An Idea of how to get Survivor Series back on track

KKKKwe

Occasional Pre-Show
So we all know Survivor Series has been lame since like 2006 but I have an idea that would make it better. So the only way to make SS better since the WWE is "Branded" is to just have Raw traditional Suvivor Series match and Smackdown traditional SS Matches. Reason I say this is because when they went cross branded teams in 06 or 07 the shows were intruiging as they were in 02 03 04. What made it lose its "Touch" was when they were cross branded teams they didnt build to anything as nobody from the other show would show up on Raw or Smackdown and the only way to make Survivor Series good is to build the ppv, so thats why i say keep the teams on there own brands as superstars from thereown brands will show up on there own show to promote there team and what not. So if u guys think its a good idea or have anyother opinions feel free to express urself

I like the idea. They should have two traditional Survivor Series matches, one with RAW teams and one with SMACKDOWN! teams. Then they could have a few single matches mixed in where they would put the titles on the line. They could have one world champ captain a team, while the other defends his title, just to mix things up and keep it fresh.
I think the days of having the PPV be full of tag matches is long gone. I have always been a fan of the Survivor Series PPV and would like to see the concept continue.

to be honest the suvivor series ppv could use the gimmick "suvivor" in otherwords the ss ppv should feature matches like championship scramble four ways 3 way or handy cap matches as well as the traditional ss match

I think that bringing back the branded survivor series elimination tag matches would be a great idea for three reasons:

1. The matches would actually feature feuds instead of random people just being throw into the match
2. It would give some superstars more PPV time (e.g Evan Bourne, MVP, Ted Dibiase)
3. It could save the survivor series PPV

I've always thought that ever since the brand split Survivor Series should be about which brand is better, I think right now they should get rid of Bragging Rights, and use that theme for Survivor Series, however instead of having one huge 14 man tag match, I would split it into two eight man traditional SS matches, or possibly three, with the third one being the Divas, but for the other two, one would feature two teams of established ME guys, and would have the WWE & WHC as the captains of the teams, the other would have the IC & US champs as the Captains and would feature more of the mid-card talent, I would also like to see the Tag titles on the line in either a turmoil or triple threat elimination match

I think the only reason we still have Survivor Series this year is because of the Nexus storyline. I remember Vince told that there will be no SS this year onwards but after they wrote the Nexus angle they might have wanted to keep it for another year.

I always liked the Survivor Series but they basically lost their spot of being one of the 4 big PPV's. I think there needs to be stables if they want to keep the show interesting. A feud between stables finalizing on Survivor series would be a good idea. However thinking of the fact that we don't even have too many tag teams makes this a bit unlikely.

It was said above, but I will say it again. If you want to make Survivor Series better and relevant again, get rid of bragging rights and give that premise to Survivor Series. It's not a hard concept to book.

You have your main event raw team vs main event smackdown team
mid card raw team vs mid card smackdown team.
raw divas vs smackdown divas
maybe raw tag teams vs smackdown tag teams (if any exist)

Then you have one of or both WWE and World titles defended and there is your ppv and whomever wins the most branded matches or has the most survivors wins bragging rights.

Do that and Survivor Series is relevant, easy.

I think what started the downfall of Survivor Serie was when they first added title matches. Before that it was always a break from the normal 1-on-1 matches and was something special to look forward to each year.

The first year (1987) had only 4 matches... Main event guys (Champ and top 9 contenders), Mid-card guys (Champ and top 9 contenders), Tag team (Champs and the other 9 tag teams) and a Women's match (with Champ and tag Champs plus the other contenders).

That was the best way to do it. Today, they could do it as 4-on-4 matches adding in the World Championship and U.S. title and make the tag match into a four corners match.

The other option would be to have... 1 Raw vs Raw, 1 SD vs SD, 1 Divas Raw vs SD match, a tag team termoil match and a wild card elimination match.

The wild card match would feature Raw & Smackdown talent on the same team with heels and faces on the same team. (Much like they did in 1996) Followed by a final match of survival battle royal for a title shot.

I was thinking about a way to make the survivor series match mean more and be more important. I thought what if going into the PPV there were 2 number one contenders for the WWE title. Each of the two contenders would be in charge of putting together their team for survivor series to face off against each other. The winning team's captain would be the number one contender and earn his WWE championship match for the main event. The trick here would be that the captain can either choose to take part in the match or select 5 guys to compete on his behalf. The captains would then have a dilemna on their hands because they would be thinking whether or not they want to sit out the match and trust their five guys to win it for him. The captain would have to decide whether or not he wants to risk taking a beating during his match or risk losing his title opportunity.
This would also mean that there would be more story involved in the selecting of each man's team as opposed to just throwing together a heel team vs. a face team filled with guys who are not doing much at the moment. The captain would have to go out and convince other stars to fight on his behalf and help him win a WWE title shot. It could open the door for a young up and comer volunteering his services because he is waiting for an opportunity to show what he can do. This would then make the main event more unpredictable because you would not know who is competing for the title until the match is finished. IDK. Maybe. I dont think this has been done. Do you think it could work?

the thing i loved about Survivor Series was in the early years where they would have faces vs. heels and the Survivors of each match would face off in the Finale. some would be outnumbered depending on the team winners.

also, maybe have heels and faces tag team, like Survivor Series 1995 i think it was. that'd be a nice twist to things.

i think what hurts Survivor Series is the fact now they have Bragging Rights, which is basically Survivor Series with the brands. they should've had this concept for the actual Survivor Series, hell even include War Games in it if they wanted to. but the idea of having 2 brands battle it out, then have a PPV after with the same concept kills any momentum.

