All WWE Network Discussion

WWE_newlogo.jpg

According to multiple sources, WWE aired this after superstars ended with the words network under it signifying the logo for the WWE network but if u look a the picture it looks like WWE would have to change its Logo for everything then since the scratches from the old logo are completely gone and now its a much nicer more "pg" friendly logo which i actually think looks nice...

What do you guys think?

Do you think WWE will actually use this logo?

Is this another step to Implement that the attitude era is no longer here?

Ok so the thread is basically wat everyone thinks of the ideas wwe has for there shows on wwe network. I warn u there are some shows on here that may make me stop watchiing tna. I mean these shows look so entertaining i would prob watch this channel all the time and if tna is shit then boo hoo watching this stuff. This network will change the business forever. I know wwe is lightyears ahead of tna now but this puts wwe on jupiter and leaves tna on earth. Heres the link i think everyone will love these ideas for shows. http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...E_Network_Shows_-_Foley_Tapped_For_Roles.html

Be easier for everyone if you cut and pasted:

* Stone Cold Steve Austin and his counterpart, a refined beer expert, visit a different local brewery, pub, or beer fest/competition each week in different U.S. cities. Follow the tour bus online by accessing the show’s interactive GPS map and Join Stone Cold as he meets the owners of different establishments around the country; learns how the beer gets made, learns what to eat with specific beers and on the whole, just has a great time. If you’d watch this show, give me a ‘hell yeah!’

AWFUL.

* A show based on the real lives of the largest athlete in the world, the Big Show, and his wife Bess (who has a larger than life personality). What does it take to feed a Giant? What unusual things happen in every day life when you’re 7 feet tall and weigh 500 pounds? Travel on Big Show and Bess’ tour bus from town to town; meet their giant mastiffs that sleep in their already cramped bed, and hear the outrageous stories about the Big Show and his blunders as only his wife can tell them. Then connect with Show himself during his weekly check-in with fans at WWE.com, where viewers can also find un-lockable bonus clips, Bess’s blog, and the “Show cam”, a 24/7 webcam documenting the couple’s life at home.

WATCHABLE

* Join Mick Foley as he tours the greatest adventure parks in the United States in search of the ultimate roller coaster ride. Experience the food, the people, and the thrill of the action hosted by the greatest roller coaster enthusiast in the WWE, Mick Foley. Learn more about these amazing thrill rides via WWE.com’s interactive coaster map; an annotated guide to the best amusements in the country. Post your own comments, and debate with Mick about the best dips and dives in Theme Park-Dom.

BORING

* Hosted by Mick Foley, this program will feature the best OMG moments in Sports Entertainment History. Relive Foley’s death defying fall off Hell in the Cell, Jeff Hardy’s Swanton Bomb to the outside of the ring off a 12 foot ladder, or Shane McMahon’s drop off the side of the Titan Tron. What was going through their minds as they jumped or fell? What did it feel like when they landed? Would they do it all over again? Ask your questions online and have them answered in exclusive interviews by the WWE Superstars who lived the moment.

ENJOYABLE

* Akin to Ice Road Truckers or Deadliest Catch, this series would follow the WWE Road Crews from show to show to illustrate the many facets of what it takes to put on a live television show week after week. This program will follow the lives of everyone backstage: the truckers, the caterers, the television engineers, the pyro crew, as well as the WWE Superstars. What does it take to put on the biggest traveling show in the world week in and week out? Watch to find out, and go online to read the daily posts and photos from these road warriors’ themselves; or thumb through WWE.com’s official guide to landing a job on the Road Crew, and submit your resume!

VERY INTERESTING

* A reality show that is the exact opposite of The Biggest Loser; based on WWE Superstars helping “skinny” or “scrawny” guys put on muscle mass while providing tips to build their confidence to get their dream girl. Follow along online, where the WWE Superstars provide exclusive live tips during programming, and where the contestants document their progress on a weekly basis.

