Apocalypse: Mark Keaton versus Mikey Stormrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
A rivalry that goes back to Kingdom Come. Mark Keaton did everything he could to ensure Justin Cooper walked out as World Champion. Now, as a member of Vis Imperium he has continued to target Mikey Stormrage along with several other members of the roster. Vis Imperium, with support of Mr. Banks, have been allowed to run riot over WZCW. Mikey Stormrage looks to stand up to that injustice by taking on Mark Keaton. He has been attacked, left bleeding on the canvas and had everything taken away from him. Stormrage is focused on putting an end to the evil Vis Imperium. Will Stormrage gain some justice or will Mark Keaton deliver a rude awakening to the former World Champion?

RP DEADLINE IS TUESDAY THE 25TH OF APRIL AT 23:59 EST. EXTENSIONS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST

Mark Keaton’s Modest Home, Toronto Ontario Canada….6:32 PM.

Mark Keaton sat in his 80’s room inside his home, he had a Star Wars robe on and his golden hair was sticking straight up from a night of hard partying. An attractive brunette was laying sideways across his lap, clearly hung over and slowly chewing her bubble gum. Mark sipped his beer and stared blankly at the V.H.S tape that sat on top of the twenty inch Electrolux Television across the room. The faded penmanship on the tape read- KC7 - Mikey Stormrage vs Matt Tastic -

Mark concentrated very hard on the tape, he narrowed his eyes and tried to move the tape to the VCR with the force. The tape didn’t budge. He lowered his head and was about to ask the groupie who’s name he completely forgot to play the tape, but his beer distracted him and he gulped another mouthful.

“Sir Keaton,” Mark’s really old butler entered the room, “a man claiming to be the WZCW Heavyweight Champion is here. Shall I let him in?”

Mark smiled ear to ear, he nodded and the butler left the room. He told the groupie to scram, she gave Mark a cold look and gathered her stuff to leave.

Justin Cooper strolled in the 80’s room wearing a dark blue suit and tie. He did a small whistle as he took in his surroundings. There was a pink leather couch that was occupied by Keaton, an arcade Pac-Man game in the corner right next to the six foot tall Voltron statue. Rocky, Star Wars, Ghostbusters, Gremlins and Nintendo posters adorned the walls.

“Hey champ,” Mark smiled and nodded towards the tape, “do you mind putting that in man? I need to do some studying.”

Cooper walked over and put the tape in the VCR and pressed play. He walked over and caught a beer from Keaton before sitting down on the couch next to the young rocker.

“Super Justin Cooper, it’s been awhile since you’ve been in a Mark Keaton RP.” Mark sat back a little and lit a smoke.

“I missed you kid, ever since Vis Imperium swallowed you I haven’t had any time to hang out with you. Plus, being the champion can be a twenty four hour photo shoot.” Cooper breathed on his knuckles and rubbed it on his chest in a display of mock arrogance.

“Piss off, old man!” Mark yell laughed and took a slap swing at Cooper, both old pals laughed.

“Speaking of V.I, where are your running mates?” Cooper lit his own smoke now as he watched Matt Tastic make his way down to the ring. He wondered why Keaton watched this old 80’s television when he had a 100 inch Samsung in his living room.

“Bah, Big John is getting some alone time to focus on Tyrone Blades and Xander is doing the same with his manager Adonis. I figured I better do some studying on Stormrage while I had the time. Stupid Stormrage, I didn’t even know I was fighting the dude until after my tag match.” Mark took a long drag of his smoke and flicked the ashes on the floor.

On the screen, Matt and Mikey exchange lefts and rights until Stormrage used a double leg takedown to scrap with his opponent on the canvas. The ref looked like he was ready to break both wrestlers up.

“You can’t underestimate this man Mark,” Cooper said in a low voice as he watched the match, “he’s a smart brawler, a power wrestler and has the heart and stamina you wouldn’t expect from a man that size. You can’t play around and try to punish him like you tried with Tyrone Blades.”

“That was under orders from Mr. Banks and Constantine. They told us to focus on Tyrone and hurt him. I let my ego get in the way during the match when I had him down. I’ll probably make the same mistake again.” Mark sipped his beer then crushed it.

Cooper laughed and bobbled his smoke, “At least you’re honest mate!”

Both men laughed again.

On the 20 inch screen, Stormrage used the turnbuckle to hold himself up as he took in some deep breaths, he was sweaty and stared at Matt across the ring, the crowd’s were electric. He ran across and missed a big knee.

“See? There is your advantage Mark. You have the speed advantage over him. You have to use that against him.” Cooper finished his beer and placed it on the glowing green table next to the couch.

“What if you came to the ring to help me out? I’d get you a cushiony spot right on Vis Imperium dude! I’m sure Constantine wouldn’t mind having the world champion himself on the team. What do you say to that man!?”

Cooper rubbed his chin, making on like he was making a decision.

