Rey Mysterio's Title Shot

a7xfan93

Pre-Show Stalwart
rey mysterio gets his rematch for the wwe title next week on monday night raw. no matter who wins at summerslam (which i hope is cm punk) we all know who will win next monday. I think rey being champ is great, there is nothing wrong with it. but wwe is pushing him back now. having him win the championship, and then having him lose it in the same night, and another instance, when he lost the title a few weeks after winning it to kane. anyways, the outcome for the title match next week is pretty obvious, which is CM PUNK/cena retaining the title against rey. i think next mondays match will be a good back and forth match up, but rey will not be winning the title again.

What are your thoughts?
Who do you think rey will face next monday night?
Will it be a great match?
Who will win?

Rey was never meant to stay as the champ. The WWE wouldn't allow a masked man to be the face of the company. I'll admit I was happy when he won but once Triple H said he was versing Cena I knew his title reign was all but over.
Rey probably won't be in a match next week seeing as how reports are saying that he is injured but who knows he may just come to beat the Miz up for "jumping" him or maybe and I'm really doubting this one, he'll come out and ask for his rematch against whoever the winner of Punk/CENA is.

I don't think it matters who Rey's supposed to be facing next Monday - either he won't win (if he's healthy) or he won't make it to the match (if the injury he may have suffered over the weekend is serious). I think this is all pretty much a setup to have Miz take Rey out and get Miz some new momentum as a heel.

I hope that mysterio gets his ass beat by who ever wins at summerslam, tbh I would like to see punk win because he needs much more than Cena, as much as i am a massive Cena fan. Cena is an 11 time world heavyweight champion and is a big enoug star to not need the championship.

Rey will (unfortunately) face Cena in a shitty match that Rey has no chance of winning regardless of it being in his hometown. I'm actually going to predict that Miz attacks him during a 619 attempt to kick-start their feud and make Rey look strong by not losing cleanly in the match.

Rey might do well as a dark horse... not a heel, but as a hero challenging the system.

Honestly, right now we have a sort of Superhero movie going on right now. Cena is the face, he's practically Captain America... He's the guy people perceive as the WWE wanting to have the belt... why not have a guy like Mysterio come back and show that the little guy has a voice too, and retain his face without a face status?

Punk will either move on to a rivalry with the H-es or Laurenitis or both, that gives the fans a chance to see Mysterio and Cena go head to head with each other over different ideals. Hustle, Loyalty, Respect were the same ideals of the Nazis or something.

I wrote this in another thread. This is what I feel will happen at SummerSlam.

I can see something like this happening. HHH will knock Punk down with the sledgehammer and ask Cena to pin him. Cena will refuse and badmouth HHH. Trips will then knock Cena down as well and throw Cena on Punk and make the count. That way the only person turning heel after Summerslam will be HHH and that is how it should be. Someone needs to be a heel in this angle but niether Punk nor Cena can be one without killing their heat. The only one who can do it is HHH.

I think that something similar will happen to Rey the next night on Raw. Rey will have Cena set-up for the 619 when HHH would burst onto the scene and take out Rey following which he will take out Cena and throw Cena on top of Rey for the three count. This would finish with Punk coming out to end the show with him taking out HHH.

At least that is what I would like to see. However, either way a Mysterio win seems very unlikely.

At this point, Rey might not even wrestle period if his MRI finds something. This is why he can't be depended on in a big storyline. He can't stay healthy.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE star Rey Mysterio underwent an MRI over the weekend, but the results have yet to come in. WWE and Mysterio are said to be fearful of the worst at this point given Mysterio's long history of battling knee injuries.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a torn ligament. If it is, Rey should seriously consider retirement. His body simply can't hold up anymore.

hello first time poster here long time reader tho, just a thought what if the miz attacks rey when he is on his way to the ring for his title shot and then takes on the champion instead of rey as that will help give the miz alot of heel heat. penny for your thoughts everyone?????!!!!??

It does not matter if it is Cena or Punk next week. Rey will be losing the match. I think the match will be great no matter which of the two he faces but Cena and Punk are at a whole other level with their feud. Rey will not win especially not if it is against Punk because it could derail some of the undisputed WWE Championship angle's momentum. I see it being Punk VS Rey with Rey putting up a fight only coming up short (no pun intended) followed by another epic Punk promo. Next week's Raw is gonna be great!

This is the start of a big push for Rey.

We All Know Rey Is close to retirement and he is getting the last push before he calls it quits.