COULD WORK

* Die-hard, middle-aged fans live out their childhood dreams of becoming a WWE Superstar by training in the ring, learning how to talk on the microphone, and getting “slammed” by their childhood hero. Vote each week to rate how well contestants are performing inside the ring and help them develop their WWE persona through live online polling.

TOUGH ENOUGH?

* Each show features a different WWE Superstar or Diva taking a WWE fan through their workout. Watch as the fan sweats through a routine while learning about different training techniques as well as general workout and nutritional tips for people who are looking to get in shape. Download the show’s free iPhone exercise app, and workout alongside the Superstars, from the comfort of home, as you burn calories and build muscle.

MAYBE

* Amazing Race meets Road Trip as the WWE Universe competes for the ultimate prize; front row tickets to WrestleMania. Teams of WWE fans will travel the country through various challenges and roadblocks to score their chance to witness the greatest live event spectacular in entertainment, WrestleMania. A GPS tracker lets viewers follow the teams, who must use social media to help unlock tasks, get clues, and earn rewards.

OK

* The ultimate behind-the-scenes look into the lives of six Divas as they work, train, and party together across the country in the confines of a tour bus; think Bret Michaels’ Rock of Love Tour meets Road Rules; WWE Diva’s style. How do 6 Divas share one shower? What happens when a jilted lover gets intimate with another Diva on the bus? If you thought there were sparks in The Ring every night, wait until you see what happens on The Bus…(and make sure to watch each week for a special code that unlocks the bus’s live 24/7 webcam!)

FAKE. WHO CARES.

* Think Hard Knocks meets 24/7 as we follow the lives of hopeful WWE Superstars and Divas as they work, train, and struggle their way to the main roster. What relationships develop as the personal and professional lives of these young men and women intersect? Who dominates as the “alpha male”? Be a part of their triumphant success or witness the crushing blow of their failure. Who will make it up the ladder? Connect with the trainers during the show to make your opinion known, go online to pull up the live “heat map,” which rates which talents are trending most with fans in social circles, and login to Facebook to access bonus “confessional” footage.

WATCHABLE

* What match would you like to see the most? What classic WWE moment would you like to relive? You decide! Hosted out of the WWE’s state of the art HD Studio, this is where the WWE Universe programs the show and selects the content through social media voting and polling.

YES

* A series about the romantic relationships in the WWE; showcasing famous relationships of the past between Macho Man Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth, Stephanie McMahon and HHH, Edge & Lita, Mr. McMahon’s multiple conquests, and more!

WATCHABLE

* From George “The Animal Steel”, to the likes of Goldust, Mankind, and the Brood, this 10 part series focuses on the careers and back stories of the "oddest" WWE Superstars in WWE history. Who do you think was the WWE’s most unusual character? You can join the conversation through social media and upload your ideas for the most “different” WWE characters.

YES

* From DX imitating the Nation, to Edge and Christian's escapades, to The Rock's classic interviews, this 10 part series highlights the WWE's most hilarious scenes, commentary, and bloopers. You will have the chance to rate these moments through social media and earn points for finding content we might have missed! This program is guaranteed to make you laugh out loud!

YES

* Classic matches from the libraries of the NWA, AWA, WCW, WWE, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, Georgia Championship Wrestling and more, are given a modern day presentation. The bouts of Legends like Bruno Sammartino, Bobo Brazil and Bob Backlund are enhanced with onscreen factoids and interactive interviews that offer a never before seen experience in Sports Entertainment history.

YES

* What happened the night Mr. McMahon’s limo exploded? What happened the night Stone Cold Steve Austin filled Mr. McMahon’s prize corvette with concrete? What incident led to the wedding of Stephanie McMahon and the Undertaker? Relive these classic moments on television and interact via a second screen experience allowing you to unlock exclusive scenes and interviews in a never before seen one hour show. Go back to the water cooler!

COOL

Not just the network itself, but just all the sensless, mindless show's they want to put on their channel.

I love STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN, as a wrestler, but I really do not want to watch him go to micro breweries and taste beer samples.

