Any Suggestions On Setting Up A Website

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
I know quite a few of you guys have your own websites that you use to do your own thing. I was thinking of setting one up for my design stuff/videos/writings in the vain hope of getting a design job. Any suggestions?

A digital portfolio is what every designer has. It's your CV, so yeah you need onde of those, but in all honesty it means zero. Want a job in that area? Just work on a diverse portfolio and send to every design agency and their family members, personalized to their focus job. Sell forniture? Visit showrooms, take awesome pictures and design everything for an item and send them. If they like, they'll contact you to have your work in every piece. Just dont go freelance or I'll advise you to follow SNS's instructions.

Work for free until you're worth something. It sucks but it's our reality.

If it's a gallery you're looking for, there's plenty of Wordpress themes that can fit that bill. Though to get them fully optimized it might cost you a pretty penny. Most themes cost about $60-$100 to have all their features installed. There's free websites you can use though, like Wix that are just Drag & Drop, easy to customize if you aren't looking to make money off the site but by getting hired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back