“No. I have my own problems kid. I’ve got Garth Black to try and defend against. Plus I’m done joining factions with Constantine. Why don’t you ask one of them to come down to the ring?”

Mark just shook his head and continued to watch the television. Cooper wanted to say more, perhaps warn the man about the nature of Constantine….but he didn’t want to ruin things for Mark. The kid seemed happy with the piles of extra money and position within Vis Imperium.

“Sure, I help you win the WZCW Heavyweight Championship but you can’t even help me with the same guy.”

The words cut deep with Cooper. The kid was right, he did everything to help him out at Kingdom Come. There was nothing he could do to repay that back. He lost his tag titles, lost his chance at The Mayhem Title and here Justin was, still on the high hill as World Champion, thanks in part to Mark Keaton.

“Look, Mark…”

“Get out Cooper. I want to be alone for a bit so I can study this match.” Keaton pointed to the door without looking his old friend in the eyes.

“Hey, look let me explain something…” Cooper was turning a bit red as he straightened his collar out of awkwardness.

“Just go man. I don’t know why you came by in the first place. What did you want me to do? Huh? Want me to get rough on you and throw you out of my house?!” Keaton stood up and threw his robe off, he was in his underwear with lipstick smears all over his chest.

Cooper raised his hands in surrender. He slowly stood up and looked at the young man directly in his blue eyes. Both men stood there for a moment, defiant to be the first one to move. Cooper lifted his fist quickly as if to strike and Keaton flinched. The WZCW Heavyweight Champion walked towards the door, he stopped and turned back, he opened his mouth to say something, like he was sorry, but he just closed his mouth again and shook his head. He vanished around the corner.

Keaton lifted his bare, muscular leg and stomped down hard on the green, glowing table. It broke neatly in a star shape around his foot and his leg went right through it. He kicked the table across the room and it knocked over the Voltron statue. He picked up his robe and threw it around his shoulders.

“Here is your winner! Mikey Stormrage!” Anderson announced from the television.

“Oh ya?! Fuckin winner are you?! We’ll SEE ABOUT THAT!” Mark stormed across the room and punched the VCR off of the television, causing the screen to static and shut off. He picked up the television and smashed it off the wall, breaking the screen in the process.

“Mr. Keaton. Is this a bad time? There’s a Johnny Klamor here, he said he wants a few words.” Keaton’s old butler tried to keep a calm expression as he could clearly see what kind of wild mood Keaton was in.

“Oh does he?! It just so happens I HAVE a few words man! Let’s have at it then!”

Johnny Klamor straightened his checkered sports jacket as he stood waiting at the front door to the Keaton Home. The rude butler told him he’d contact Keaton, but that was at least five minutes ago now. He could hear footsteps approaching the door, he turned and nodded at his cameraman to start rolling.

Mark Keaton ripped open the door in his underwear.

“Oh, uh hello Mark! Johnny here! Just wondering if I can get a few words off you for the Pay Per View vs Stormrage?” Johnny held the microphone up to Keaton’s face. The rocker looked at the microphone incredulously.

“Didn’t we already have an interview by motorcycle Klamor?! Wasn’t that enough for you dude?!”

Cooper strolled in the camera shot now, determined to get off what he wanted to say earlier.

“Listen Mark! I’ve had few friends in my life. Those that I did have, I valued big time, mate. YOUR friendship, I hold the very highest. I feel like we have a friendship that can NEVER be broken. There, I just wanted you to know that.” Cooper looked like he was holding back tears.

“The WZCW Heavyweight Champion! Cooper, what are your thoughts heading into Apocalypse vs Garth Black?!” Klamor stuck the microphone in Cooper’s face now.

“Shut up Klamor! This is friendship time!” Mark grabbed the microphone and threw it out on the well kept yard. He grabbed Cooper’s shoulder and hauled him in for a hug.

Both men laughed and walked back inside the house, the door slammed in Klamor’s face. Klamor shook his head in despair. He nodded at the cameraman to cut the feed and they walked out to the lawn to retrieve the microphone. Right when Klamor bent down to pick it up, the grass sprinklers turned on, soaking both men and ruining all the equipment they were carrying.

Keaton and Cooper laughed from the kitchen window.

“What a turd! Ha ha ha! Ahh he’s got to be my favorite interview guy. Totally.” Keaton slapped Cooper on the back.

“Listen Mark,” Cooper smiled at his friend, “you don’t need help taking down Mikey Stormrage. From the moment we started tagging in WZCW I knew you were going to be special. Don’t prove me wrong kid. Go out there and win one for you, not Vis Imperium, not for all the sexy ladies, not for Canada, win it for Remarkable Mark Keaton.”

Hours later, Mark waved goodbye to Cooper and he drove out of the driveway in the dark. He stood on the concrete step leading to his front door and let the cool air cause goosebumps on his skin. He breathed in calmly and whispered to himself…

“Win one for Remarkable Mark Keaton.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back