I like the big show, but I don't give a shit what him and his wife want to cook or how much of it he eat's.

An amazing race type show with super stars, not my idea of fun either.

The list goes on and on. Not necessarily all the shows will suck but I am just afraid that WWE will undoubtly push their star's so much on these show's that most wrestling fans that tune in won't want to watch wrestling as much anymore. Over exposure for the wrestlers will leave some fans less interested to tning into wrestling. I like to watch wrestling like I do movies, in the way that I like the action and some of the storylines. I don't want to know that fueding characters are best friends outside of RAW or SMACKDOWN, or that KELLY KELLY dated this one and this one and this one... etc you know what I mean.

So does anyone else think that the new WWE channel isn't really a great idea or that it will overexpose the roster to much, and make people disinterested in wrestling as a whole?

I'm not saying it shouldn't happen, just that it should be more of a PPV or more content added to their website, but not a tv network. the one good thing I can say about it is that it brings JOBS to more people which is great.

tna network would be better because there network wouldnt be for kids...tna can go real with cus words and all... add that to my package. wwe network additional shows seems kinda dumb. they really r world wide entertainment if they have diva slep over shows or retired wrestlers shows

I haven't read much about the Network. But if that's the kind of crap they're going to put on it, then I say no thanks. Who cares? What I was seriously hoping to get from this network is just a bunch of reruns of old wrestling shows.. give us non-stop, ECW, WCW Nitro, WCW Thunder, WWF Raw, WWF Smackdown, Sunday Night Heats, World Wides.. whatever.. i was hoping it'd be a 24 hr channel of wrestling shows and maybe throw in some movies that stars wrestlers, maybe a weekend movie night type thing.. i know they have that type of thing on demand or whatever WWE calls it, but I'd rather just a full channel of wrestling shows be on my cable all the time, instead of having to pay for certain episodes when and if I feel like watching it or whatever.

I could care less about Big Show cooking.. that's not good TV.. we have enough reality TV crap on, we don't need WWE doing it too.. oh damn, that's right, I almost forgot.. WWE isn't "wrestling" anymore, it's entertainment and apparently the people think reality shows are entertainment.. :(

I don't get your logic behind "overexposing" wrestlers. I'd love to watch Steve Austin go to micro breweries and sample beers. It's like something out of Travel Channel! =D

If you don't like any of the shows, just don't watch 'em. The fact that you're calling them mindless when they haven't even aired yet makes your thread worthless. Have fun swimming in a flood of red rep.

I can't wait for the WWE network. I don't know what all they'll be showing yet, and I'm just assuming that they're going to show old WCW, ECW, and Prime Time Wrestling episodes regularly, and that alone makes me want the network. The rest, good bad or ugly will be interesting, but I wouldn't commit myself to watching those shows until they prove themselves. The re-runs of the old weekly wrestling shows however have already proved themselves and some are things I've never seen.

A wrestler biography show show where they document the career of a specific wrestler would be f**king amazing though.

I'm one of those wrestling fans who's a sucker for any WWE show, documentary or collection so with that in mind I definitely care about WWE network. I am extremely excited for it because it'll be a channel that I could watch every single day and never get tired of it, I already spend alot of my tv time watching wrestling dvds so now I won't have to get up to switch discs. :p

But in all seriousness I am very excited for the WWE network and I can't wait to watch all the classic matches and the new tv shows.

If that is the type of programming that will be on the network, then I don't care. But I'm hoping that WWE will realize what a potential gold mine the network could be (I know that's asking a lot, but I'm an optimist). Because at this point, I don't value the WWE for what they put on TV every week. Rather, I value the company because they own just about every major wrestling library there is. WCW/Jim Crockett Promotions, AWA, WCCW. They don't own Mid-South, but I think that's the only one. I continue to hold out hope that someone in Stanford, CT will tell a McMahon, "Hey, you know all those classic wrestling matches we own? Why don't we show them?" Again, I may be foolish, but that is my hope. So I hope we'll see Starrcades & Clash of the Champions & WCCW Christmas Star Wars & many of the WWE's own classic events. But that probably won't happen.