Here's how I think It will play out :

Rey will and "X" ( X being the champ) will battle it out but the loser will demand their rematch (most likely CM Punk) and this will set up a whole situation

HHH will come out and say that it will be a Triple Threat at NOC for the Title which gives Rey one last shot even though he wont win. I can't see Rey holding the title over Punk or Cena now because their fued is so red hot revolving around the title

Rey will (unfortunately) face Cena in a shitty match that Rey has no chance of winning regardless of it being in his hometown. I'm actually going to predict that Miz attacks him during a 619 attempt to kick-start their feud and make Rey look strong by not losing cleanly in the match.

Let me lend some pespective here. Do you remember the last time the two faced off for the championship, no more then 2 weeks ago? The two had a different kind of Cena match, where Cena was more of the aggressive heel, and Rey the babyface. Plus Rey reversing the STF into one of his own was a great spot in an excellent TV match. Why would this one be any different, considering they had as good of a 13 minute TV match as youre going to see? And consider, this was Rey's SECOND match of the night last time. Cena has shown he can work with Punk and Rey, and we obviously know what Rey and Punk can do together. How could this match be anything but good?

Logic to me dicates what happens here. HHH brought Punk back because he's good for business. Although theyve beeen at odds, HHH needs Punk in a pominent role. WIth him naming himself the guest referee, there's surely a screwjob finish coming here, with HHH turning heel, because face GM's dont work on the whole. HHH screws one of them(Im guessing Cena), or John Lauranitis does, because he's been at odds with Cena. The interesting twist to the end of Raw was Punk drilling Lauranitis(who Cena has been at odds with, and Cena drilling HHH(who Punk has been at odds with. Either way, I see a screwjob finish coming, and Im guessing its the one we dont expect. Johnny Ace takes out Cena, and Punk is your Undisputed Champ.

That being said, I dont see any way possible Rey wins the title back. He and the tournament were both simply vehicles to crown an official champion after there wasn't one on Raw, and to get the title back on Cena to set up this match. It would be counterintuitive for Rey to get the title back right away. Rey and Miz are obviously going to feud sooner rather then later, so Id expect his interference once again to continue that build. Punk will retain in what will be a very good match, as is usually the case between Punk and Rey.

Could be a great opportunity to insert Rey into the Cena/Punk feud. I mean, I don't think they will and I'm not even sure I want them to, but Rey Mysterio, John Cena and CM Punk main-eventing a pay-per-view in a triple threat match? I'll eat that up with chocolate syrup and sprinkles. Yes, I'm one of those guys that has an inexplicable reverence for triple threat matches. My reverence for Mr. Mysterio, however, is very much explicable.

What's more likely is a good ten to twenty minute match where Rey loses after a good back-and-forth. You know the drill. Maybe it'll appear on a DVD somewhere down the line. It'd certainly sate me.

Rey Mysterio is my favorite wrestler right now. I'm pissed off at how WWE only gave him a one hour reign... that was fucking bullshit.

This is how I would book Rey next week.

Cm Punk retains at SummerSlam, so it's Punk vs Rey on Raw (Both are faces). Punk brings out the New Nexus, then Rey Mysterio brings out Chavo Guerrero. Near the end of the match, Rey Mysterio tries to 619 Cm Punk, but David Otunga smacks Rey in the head with a golden chain. Rey Mysterio is pinned for a 1... 2... and HE KICKS OUT! Then Cm Punk knocks out the referee, tells the Nexus to come in, but they refuse because Punk is feuding with HHH and it turns out that the Nexus are working for Triple H and he was the anonymous Raw general manager. Nexus come in, but they don't help Punk. They beat down Punk and they strip him (everything except underwear) to embarrass him. Punk is crying like a little bitch and Rey Mysterio pins him for the win! Rey Mysterio is the new Undisputed WWE Champion!!! Then...

ALBERTO DEL RIO comes out and cashes in! Ricardo hits the referee while Alberto Del Rio comes with a steel chair to take out Mysterio! This would be a good way to put out Mysterio because I heard he had an injury. Then Del Rio will apply the arm move and Mysterio will battle out of it... Alberto Del Rio gets VERY frustrated and while he is arguing with the ref... Rey Mysterio does a surprise pin on him!!! HE PINS FOR A 1... 2... 3!!! REY MYSTERIO IS THE NEW UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION!!! Now... John Cena comes out and challenges Rey Mysterio. John Cena goes for the STF and Rey Mysterio counters it into an Attitude Adjustment (finisher steal)! Rey Mysterio pins Cena for the 1... 2... 3..!!

