• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

|| An EpicDesigns EXCLUSIVE Tutorial ||

K4P-Unleashed

Reinventing Pro Wrestling || c.1993
wrestling_signature_tutorial_by_th3epic1-d31obaq.png

Your requests have been answered. Let's see what you guys come up with!!

SMUDGING TUTORIAL - http://th08.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2010/142/d/3/EPiC_Custom_Smudging_Tutorial_by_TH3EPiC1.png

chris_hero_signature_by_th3epic1-d31obg6.png

My Result. Let's see if someone can one up me! :D

- John

Excellent tutorial, K4P. I knew many of these techniques, but I never really put them together in the way your tutorial told us how to do. I gotta say, it makes for some spectacular results. I even tried it myself:

awesomebryanwatermark.png

I changed a few things around, but the idea is there. I used a C4D (Is that what you meant when you said texture?) and duplicated it, smudging it using your smudge settings, and I may have done some kind of blend mode on it. I don't remember and I just closed Photoshop. Instead of Filter>Lighting Effects, I just used black and white soft brushes at 20%-or-so opacity. Other than that, I followed your instructions to the letter. Fantastic tutorial, and it's given me my Bryan Sig Of The Week sig for next week.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Alright! Nice job Doc. Now when I referred to textures, I was talking about.. well.. textures. Go to deviantart and search textures and that's what I meant. I have about 500. It's a huge help if you can find some packs, so just look around the internet.

Now, let's discuss the sig. The only thing I don't like is the brightness, but you seem to have used everything that I discussed really well. One thing I don't like is the text - you should have used a more interesting font. If you need fonts, I like http://dafont.com. Other than that, great job. Now each time, just expand on it. :)

fllj54.jpg

First off, thank you.

Like Doc, I used a C4D as a "texture". I then made the background color a color from the C4D and set the C4D to lighten and duplicated it. Other than that, I did exactly the same thing, but did a High Pass filter and a cooling photo filter at the end. Once again, thanks for the tutorial.

This one looks nice! I like it as well.

Here's what I do.

Since the main problem I have with this one is the render being too contrasted, I'll play around with the blending settings after I smudge. Here's a tip: One thing you'll see behind some of my renders is a dark smudge. It's simple! Just set the first smudged render to Multiply or one of the other dark blending settings.

One of the biggest things you guys can do is work with it. Don't just sit on this one sig with the tut. Take what you learned and blend it with other things you learn, with the hopes that you'll strike gold when you put it all together! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back