• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

An idea for Rey Mysterio's Return

H33LTurn

Mid-Card Championship Winner
As some of you might already be aware of, Rey Mysterio has been cleared to wrestle and will probably be returning to the ring next week. Last time we saw Rey he was in the WWE title picture and heading for a huge push, possibly a title run.

Now I think that what better way to bring him back into action than to make him face the man who injured him, Alberto Del Rio. Rey doesnt need to be involved in the clusterfuck that has become the WWE title picture, especially with Cena supposedly joining in. The match with ADR was visibly rough and I think that given the history between the two they can have another great feud.

Heres how we do it. Have Del Rio win the US title either at MITB or the weeks leading up to it if hes going to be involved in the MITB match. Rey wins a #1 contender match and faces Del Rio at Summerslam in a Ladder Match. Del Rio wins with one of his dirty tricks and the rivalry continues to NOC where Rey wins the US title. Two superstars who are in need of a rivalry get one, the US title becomes relevant again, and theres the chance that the ladder match is the 2nd best match on the card besides Cena vs Punk.

So....

What do you think of my idea?

What should Rey do after returning to the WWE?

Is Rey too injury prone to maintain a rivalry of this magnitude over the course of various months?

Would Rey winning the title benefit the US title?

I think Rey should not be advertised. Del Rio cuts a promo and then "booyaka booyaka" Crowd pops, goes crazy. Rey comes out and cuts a promo on Del Rio.

However....Del Rio is still not over, Del Rio is supposed to be destined for the main event....can Del Rio survive a Defeat to Rey Mysterio when he is struggling to staple his main event status as it is?
Rey would be returning to Loose a Feud.....or Returning to send Del Rio to the midcard/future endevoured.

It'll never happen, but the only way I'd have any interest at all in Mysterio is if he came in as a heel. He has crappy mic skills and I've seen everything he's done 100 times already.

Do they actually want to put Sin Cara over? Then make HIM the face and have him feud with Mysterio, who is on his way out soon anyway.

It also might be my personal bias talking, but I don't see the crowd "popping like crazy" for Mysterio. Seriously who cares? If he's a face, he's going to say the same thing, do the same match that ends with 1 missed/blocked 619 and one connected 619, end of story. Fast forward please.

I have a couple issues with this idea. 1 being i hate when WWE has a guy straight out of a world title/wwe title feud (which he never got his shot and one would only assume that he would be put back into that gain) and go after one of the mid card titles. I have no problem with Del Rio going after one of those titles since I think thats where he belongs and not in the main event but not yet. The other is the fact that its a ladder match you chose, it won't happen when Summerslam is straight after MITB and that wouldn't be something people wanted after watching that PPV.

Though I think it makes a lot of sense for Rey to return and face Del Rio. I have two ideas for his return that involve Del Rio. Both would occur as a surprise return for Rey at MITB.

1. Have Del Rio jump right back into the World Title chase. He "earned" his shot and was taken out of that match. He feuds with Sheamus and they pick up where they left off. At MITB have Del Rio do some dirty move that seems to have him about to win the belt and then have Rey's music hit and he comes out and stops Del Rio. Thus reigniting their feud where they can face at SS and NOC.

2. Del Rio enters the MITB ladder match (if he hasn't already from the commercial it seemed as if he was in). Now this could go one of two ways. They can have a surprise entrant in the match with the eight man not being named or maybe Del Rio jumps someone before the match and then Rey is the final entrant. Or two Del Rio is about to win the match and Rey's music hits and he costs him the briefcase. And again this kickstarts their feud for SS and NOC.

I have a couple issues with this idea. 1 being i hate when WWE has a guy straight out of a world title/wwe title feud (which he never got his shot and one would only assume that he would be put back into that gain) and go after one of the mid card titles. I have no problem with Del Rio going after one of those titles since I think thats where he belongs and not in the main event but not yet. The other is the fact that its a ladder match you chose, it won't happen when Summerslam is straight after MITB and that wouldn't be something people wanted after watching that PPV.

Though I think it makes a lot of sense for Rey to return and face Del Rio. I have two ideas for his return that involve Del Rio. Both would occur as a surprise return for Rey at MITB.

1. Have Del Rio jump right back into the World Title chase. He "earned" his shot and was taken out of that match. He feuds with Sheamus and they pick up where they left off. At MITB have Del Rio do some dirty move that seems to have him about to win the belt and then have Rey's music hit and he comes out and stops Del Rio. Thus reigniting their feud where they can face at SS and NOC.