Finally... Triple H comes out and says he had enough of this destruction, so he's going to battle Rey Mysterio for the WWE Championship. Rey Mysterio surprisingly hits the ref and gets a steel chair to hit HHH in the head...a new ref comes out and pins for the... 1..!!! 2...!!! 3!!!!!

Chavo Guerrero then comes out and hugs Rey Mysterio... Rey Mysterio didn't want Chavo to cheat anyway. Chavo is still a heel, so he HITS REY MYSTERIO WITH THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Next week will be the introduction of the 6 way Hell In A Cell match.

I hope you're joking.

Rey Mysterio is my favorite wrestler right now. I'm pissed off at how WWE only gave him a one hour reign... that was fucking bullshit.

This is how I would book Rey next week.

Cm Punk retains at SummerSlam, so it's Punk vs Rey on Raw (Both are faces). Punk brings out the New Nexus, then Rey Mysterio brings out Chavo Guerrero. Near the end of the match, Rey Mysterio tries to 619 Cm Punk, but David Otunga smacks Rey in the head with a golden chain. Rey Mysterio is pinned for a 1... 2... and HE KICKS OUT! Then Cm Punk knocks out the referee, tells the Nexus to come in, but they refuse because Punk is feuding with HHH and it turns out that the Nexus are working for Triple H and he was the anonymous Raw general manager. Nexus come in, but they don't help Punk. They beat down Punk and they strip him (everything except underwear) to embarrass him. Punk is crying like a little bitch and Rey Mysterio pins him for the win! Rey Mysterio is the new Undisputed WWE Champion!!! Then...

ALBERTO DEL RIO comes out and cashes in! Ricardo hits the referee while Alberto Del Rio comes with a steel chair to take out Mysterio! This would be a good way to put out Mysterio because I heard he had an injury. Then Del Rio will apply the arm move and Mysterio will battle out of it... Alberto Del Rio gets VERY frustrated and while he is arguing with the ref... Rey Mysterio does a surprise pin on him!!! HE PINS FOR A 1... 2... 3!!! REY MYSTERIO IS THE NEW UNDISPUTED WWE CHAMPION!!! Now... John Cena comes out and challenges Rey Mysterio. John Cena goes for the STF and Rey Mysterio counters it into an Attitude Adjustment (finisher steal)! Rey Mysterio pins Cena for the 1... 2... 3..!!

Finally... Triple H comes out and says he had enough of this destruction, so he's going to battle Rey Mysterio for the WWE Championship. Rey Mysterio surprisingly hits the ref and gets a steel chair to hit HHH in the head...a new ref comes out and pins for the... 1..!!! 2...!!! 3!!!!!

Chavo Guerrero then comes out and hugs Rey Mysterio... Rey Mysterio didn't want Chavo to cheat anyway. Chavo is still a heel, so he HITS REY MYSTERIO WITH THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

Next week will be the introduction of the 6 way Hell In A Cell match.

I'm sending you may be a fan of Rey's and that you may have used about 3 months worth of storylines in one night !

Giving Rey a WWE World Title match next week makes sense. WWE is starting to realize that they can capitalize on the home town crowd. That arena in Chicago for Money in The Bank was rocking and I am sure they are just hoping to replicate that atmosphere and give it a big fight feel. Will Rey win? No...Either CM Punk or Cena will win that match...Better match of the two would be Punk versus Rey.

All of this makes me laugh though because this could have all been realized a few years ago. ECW One Night Stand... Rob Van Dam cashed in his Money in the Bank title shot against John Cena at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC. Even though RVD isn't from NYC that building will always be an ECW building. That crowd was a lot like what they recreated at MITB in Chicago. They could have been taking advantage of the "home town crowd" for awhile now. I think you will definitely see more of this with the top guys as WWE starts going towards a more "realistic" feeling.

I'm one of the weirdos that thinks Rey will -WIN- the WWE Championship at Raw... and there's so many reasons why.

-Punk/Cena/Mysterio (assuming Rey isn't injured) would be able to have so many rematch clauses... Whether Punk or Cena lose at Summerslam, they're both going to be owed a rematch... if Rey beats the other, that's two rematches... and if Rey loses to one of them, Rey is owed a rematch and so a triplr rivalry would be feasible

-Rey would be able to get in to the discussions that Punk and Cena are spitting out. Rey is a face that has earned everything only to have people like Cena take it away, this one is for the TRUE underdog...