It really depends on what type of shows they go with. More reality based shows where the feature the wrestlers real lives or the behind the scenes stuff that goes on day to day is interesting to me.

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing some shows built around the retired great. I could see something with Chris Jericho and his band Fozzy. Maybe a show starring Edge or some sort of Comedy show featuring Mick Foley.

I have read something like a Big Brother with ex WWEers. Depending on the personalities that could be interesting. You guy have to keep in mind that if they run TOO MUCH old wrestling it will kill what they are putting out today. If you show nothing but the good highlights it will make todays product look so weak.

I think a weekly replay of RAW and Smackdown will be a guarantee. I wouldn't be surprised if NXT and Superstars ends up on here too. I also think they will have a couple different features of old school wrestling.

I think the following shows have been confirmed...

Weekly Wrestlemania Recap
Some sort of Diva's life on the road Show
Big Brother type show with ex wrestlers
Big Show Cooking Show with his wife

I care about WWE Network and I know im not alone on that when I say that. Whats wrong with WWE showing reality type Shows on the Network as well? Oh thats right some of who are bashing it are "Real" Wrestling Fans and don't want to see the guys/girls outside the Ring doing other things. Give me a break,the WWE Network will be great.

I was hoping that the WWE was going to fill its network with more shows like "WWE Vintage", where classic WWE/WCW/ECW/NWA matches could be seen. The company has such a huge video library that they could make this network really special.

Sit down interviews, documentaries about wrestlers and classic feuds, "Cribs" style shows, the list goes on and on. I really hope they don't fuck this up.

Are you kidding???? I've been waiting for a WWE Network since I was a little kid. You can highlight all the stuff you think will suck on the network but they're going to have a lot of stuff that kicks major ass too. For instance, did you know that they are going to show all the PPV's accept the big 4 for FREE on the WWE Network???? Yeah, get the network and you're plugged into the majority of PPV's at no extra cost, making it no big deal to pay for the big 4 really. They are going to show old episodes of Raw, Nitro, and I think even ECW, as well as old PPV's, and all kinds of classic wrestling on top of the original programming they are going to produce. I believe they will also be showing Raw, Smackdown, and any other wrestling programs like Superstars or NXT on there as well. They will air on their regular programs but also air on the WWE Network if I am not mistaken. I remember years ago as a kid, my friends and I just dreaming about the day when there would be a wrestling channel or network where we could just watch wrestling all day everyday, nothing but that if we wanted, and finally that day has come and it's on the way. I think you'd be crazy not to be completely excited for it.

EDIT: Also, practically all the stuff you guys have been talking about wanting to see on the WWE Network they will be doing like the documentaries, interviews, they are going to have an ESPN Sports Center type show, a Big Brother type show, WWE Cribs, even FCW, everything. Vince has planned this thing to be huge. It's going to EPIC!!!!!

It will have reruns of the massive amounts of old wrestling shows that Vince owns and will likely replay old Nitros and Raws in full. It will be worth every penny.

As an undergraduate broadcast journalism major at Quinnipiac University, which is a half-hour away from WWE headquarters and likely the studios?

You better believe I care. Internship galore.

I am excited though. I think it has a lot of potential to highlight some great old stuff, allow us to relive some old great moments. Imagine being to catch something like Judgement Day 2000 with the Undertaker making his long-awaited return or something like that? Would be awesome.

Some of the new programming sounds cool. I like the countdown shows, highlights and what not. Should be cool.

does anyone else think that the new WWE channel isn't really a great idea or that it will overexpose the roster to much, and make people disinterested in wrestling as a whole?

This is exactly why I can't stand the idea of the WWE network. It has to be their worst idea ever other than the XFL. They run a huge risk of overexposure with this because fans are going to get sick of it. No one is going to sit and watch horrible "original" tv shows or movies they make about the wrestlers. Raw, Smackdown, PPV's, and old classic footage are all that we need. They got stuck having to make a bunch of other stupid shows just to fill up each time slot. Four hours from Raw and Smackdown and a monthly PPV is more than enough. I hate the idea of this channel and see it costing WWE a fortune in lost money when fans lose interest by getting sick of it.

