other day apparently and he was really nice about giving her an autograph and whatnot, not like some prick celebrities are.

well being from Pennsylvania there have been several Hall of Famers in football like Joe Namath who was from Beaver Falls, Joe Montana who was born in New Eagle which is a borough of Monongahela and went to Ringgold high school. Tony Dorsett who is from Rochester. Johnny Unitas who is from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania, and Dan Marino who was born in raised in Oakland which is Pittsburgh PA. A current Quarterback Marc Bulger is who was born in Pittsburgh PA and lastly is TNA star Kurt Angle.

Well, I'm a resident CT, but I was BORN in CA, in the same hospital as Will Ferrell. Oh yeah I just remembered. Where I'm from, there's only one slightly famous person. He's an actor named John Ashton. You know him best as Det. Sgt. Taggart from the Beverly Hills Cop movies, and Robert DiNero's rival bounty hunter Marv Dorfler in Midnight Run. We actually had the same Film Study teacher, Doc Taylor. He showed us Midnight Run at the end of the course for fun before finals. Very funny movie.

I'm from a little town named St.Thomas and it's in Ontario,Canada, near London for those who knoiw. Anddd there's a couple famous people from this little town.

We've got Rachel McAdams who has starred in such movies as Wedding Crashers, Mean Girls, Red Eye and The Notebook.

We've also got one of the top NHL Superstars who currently plays for the San Jose Sharks, Joe Thornton =).

Brock Lesnar use to work out at my gym. The drawback to this is no one can make you feel like less of a man than Brock. The first time he came in I was upright rowing 145 lbs. Brock comes in and grabs two plates and twirls them around over his head for a warm up. I thought to myself wow, I'm a wuss.

There are several, and one of them is a wrestler.

Sean Waltman lives about 10-15 mins from my house. I also live near Flip Saunders (NBA head coach), Kevin Garnett, and Prince.

lets see there are actually a few people from my are we have poker player Phil Helmuth who went to the same school as me and we also have Chris Farley who was born and raised here in madison and Im sure theres alot more but I cant think of them

The metal band Mudvayne (two of them are also in the band Hellyeah) is from across the river in Peoria
Jim Thome who is a pro baseball player now for the white sox grew up here
Joe Girardi who used to play pro baseball and and manage is from here
Shaun Linginston who plays pro basketball for the clippers (when he isn't hurt, the guy wheighs like 11 pounds)

there's a professional runner Tim someting from here
a former football player name Clatt

there's no real big names I guess all kind of minor celebs

David Bowey was born in the same town I was - Bromley. I think that's pretty cool, even though I don't like his music. Ah, good ol' Bromley. Other than that, and a few people that made huge scientific breakthroughs three hundred or so years ago that nobody cares about, no, my area sucks for celebrities.

I'm just going to say, to make a point, shouldn't the title of this thread be "Are there any famous people?"

Is there doesn't make grammatical sense.

To keep with the thread, the reggae band UB40 are from Birmingham. And they're quite good, apparently.

The back up QB for the green bay packers, aaron rodgers is from my area, and I actually played against him in a High school playoff game. I was a freshman, and he was a senior. We lost. That fucker lol

steven jackson is from las vegas,he plays RB for the St. Louis Rams in the NFL.
Jimmy kimmel, late night talk show host also used to live in las vegas
andre agassi,retired tennis player also was born and still lives here
greg maddux baseball player went to my old high school has the school's field name after him.Barry zito is also from here
Kyle and kurt busch, nascar drivers were born here

On July 3rd 2006 after a Supershow, the one where Van Dam was stripped of the title for getting caught with drugs, I met Lilian Garcia. She was beyond cool. Very polite and respectful to the fans.

As for a "Hollywood big name", Johnny Depp.
At the beginning of this past September I was on vacation in Floridia with a few family members. I believe it was a Tuesday we were all at Magic Kingdom. My 5 year old niece says out of nowhere, "it's Jack Sparrow". I thought she meant a meet and greet character for the parks. I look up and see Johnny Depp with his kids and girlfriend. It amazes me how some celebs can keep their cool being mobbed by countless of strangers everytime they go out in public. Nice guy, shook his hand and my niece got her picture with the "real Jack Sparrow".

EDIT: Sorry, sorry, wrong thread. Could a staff member please move this post to here
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=10666

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back