• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

All Things Paul Heyman/TNA

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
** MODERATORS NOTE **
----------
This is now the "All Things Paul Heyman/TNA" thread. There is no point to having numerous discussions about this seeing as they all pertain to the same topic, so marginal & semantic off-shoots are unnecessary – let's keep all the Paul Heyman/TNA discussion here.

We've read the dirt sheets, we've read the reports – TNA wants Paul Heyman, but does Paul Heyman want TNA?

Well according to an interview conducted recently with Brian Alvarez and Dave Meltzer of wrestlingobserver.com, Heyman may not be as disinterested as we've been lead to believe...

According to the interview, a move to TNA isn't entirely out of the question presuming they are prepared to allow Heyman to be more than just creative. Essentially he wants to be the "Dana White" of TNA – e.g. running the company.

You can watch the entire video interview here:

[YOUTUBE]wZHiSBf-SUU[/YOUTUBE]

It's also rumored that Jim Ross might become a target for TNA again were Heyman to get on board with the company, as Heyman and Ross are said to be on great terms still, and Ross is not under a talent-type contract, which means he can leave the WWE for TNA at any time. Ross would likely be brought in to run talent relations and the office.

Factor in the rumors that Dixie & TNA creative want Paul to debut this Sunday as the ring leader of the ECW Invasion at Victory Road, and you've got quite a story here, no?

** MODERATORS NOTE **
----------
This is now the "All Things Paul Heyman/TNA" thread. There is no point to having numerous discussions about this seeing as they all pertain to the same topic, so marginal & semantic off-shoots are unnecessary – let's keep all the Paul Heyman/TNA discussion here.

Paul heyman got right on the button with TNA. There are too many directions in tna and no one is stepping up and saying this is the way we are going to do things. This is the road we are going to take. There are too many people try to take the Vince McMahon Chair and trying to be the top person in charge.

I have a feeling that even if paul heymen does get in tna, im not sure if he can get in the position to say this is the direction we are going to take.

If they can get one person in the chair and have a specific plan on what they are going to do it will help tna alot. I remember Jim Ross talked with them once and asked what kind of plans they have for different things and dixie carter really didn't have an answer for that.

So like paul heymen If he can get his foot in the door and get people to listen to him I think that will help tna alot. He can't hurt tna by joining. Only good things can happen I think. Its either going to improve or just going to stay where it is at and Heymen will leave.

ps:thanks IDR for the video it was really interesting.

I think, #1 too much is being read into this,it may just be wishful thinking, #2 It could work if..paul heyman never controls the checkbook lol.

I think its definately interesting. But if they do bring in Paul Heyman...what would be considered a WIN for TNA? Increased ratings? Or the fans liking a better product?

I definately think if he comes in the writing and storylines will dramatically improve...but if a huge name like Hulk Hogan can't bring in more viewers.....how will Heyman?

Assuming that a decent amount of the rumors are true I think there is an interesting question to ask here. That being if Heyman does not do it does he hurt his legacy? I am sure plenty will argue that there is no reason for Heyman to go to TNA if he does not want to but I think I disagree. A large part of Heyman's legacy to me is his ability to cultivate a following from his wrestlers. In spite of his flaws he had plenty of quite loyal workers. Probably none greater than Tommy Dreamer. Now if Tommy goes to Heyman and says we have a lot of the old guys back together and want to show what this thing could ahve been if we ever got our chance. If Heyman says no I want to ride Brock Lesnar's coattails and am through with the wrestling business, doesn't that almost make him as bad as others who have turned their back on the industry? Doesn't that mean instead of being an inspiring leader back in the day, he was just a selfish guy playing wrestlers like Dreamer for fools? It is not cut an dry but I think turning down this chance over things he arguably has not been all that successful with in his career would reflect poorly on how we remember Heyman. That effect would be much worse than if he tried and it did not work out for whatever reason IMO.

These Heyman rumors are going to mean squat until Hogan's and Bischoff's contracts are up and they don't re-sign. There is absolutely no way these three guys can work as a unit and put out a good product. There is too much pride and ego within all three that I don't see this trio working out.

How long are Hogan/Bischoff signed for? A year?

These Heyman rumors are going to mean squat until Hogan's and Bischoff's contracts are up and they don't re-sign. There is absolutely no way these three guys can work as a unit and put out a good product. There is too much pride and ego within all three that I don't see this trio working out.

How long are Hogan/Bischoff signed for? A year?

You made a very good point there. It can go back to their are too many people say what there going to do. I also would like to know how long those two are signed for also.
I also wonder would heyman be able to work with those two and keep peace.