-Alberto del Rio has the ability to cash in at any time, and I wouldn't be shocked if he did it somewhere as early as summer slam or as late as the next PPV to keep the mess going...

-Miz has found a way on to the scene, and starting a rivalry with Mysterio is a means to an end. Also, assuming Mysterio is actually injured again, Miz could feasibly take his spot in the rematch because he came in second in the tournament

-HHH is the COO. Which means it's only a matter of time before he ends up with the belt again.

That's bringing SIX dudes that have a legit chance at the belt in the next two months if Mysterio wins... in the midst of chaos.

Sure, midcard goes away, Morrison, Ziggler, Swagger, Kingston, and others are put aside a while... but the main event has some real credibility for a while...

im glad because i think rey deserves it, everyone (except the 8yr olds, and women) dont want cena as champ or even in the title picture i hope he looses on sunday. even though we got this awesome fued with punk and cena, cena should stay out the title picture until the rumble so we can have some fresh fueds. maybe he can put over a few people like he did the miz in 2008. lets go rey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rey has no shot in hell at beating cena or punk no matter which one it is personally id like to see another great battle between rey and punk in the main event of raw next week with punk coming out on top rey is good in the ring no doubt but id be more then shocked if rey won the wwe title...ever again

I really think this is the part where Miz becomes the corporate champion everyone here wants him to be. Punk can't side with HHH because it kills his character, Cena can't side with HHH because it kills his character. Miz, the heel version of Cena (public appearances, safe in the ring, great on the mic, good lookingish) is perfect.

I don't know what will happen, so many possible outcomes. I'm excited. I don't think it will be Mysterio though.

TWJC: thanks for the "good lookingish" description of Miz. It made me laugh.

Drewski: Your point about subbing the Miz in for Rey if Rey can't go is a good one. He should be able to draw real heat in SD if he profits by taking Rey out. Or, they could add fuel to his current fire by having him ask for the shot and being denied. Feeling he is once again being given the short end of the stick, he could blindside the champ and take him out for the night, adding more heat, especially if it's Cena. (I think it would be Punk.)

How would the new COO take that? He might just like it, kind of thing he would have done and so on...and then we go back to TWJC's angle of the Corporate Champion, Miz.

I like TWJC idea and ive heard a few predictions about the Miz taking Reys spot for a chance at the title but Punk seems to be on a roll at the moment and the only one take can stop him is triple h or alberto cashing in the contract.

I am probably one of few who accually want to see Rey Mysterio win the title this Monday on Raw , I was pretty pissed the other week when Rey lost the title to Cena in the same night as he won it, and plus Raw this week is in San Deigo, it would be a great moment to see Rey win the Wwe title in his hometown.

As for who his opponent will be I would say it will be John Cena , for some reason I can see Triple H helping Cena win the title aganist Punk at Summerslam(although I dont see Cena turning heel in the process). Then during the Rey-Cena match on Raw , CM Punk can interfere during a ref bump or something and somewhat cost Cena the match and the wwe title. This can set-up a triple threat match for Night Of Champions, or possibly a 4-way with Miz included.

Personally I think rey might win it after SS because WWE was talking about giving him a push, unless that push was the hour and 30 minute title reign he got. so either way. I hope CM Punk wins at SS, and then beat's rey. I think The Miz attack Rey was also a way to sell his injury so he can get some rest so he can make the match on RAW for the title.

I am probably one of few who accually want to see Rey Mysterio win the title this Monday on Raw , I was pretty pissed the other week when Rey lost the title to Cena in the same night as he won it, and plus Raw this week is in San Deigo, it would be a great moment to see Rey win the Wwe title in his hometown.

As for who his opponent will be I would say it will be John Cena , for some reason I can see Triple H helping Cena win the title aganist Punk at Summerslam(although I dont see Cena turning heel in the process). Then during the Rey-Cena match on Raw , CM Punk can interfere during a ref bump or something and somewhat cost Cena the match and the wwe title. This can set-up a triple threat match for Night Of Champions, or possibly a 4-way with Miz included.

i dont want this to happen but i think it is very probable. Cena and Punk wont end summerslam because wwe tends to run major storylines for at least 3 months and i think it would be good to add another element. The only thing that is just stupid if this happens is they make such a big deal that one of them will be undisputed champion and then they lose it in 24 hours. It just makes summerslam less memorable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back