2. Del Rio enters the MITB ladder match (if he hasn't already from the commercial it seemed as if he was in). Now this could go one of two ways. They can have a surprise entrant in the match with the eight man not being named or maybe Del Rio jumps someone before the match and then Rey is the final entrant. Or two Del Rio is about to win the match and Rey's music hits and he costs him the briefcase. And again this kickstarts their feud for SS and NOC.

Your idea: Pretty good.

What WWE will do: Rey prevents Del Rio from winning MITB, they feud for 1 month, have 1 match at summerslam. Then Del Rio gets hurt, shelved for 1 year, then Mysterio gets hurt, retires. :)

you idea is good. but i would rather it be for the wwe championship but thats not going to happen.
cuz wwe misstreat rey cause he is kinda old. and they would rather push a daniel bryan.

I love the idea of having ADR win the US Belt. Put some scandal back into it by having him threaten to make the US Title into a Mexican Heavy weight title. WWE could have the One Man Rock 'n Roll Band step up and defend the US of A, or have a platform to bring in The Dibiase Posse.

I like this idea as something needs to happen with the US title soon. I had mentioned in another thread that it hasn't even been defended and Santino even get the tv time to do so. So ADR wins it before MITB, and maybe at MITB Del Rio has an open challenge which is answered by a surprise returning Rey. MY guess is though that he will keep Del Rio from winning his MITB match and they will feud from there. Oh and I would like to think Rey could help the US title, but it may be beyond help at this point.

Mysterio should NOT be competing in ladder matches cus one more injury cud end his career, and also i cant see McMahon putting that much effort into a US title feud.Also id like to see Mysterio in midcard feuds rather than main event because as someone said we've seen all his moves 100 times, although he can make the midcarders look great and put them over.Id like to see maybe a Mysterio vs Damien Sandow or Heath Slater.

Bryan is going to need something to do after his feud with punk fizzles out and who better for him to work with than Rey the matches these two would put on would be epic or i would like to see Rey have another feud with Y2J, there feud over the intercontinental title a few years was amazing, some of the best matches i have seen in recent years,i would much prefer that to another feud with Del Rio.

I think Rey should not be advertised. Del Rio cuts a promo and then "booyaka booyaka" Crowd pops, goes crazy. Rey comes out and cuts a promo on Del Rio.

I can see it happening that way. I think of Rey Mysterio as a novelty act .....nothing more. If the kids go wild for him, why not have him doing his repetitive act against the Heath Slaters of the world; guys who are at least small enough in size to make being beaten up by Rey look more realistic? I'll never understand why they have this guy fighting for championships; it just isn't believable watching him in there with the big guys, and as I've said numerous times, the sight of Rey Mysterio pinning the shoulders of Batista to the mat was one of the most ludicrous things I've seen in wrestling.

I don't know why WWE has spent so much time indulging Rey Mysterio. They feature him like crazy, yet according to what has been printed, he lives in constant misery because they don't pay enough money to suit him.

He isn't even back yet....and I'm tired of him already. He does the same moves, over and over.....gets badly hurt after performing so much..... then spends months and months on the sidelines. During his runs, he keeps talking of retirement. My thought is that if they feature him less and let him do his thing in lower-profile matches, maybe he'd break down less and could maintain a career he seems determined to continue. The kiddies would still be happy....and all would be right with the world. This time, let's keep him on the lower card.

I think your idea would be entertaining, but I don't know who should go over. I think Rey helped a lot to put over ADR, then Cody Rhodes and made them look really strong, but then again... Rey would make all of the other talent look really big and strong...

Rey could help put over ADR, yes, but that would just be a repeat of their last feud. Del Rio brawls with the little guy, then eventually goes for the arm bar.

I wouldn't mind a Rey v Ziggler or a Rey v Bryan, hell, maybe even have Rey put over Justin Gabriel, but as Sally posted, Rey should stay clear of the big guys.

I do have an awful feeling that he'll be used to give a rub to a heel that lost some heat (the Miz, in particular) and I am not looking forward to seeing Miz at all.

Turning Rey heel would be original, but agianst whom would that work? The crowd will surely pop for a guy with a moveset and size disadvantage like Rey's. If Sin Cara is the future (which I'm not certain of) then why not turn Rey heel against him? I believe it'll be good for Sin Cara if he were to work with Rey. Rey can help him adapt to the WWE-style and give him a good rub. If Rey will remain face (which is most likely the case) I think a good ol' Mexican tag battle between those to and the team of Primo & Epico would be exciting, with some barrio turf-war storyline as motivation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back