All X-Division TV Show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma

Pre-Show Stalwart
NEW TNA SERIES?
by Mike Johnson @ 2009-08-11 12:15:49

There's been some rumblings about pitching an X-Division series to SpikeTV of late.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/406...ries-more.html

This would be great. This opens up so many doors for IMPACT as well since they can actually expand the Knockouts Division on both Shows and turn the Legends title into a mid card title for guys like Abyss, Rhino, etc. And make the X-Division title a secondary World title for TNA. If Spike picks up the X-Division series.

As long as Russo is 100% writing it. The only way people are going to tune into an all X-Division show is if Russo is giving them characters and reasons to be feuding.

Lets hope this is not just a wrasslin show with 20 minute matches.

I like variety in my wrestling programming, Id rather them devote a certain percentage of each show for x division, womens division etc. All splitting it up is going to do is drive viewers down for one show as they go watch the other show. Especially if there are a lot of people who watch the program mainly for x division. They will go watch that show, and the fans that watch the show mainly to see MEM or womens division possibly will not take the time out to go watch the x division show. Everyone has their likes and dislikes with TNA and if you split stuff up like that people will go seperate ways and the product as a whole will suffer. Now I am all about a second show, just have some variety in it.

An X Divison show could be great. they`ve got guys like Amazing Red, Doug Williams, Suicide, Sheik Abdul Bashir, Kyoshi, Shark Boy and more who are being lost in the shuffle with the MEM vs Originals story and could use more screen time, plus the mainstays like Daniels, Styles, MCMG, Lethal Consequences, Homicide, and the like who will boost up ratings. If they`re dedicating a whole show to the X division they could possibly bring back guys like Petey Williams, as well as try out smaller guys from the indies, Mexico, or Japan. Overall I`d love to see it happen.

As long as Russo is 100% writing it. The only way people are going to tune into an all X-Division show is if Russo is giving them characters and reasons to be feuding.

Lets hope this is not just a wrasslin show with 20 minute matches.

If didn't know by now...it is a wrestling show. wrestling is the predominate part of what we all watch for. I don't understand why people watch wrestling but don't want to see wrestling on the show. Another thing is that the X-division is what made TNA popular. People cared more about it than the heavyweight division.

Reactions: gd
TNA could definetly use another show of some kind. There are too many talented wrestler that aren't getting any ring time or tv time at all on Thursday nights. I guess an X Division show could work, they have a bunch of guys they could use and it would provide a bunch of holy shit moments. Maybe they could throw in a Knockout's match on the show as well, one match a week isn't enough for the whole division. I am really hoping that TNA gets another show of some kind in the near future.

What made TNA more popular was S.E.X and Raven vs. Jarrett. Saved the company when the buyrates started going up.

Someone needs to telll them if they want a new show to get off spike the attitude era reached out to more than 1 channel i mean i saw smackdown and thats how it started with me and wrestling i knew nothing about usa or anything in 1999 i mean if wwf stayed on 1 channel would they have gotton as much exposure as they did.
cause where i was smackdown came on the channel if you didnt have cable.

I think that TNA could benefit from a second show and an X-Division specialty show might be the way to go. You know, push the Extreme/Hardcore wrestling specialty matches, as I would think an X-Division specialty show would do. There are a great deal of never-before-done matches with various stipulations and this could be a great format to try all of them at. I think it would be great fun, although I agree that the writing would have to be first-rate and not just one guy fights another guy 'cause we wanna see these two guys fight.

It would also add another element of conflict (which is what these shows are all about.) It would allow TNA to build a sort of rivalry and competition between the two shows. You've got the regular TNA on one side and the X-Division TNA on the other side, both trying to outdo the other, drag championships over to their show, etc. I think it would be a great move, and it would allow them to expand their rosters on both sides.

I think it would be a great idea, as more TNA = awesome. One thing they should be mindful of is to avoid putting it in competition with one of the WWE shows, as they are on about every damn night of the week. Put it on Wednesdays, where there is no wrestling-related programming at the moment.

I think it could possibly bring more viewers to the product, and the company could use it as WWE uses ECW, as a program to develop talent and mold them for the "main" show Impact. And like someone said, they could bring in X-division stars from all over the world and put on some kickass matches. This is the division that got TNA on the map in the first place....so yeah, I think it would be a great idea....what TV executive should I write to to make it happen?

