any good portsmouth players?

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Portsmouth Football Club has been issued with a winding-up petition by HM Revenue & Customs, the BBC has learned.

The petition was presented on 23 December, but a full court hearing will not take place until February.

If the club is unable to strengthen its financial position by then, the club could be declared bankrupt.

Portsmouth has been the subject of much takeover speculation and has reportedly been unable to pay some player wages in recent weeks.

The club currently lies bottom of the Premier League and has recently appointed ex-Chelsea manager Avram Grant to try to revive its fortunes on the pitch.

Transfer ban

Portsmouth has been the subject of takeover bids and speculation since the summer.

Dubai businessman Suleiman al-Fahim bought the club in August, having initially agreed a deal in May.

But after questions were raised about Mr al-Fahim's finances, he then sold on a 90% stake in the club to Saudi property tycoon Ali al-Faraj.

Despite promises of significant investment from its new owner, the club remains in financial difficulties.

It has even been banned from buying any new players until it pays off debts owed to other English clubs.

Portsmouth said it would be issuing a statement shortly.

Under manager Harry Redknapp, Portsmouth won the FA cup in 2008. However, since Mr Redknapp left for Tottenham Hotspur, the club's fortunes have been in decline.

It has sold many of its cup-winning team, some of which have moved to Spurs to rejoin Mr Redknapp.

Portsomouth should be enough to keep us safe, but I'd rather West Ham got tits up as well just to be certain.

wow I didn't realise it was that close at the bottom

There's 5 points between tenth and 19th, and there's still Birmingham to fall into that mire.

Megson's been sacked, and Bolton are shit, so I can't see them getting a good manager.

Portsmouth have got until February, then they're out of business. Their team is crap, but if I was a Championship manager, I'd buy Finnan.

yeah I read that too. Wouldn't surprise me.

Sky Sports saying that Jewells the fave for the job and Portsmouth have said they haven't been served by the HMRC. Hmmmmmmmmm I'm all for it, kinda wish it would happen to a top 4 club instead

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back