Harry Redknapp and England

Miko

WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?
"Lampard is a must play for England, and I am not just saying that because I am his uncle"

"I hope to god there's another World Cup in Gerrard, Lampard, Terry and Ferdinand"

Harry Redknapp making a fantastic case as to why he shouldnt be the next England manager.

Seriously, none of these guys have looked like winning an International trophy since 2002, a tournament which I'll be honest they were the second best team, they would never have beaten Brazil but they deserved to play them in the Final a lot more than Germany did that year. It has to be considered that in that year we still had Paul Scholes, Nicky Butt was our best player, Michael Owen was a lethal motherfucker in front of goal and Rio Ferdinand still had pace.

Pretty much all of that is missing now.

Surely whoevers in charge should be looking at newer players, King, Dawson, Lescott and Richards all play for teams which are potentially top four teams. Milner, Johnson, Walcott, Huddlestone, Wilshere (maybe later) and Lennon are the same. I am not calling these guys World beaters, but I think it's safe to say the old boys club have had their chance and blown it.

Dont really expect this thread to get many (if any) posts to be honest, but I just thought I'd chuck it out there.

Harry Redknapp also said, last season, Sol Campbell wasn't the worst trainer he had ever managed. Admitted he was world class but, still, the worst ever?!?! He then followed it up by saying instead of Campbell he thought Ledley Kind should get the England nod. Yes, that's the same Ledley King who can't train or play more then one game a week because of his ruined knees. The same King who's captain at Redknapp's club.

Redknapp's a cunt who plays up to his "Del Boy" image while, in general, being a two faced bastard. Never liked him as Pompey (then Southampton, what a judas cunt doing that) or Spurs manager. Would hate him as England boss.

I'd disagree with your list including Walcott though. As an Arsenal fan I want him to be the best but, sadly, he's too stupid to be able to do things productively with the ball when he has time to think. I'd put Wiltshire ahead of him, simply because he's well on the way to replacing Lampard (mainly due to age) and would help to end that "who plays with Gerrard" issue.

Alright dont really post much but being Spurs and that sort of feel the need to reply to this topic.

I hope Redknapp never gets the England job. Thats because i dont want him to leave Spurs. He knows to win you need the right mix of experience and youth. Everybody is saying "Oh we need to young ones to come through etc etc" and there is no doubt we should all be constintly building towards the future. Not blooding them all at the same time because it simply dosent work. Arsenal fans have been saying "we have a good team for the future" or "Our kids are gonna be unstopable" but hows that working for them? Not well is the simple awnser. Harry knows this and is why hes saying he hopes Gerrard and Lamps etc etc. Theres no substitute for experience at that level and he knows it.

He can also motivate as good as anyone out there and will get a reaction out of players.Hes wont be scared to say what he thinks and wont be scared to sub Rooney or any big name players for that or not start them at all. Lennon was one of our best players last season. He now starts on the bench. Last Seasons form counts for nothing and he woud play players based on his training with them and what hes seen personally.

When he says Campbell(Hate even typing that pricks name) is the worst trainer he probally means effortwise. Yet he is good when he step on the pitch. King cant train in every session but there no denying he give absobultley everything even considering hes knees are basically non exsistent. So imo King is a better trainer and player then Judas and should get the nod ahead of him.

Okay hes not exactly Mr.Loyal but he puts his all into everything he does and generally gets result. Theres no doubting that. He could really motivate England to great thing and not to mention get them playing good football. But I want him to stay at Spurs and continue buliding something special over the next few seasons.

I despise Redknapp. I really hope he doesn't get the England job. He's just a money grabbing arse, and when the money runs out he fucks off to where there is more money. Prime example of this was Portsmouth > Southampton > Portsmouth. Despite me being a Leeds fan I have no ill feelings towards Spurs, but I wish failure upon them just because Redknapp is there. Another thing I hate is the fact he just takes his mates everywhere he goes. Peter Crouch is a big example of this. I think Redknapps signed him about 4 times. Defoe is another (although a quality player) spending ridiculous amounts of money to bring his friends to the club.

'Arry Redknapp is a terrible manager who has only has success while the club has obscene amounts of money to spend.

He is the obvious pick, but it doesn't mean he will be any more successful than Mclaren was.

He plays (usually) attractive and attacking football which is something that I think would benefit this England team. We do have the individuals to play the "we will score one more than you" approach. Whether these individuals can play in a team is one matter that will need to be resolved pronto.

he wouldn't have the balls to drop someone like Rooney, that'd make more people dislike him. He's the bloke that gives it the big speech in his column saying that his players weren't allowed a crimbo party because what the man utd players did was a disgrace. If his players did it they'd be kicked out of the club. Then it comes out, two days later, his biggest names had ignored him and gone on the piss in Dublin. None were dropped or sold, he said he'd been "mis-quoted" and that "they'd been given permission to go".

He's full of shit and we'd be right back in the manager wanting to be everyones mate instead of doing the job that needs doing position of sven and the dutch man from the boro with the shiney teeth

Yeah but the players would probally want to play for Redknapp. Im not saying i want Capello out and I like him but the players under him at the World Cup looked unmotivated and aggietated by his strict regime. The players under preformed at the WC thats the reason we came home early,but the i believe the Managers ridgeness lets us down too. They looked like they couldnt wait to get home and I know that people would much rather play for someone they wanted to play under. Look at Terry Venables, Redknapps from the same mold managment stylewise.

The Xmas party was a shambles but delt with well and behind the scenes, the way it should be. Over December from the City game where we won 3-0 we was on good form and unbeaten until Jan if I rember. Why risk upsetting the whole momentum of what is an important time for us just to show that hes the gaffa. Deal with backstage and dont let it spill over to the pitch. If he did that with England we would be a better side no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back