The only problem with the channel is, you can only watch the same episodes of Nitro and Raw, Thunder and Smackdown so many times.

Trust me.

For those who have DirecTV, you have access to a premium channel with WWE stuff in it. For 8 bucks a month, its a steal. I've had it for around a year, and im already seeing repeats of things I saw a few months ago.

If you watch the channel enough, you'll have seen everything. When you've seen everything, you won't stick around to see the same thing. Again.

And in my case, I remember watching it originally when it aired, so it'd be my 3rd or 4th time watching Raw and/or Nitro.. And that's freaking way to much.

According to a source within WWE’s corporate headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, the “very big announcement” is that Wrestlemania 28 will be broadcast live. The cable television network is expected to be launched on April 1, 2012, the day of WrestleMania.

I just read that WWE has announced that Wrestlemania will be LIVE on the new network because the network will start on APRIL 1ST 2012.

Time is closing in on the new network coming to fruition. A big announcement regarding their first PPV on the day of the opening of their new network.

If anything I think it's definately a hell of a kick off to the new wetwork with WRESTLEMANIA 28
Any thoughts on this developement. Good, bad or indifferent?

I have so many questions about this network. Is it basic standard cable like MTV, or pay premium like HBO? Are the ppv's shifting entirely to the new network? I'll have to wait and see. If WWE network is part of a standard TV package and the PPV's are aired on it, that's sweet.

I do not have a source. I copied and pasted that announcment. it does make since. WWE has actually stated that it will start the new network next spring, and it would make sense to air something as huge as WRESTLEMANIA to get people pumped and tuned in to the new netowrk. We'll see i guess

http://www.pwmania.com/

PWMANIA.COM

WWE’s “Very Big Announcement” Concerning Cable Network
Posted By Jose Rodriguez on Sunday, November 20th, 2011

During WWE’s third quarter conference call with investors on November 3, 2011, CEO Vince McMahon stated the organization would “soon be making a very big announcement” regarding WWE Network plans. He said the company feels confident they “finally turned the corner” on the cable television network’s status to make the announcement. Included will be future expenses of $4-6 million for staffing and $10-15 million for additional equipment and construction of their media center to house network operations.

According to a source within WWE’s corporate headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, the “very big announcement” is that Wrestlemania 28 will be broadcast live. The cable television network is expected to be launched on April 1, 2012, the day of WrestleMania.

WWE has bought extensive amount of office space in Norwalk and Stamford, Connecticut to employ over 200 employees for the cable television network. They’ve also spent money on trailers so employees could work on digitizing their vast tape library. WWE has approximately 100,000 hours of footage in their tape library, with 30,000 hours currently digitized.

I have so many questions about this network. Is it basic standard cable like MTV, or pay premium like HBO? Are the ppv's shifting entirely to the new network? I'll have to wait and see. If WWE network is part of a standard TV package and the PPV's are aired on it, that's sweet.

this i want to know to. i have directv and a lot of times when there is a new channel, DTV picks it up without me having to call them asking for it.

would be nice if this was the same, but they don't give you much info as to who can get it and who can't.

if they show a lot of older wrestling, i'd get it.

Im betting nearly 99% it will be a pay monthly Channel it wouldn't make bugger all money if it was just a standard network channel especial if they show PPV .

WM is there biggest selling PPV they arnt going to give it away free if they are to show PPV on the network maybe your be looking $20-$30 a month being your average PPV is $40 right?

I was going to ask a similar question. Is it going to be available in every area? I dont have the NFL channel, but I'm sure every DirecTv customer has it. Are we looking at a similar problem, if so, I think it should not debut on the Network. An idea would be like a superbowl, have the festivities, everything leading up to WrestleMania. But it should be in ppv. Unless it makes WWE much more money, then whatever works for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back