So we all know Survivor Series has been lame since like 2006 but I have an idea that would make it better. So the only way to make SS better since the WWE is "Branded" is to just have Raw traditional Suvivor Series match and Smackdown traditional SS Matches. Reason I say this is because when they went cross branded teams in 06 or 07 the shows were intruiging as they were in 02 03 04. What made it lose its "Touch" was when they were cross branded teams they didnt build to anything as nobody from the other show would show up on Raw or Smackdown and the only way to make Survivor Series good is to build the ppv, so thats why i say keep the teams on there own brands as superstars from thereown brands will show up on there own show to promote there team and what not. So if u guys think its a good idea or have anyother opinions feel free to express urself

This would be really great, except for one thing.

They just did this at the last PPV, Bragging Rights, for the "Illustrious" BR trophy. Even if the Raw teams defeated the Smackdown teams in both matches, what significance would it hold? Smackdown already has "bragging rights" for the next year, we've been told that over and over by WWE. Generally, those Survivor Series you mentioned in the past were seen as "reason to brag", but thats been established already, in the PPV just before SS.

The other problem is very simple. It's so hard to identify with, or care about, brand warfare when theres absolutely nothing at stake, and guys switch brands ALL the time. WWE is constantly doing "specials" where the heels from both brands fight the faces, why would these guys suddenly team up for brand loyalty, with nothing at stake?

If you really wanted to go that route, something needs to be at stake. Getting to pick one's spot in the Royal Rumble. The winning brand's team gets to headline Wrestlemania. The "survivors" automatically get a championship match, or at least a number one contenders match if they're not the "sole survivor."

Something has to be at stake for people to care. The best example of that was when it Team Orton vs Team HHH, where the winning team's members each got to be the GM for a week. I know that was amongst the same brand, but it was an effective way of booking the matches. Doing any of those things would generate far more interest for me then "the heels are fighting the faces", or "Smackdown is fighting Raw."

first step is to get rid of bragging rights. 2nd step is to build up matches, not put random wrestlers in matches. the main event should be a 5v5 elimination match between raw & smackdown. the captians would be the brands world champion. another 5v5 elimination match should be just raw members, like a civil war. the other 5v5 elimination match would be between smackdown members. one more elimination match would be a cross brands teams. u can also have an elimination with the survivors. a grand finale series .

a example of the survivors series elimination match between raw & smackdown would be like 2005. batista,rey,orton,jbl,lashley vs hbk,show,kane,carlito,masters. the raw elimination would be like team orton vs team hhh. the smackdown elimination match would be like team angle vs team guerrero in 2004. the cross brand teams would be like team dx vs team rated rko

I like the idea in the original post, but I would take it one step further. What they should do is have three different 7 on 7 elimination matches. One could be Raw exclusive, a second could be Smackdown exclusive, and a third that's Raw VS Smackdown. Maybe even a fourth that's divas which could also be Raw VS Smackdown. These matches combined with the two world title matches and some random filler match would make for a great show and I'd definitely pay to see it.

Know the problem is WWE has Bragging rights which is in theory the same kind of concept ppv as Survivor Series.
WWE's last great Survivor series was 2006, as far as traditional matches go, they need cut out the 5 vs 5 and have 4 vs 4 and have three of them rather then two.
WWE has the roster to do this hell they could of had Nexus & Ted Jr vs Santino, Koz, Truth & Goldust.

I honestly hope Vince adds one more elimination match to the card, the cards look much better with more elimination matches (womens not included)

I honestly don't think that Braggig Rights drags down on Survivor Series for one reason. BR is about brand wars, Survivor Series is not. This is why it would be a bad idea to have brand wars at Survivor Series. Either have All Raw v. All Raw or All SD v. All SD or mix them up (like they've done the past few years, that's fun) but don't make it SD v. Raw, that's for Bragging Rights.

Here's what they need to do to make Survivor Series better:

1. Have a 1on1 WWE Title Match, a 1on1 World Title Match, a Divas 5on5 match (because you have to lol), than have 3 seperate 5on5 matches (preferably a mix of Raw and SD guys like they've been doing)

2. Bring back the old concept where the survivors of each of those 3 elimination matches face off, heels v. faces, in a "Sole Suriviors Match". It'd be awesome. I remember when they used to do this and it was always a lot of fun.

3. It's a great way to build feuds heading into WM. Perhaps in the Sole Survivors Match you end up with Kofi v. Del Rio at the end, creating a feud, or Miz agaainst John Cena, creating a feud. There's no reason why this shouldn't work.

Survivor Series is one of the BIg 4 and should stick with tradition. Keep the 2 Title matches because you have to have Main Event feuds but the rest should keep with the history and the fun of it. The Rumble has 4 matches of rinky dink feuds before the main attraction: The Royal Rumble. That's what Survivor Series should have: 2 Main feuds for the World Titles, than the gimmick Elimination matches, culminating in an actual SURVIVOR! It was called this for a reason and they need to go back to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back