Are There Any Famous People From Your Area? And What Were They Like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
There isnt many from Stoke.

There's Robbie Williams who sing's apparently. Not my sort of music. He's probably the only truly famous person.

Phil Taylor who's a dart's player. Not that I could care less about darts.

And apparently Slash from Guns 'N' Roses is from Stoke.

Well from where I live not really, i mean there is a few AFL Footy players from down this way, Kasey Chambers used to live here, though i have heard her in interviews denying it, anyway her music sucks... apart from that noone

In my community there is Wayne Bartlett, a singer/song writer. I do not know if anybody on here has heard of him but he is a little bit famous.

There are tons.

Some that come to mind off the top of my head:

Chris Benoit was born here.

Pretty much any quebec born wrestler.

Donald Sutherland I think.

William Shatner.

I'll post more as i remember them, lol.

From Bakersfield Cali all we have is like Joey Porter player on the Miami Dolphins, um David Carr player on the Carolina Panthers and ummmm oh yeahj Kevin Harvick from nascar and i umm i'll think thats it lol

Kerry Collins and Frank Reich (QB's in the NFL), Sam Bowie (NBA player) and "The Lethal Weapon" Steve Blackman are from my town. The bands Poison and Fuel are both from towns about 30 minutes from me. That's all I am aware of.

well deserving... I love Korn. I may come to Bakersfield just to check out the road. lol.

You Should.. and I'll be ur personal tour giude :D.lol and hey when they do shows here they go all out it is pretty awesome

woo hoo!!!! so when should i be expecting lol

Humm portland well there QB reject Joey Harrington, NBA all time games played leader AC Green

i live in small beecher illinois by balmoral race track, about 35-40 miles south of chicago

milt pappas, former cubs and orioles pitcher, who threw a no hitter, which coulda been a perfect game if the ump wouldnt of called strike 3 on the last batter ball 4, lives here

Johnny Cash, just one of the many many country music and rock and roll singers that were either born in Nashville, or reside in Nashville.

Bubbles off of the "Trailer park boys".
Colin white, jon simm , derrek wasler, joey madonald, all NHL players
George Canyon country signer
JD fourtune lead signer in INXS
Rocky Johnson the rocks dad, weird how hes from nova scotia
Jason macdonald ufc

I Was born in London so probably loads but where i live now in Gloucester the only famous person i can think of is Simon Pgg who is the star of 'Shaun Of The Dead' and 'Hot Fuzz'.

Actually Justin Credible is right from where I live. South Ozone Park, New York. Its pretty cool knowing someone famous lived where you live now. I'm not sure if he still lives here though. 50 cent also lives in Jamaica, New York which is about 15 minutes or so depending on traffic from where I live. 50 cent now lives in Conneticut though.

Let's see...who's from Rhode Island....well let's see...Mena Suvari is from my town, Newport. She was the chick in American Beauty. Brother Runt/Spike Dudley is from Lincoln, RI which is like 20 minutes from here (nowhere in Rhode Island is more then forty minutes away). John F. Kennedy used to have a vacation home here when he was alive, and he got married only a few blocks from where I live actually.

Richard Hatch (the winner of the original Survivor) lives about five minutes from my house. Or he did until he was put in jail for tax evasion. Used to go to school with his son---what a fucked up family. Kid apparently used to get raped by his dad. Piece of shit. Kid was still an asshole though and I remember we got into a fight once, which I won. What did you expect, the kid was like 100 pounds tops at the time.

The Farrely Brothers, who made Dumb & Dumber and There's Something About Mary are from here as well, they used to live in Providence.

Oh yeah and the man himself HP Lovecraft (wrote the story that was the basis for the film Re-Animator among others) was born in Providence as well. Best horror writer, ever.

That's all that comes to mind.

Mick foley lives on town over from me. Same with chad pennington.

Sheffield (england, not the american one) there's loads!!!!

I went to school and still stay in touch with the Arctic Monkeys, other musicians such as Jarvis Cocker (pulp (mooned Michael Jackson at the brit awards)) Def Leppard

There's a few around Birmingham. I'll split it into 2 categories:

Born in Brum.

Big Pat Roach (Wrestler and Actor)
Ozzy Osbourne (Musician)
Simon Le Bon, Nick Rhodes, John Taylor and Roger Taylor (Musicians - Duran Duran)

Lived in Brum

Stan Collymore (Footballer)
Frank Skinner (Comedian)
Mike Skinner (Musician - The Streets)
Simon, Daniel and Dean Sturridge (Footballers)
J.R.R Tolkein (Author - Lord of the Rings)

There are some cool people from Cleveland:

LeBron James (basketball)
Troy Smith (football)
Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (rappers)
The Miz
Nicky from the Spirit Squad (my brother went to school with him)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back