I would have to agree with Crap-tacular. TNA would have to put the show on Wednesday or risk getting burried by a wwe show. Personally i would be happy to have wrestling on every day of the week. It would mos certianly bring in some numbers and the X division stars would be able to shine. The High Flying matches are apeeling to the casual fan or to someone who is just flipping through channels. Imagine if you wern't a wrestling fan, and you were channel surfing, and you come upon a Amazing Red vs. Homicide? And its a chance to get away from an hour of backstage segments. Not saying that they aren't entertaining, but getting a break from that once a week will be refreshing. But still there would have to be some storylines going on so it wont be guys fighting guys for no reason. Overall this should be a great way to revive the x division without having just one 5 minute X-division match per week.

Its going to be a hard sell because the only days that a wrestling show isnt on will be Wed and Sat. Now, I think they new show is a great show since it looks like the majority of the faces and heels have IMPACT! held down the guys not in that fued can get serious airtime. Now, as for the Legends title... I like the variety of belts but this needs to be unified ASAP lol.

But... back to the show! If they put a show on Wednesday and then Thursday its going to be a bit stacked. I know WWE has another show on like WGN or something but... I dont remember the name or date since I dont have the channel! This X Division show suffers from a serious problem. How many different wrestlers do they have to fill this new show? If they have a decent number and the workload isnt that bad then I say go of it! Well... as long as I get to see So Cal Val <3

Its going to be a hard sell because the only days that a wrestling show isnt on will be Wed and Sat. Now, I think they new show is a great show since it looks like the majority of the faces and heels have IMPACT! held down the guys not in that fued can get serious airtime. Now, as for the Legends title... I like the variety of belts but this needs to be unified ASAP lol.

But... back to the show! If they put a show on Wednesday and then Thursday its going to be a bit stacked. I know WWE has another show on like WGN or something but... I dont remember the name or date since I dont have the channel! This X Division show suffers from a serious problem. How many different wrestlers do they have to fill this new show? If they have a decent number and the workload isnt that bad then I say go of it! Well... as long as I get to see So Cal Val <3

Well, first off TNA could easily move IMPACT to a Wednesday and a X-Division show on a Thursday for 1 hour & 30 Minutes tops.

Superstars premiered this year, so TNA doesn't consider it a threat by any sort. Nobody really watches it which is why Disney Channel gets better ratings than Superstars.

As for talent, Including the "X-Division" Tag Teams they have enough guys to work a separate TV show. I'm expecting a Second Knockouts to also share apart of the brand as well which would help with ratings and since the Knockouts on IMPACT is a total of 17 and the possibility of Jazz signing with TNA they would need somewhere else to put some of the other Knockouts to avoid any burying.

Overall It could work, They would need to find another set of Commentators.

Personally I'd love to see one. I really like fast, paced, spotty wrestling, and this show would be full of it. The show would give guys like Lethal, the Guns, Creed, Daniels the time to shine, but I don't know if it would draw.

There has been a long argument on whether this kind of wrestling draws. But I'd like to think that all of the hardcore, Original TNA fans would love to watch it, since the X-Division is what first propelled TNA into where they are today. I as long as their was a mix of great wrestling, and entertaining stroylines, I think it could at least be a success for TNA.And while I like the X-Division I think they would need to add a few more spotty, high flyers to their roster.

But do I think it will happen? Probably not. I mean first a year or two ago we hear that TNA was suppose to get another show. Then they were suppose to get a knockout show, now an X show. Make up your mind people. And I'd rather have an all knockout show, then an all X-Division show, just because I feel the TNA women have a better roster then the X-Division and because I'd think it would do better in the ratings.

There is a huge difference between wanting to see what we believe it'd be, and discovering what it actually becomes. Ladies and Gentlemen, when TNA announces a possible "X-Division" television series, what they're truly trying to say is.. we have a shit-ton of mid-card talent that doesn't always get shown on iMPACT! because they aren't important enough to showcase.. Thus.. we need a version of HeAT!

This is Xplosion, or whatever its called, only more "primetime". This won't be a showcase for the true talent of the X-Division, because the true talent of what's left of the X-Division is still being shown on iMPACT! No, what this would likely become is a television show for all the rejected mid-carders who no longer get primetime television spots. Guys like Bashir, (wrestling) Consequences Creed, Kiyoshi, Amazing Red, Jesse Neal, Doug Williams and Cody Deaner.

So, when people think of an All-X-Division television show.. they think of more air time for guys like Samoa Joe, A.J. Styles & Christopher Daniels. Instead, what you'll get is another version of Sunday Night HeAT, only with even less important stars than what HeAT used to carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back