I don't know if it would work now that I think about it because the 3 of them would have to sit and talk and say who's going to step and be the person to take charge because not all of us can run the show. That right there will hurt tna because I don't see anyone wanting to step down.

First thing first.
I fucking love Paul Heyman, he is such a captivating person to me. I seriously could listen to him read a phone book.

Heyman is the only thing TNA truly needs to me. I really do believe he could provide TNA what it needs, a direction. Yada, yada, yada, blah, blah, blah, ECW this ECW that. We know he should not be the one to touch finances. Creative control though? Please yes, please, please, please.

I really do believe Paul E. could make TNA and mold it into what the original ECW was when he had all creative control. Absolutely must watch and captivating. You can tell me it was not, go join your 12 others that think the same. TNA has big name stars from past to present and I should not say big as most would argue the best. I agree. People who could be made into stars.

Call me a blind follower. Because I am.

I really hope TNA grabs him.

The main problem with TNA is there is too many captains at the helm. I tend to think of it like this TNA is a ship heading for a iceberg captain Bishoff says wheel right to avoid it, captain Hogan says wheel left to avoid it, and captain russo says ram the motherf****r. What is Heyman gonna possibly bring to that sititution especially when the owner is naive and is under the spell of all three men. He would have to fight a uphill battle just to get some influence in TNA. Why would he want to fight that hard for something thats not his baby?

edit: next time they need to interview in a quiter place i mean Heymans is pretty good at projecting his voice but some of those noises were just too loud.

First things first. Where did this interview take place? a construction site? You could hardly hear anything they were saying. But in all seriousness I enjoyed the interview. I thought that Meltzer and Alvarez could of found a better place to interview Paul that wasn't so noisy but that is besides the point.

Paul had some very interesting things to say and I agree with what he said to say regarding getting back into the wrestling business. He has children at home he doesn't want to be away from and he is very emotionally invested in the wrestling business. He would rather have a major role then a role on the sidelines in TNA or in any company. I do agree with what he said about him not being TNA's answer. There is so much talent there that anyone should be taking charge.

He said he didn't even care if it was Bischoff, Hogan, or Velvet Sky taking charge of TNA, as long as they are successful. I believe that TNA needs to fix whats wrong with the company and the marketing before they hire any new talent. I would love to see Heyman back in some sort of role, but if TNA can't get the ball rolling then I doubt Heyman or anyone else can.

They need goals and plans for success. They can't gamble and fly by the seat of their pants anymore. It doesn't matter who TNA brings in if they don't have an idea of where they are going or how to market themselves.
I do believe if the chips fall where they may and the stars align then we might see Heyman in TNA sooner then later. I wouldn't hold my breathe, but I wouldn't rule him out.

I don't expect to see Heyman at Victory Road, that's for sure.

Heyman is definitely right about Pro Wrestling being in a decline and not being "cool" anymore. He's also right about TNA not having any true mainstream stars and not marketing their product well. The way he talked about it, he isn't coming to TNA. He's doing his own thing right now with Brock and UFC. He's open to a return, but there's no way TNA would give him "Dana White control" over the company.

He's absolutely right about saying it doesn't matter if Velvet Sky is the one to step up, as long as everyone is behind a sole direction in TNA, because there are too many directions currently in TNA. I don't think TNA needs Heyman, it would be great, but it isn't required for success. Just like Heyman said, they just need to get behind one direction and go with it.

Paul had some very interesting things to say and I agree with what he said to say regarding getting back into the wrestling business. He has children at home he doesn't want to be away from and he is very emotionally invested in the wrestling business. He would rather have a major role then a role on the sidelines in TNA or in any company. I do agree with what he said about him not being TNA's answer. There is so much talent there that anyone should be taking charge.

I agree. I'm also a little surprised at just how blatantly honest Paul Heyman has been about this whole thing. No beating around the bush, no coy little hints about what he may or may not do, just exactly what he thinks and feels.

He said he didn't even care if it was Bischoff, Hogan, or Velvet Sky taking charge of TNA, as long as they are successful. I believe that TNA needs to fix whats wrong with the company and the marketing before they hire any new talent. I would love to see Heyman back in some sort of role, but if TNA can't get the ball rolling then I doubt Heyman or anyone else can.

I also definitely agree with Heyman's statement there. I know that Vince Russo gets a lot of criticism for what's happened a lot in TNA in 2010, but it's more than just him. TNA management needs to fix certain, fundamental problems within the company, in my opinion, that can't be solved by bringing in new bookers or new wrestlers.

They need goals and plans for success. They can't gamble and fly by the seat of their pants anymore. It doesn't matter who TNA brings in if they don't have an idea of where they are going or how to market themselves.

A lack of direction does seem to be one of TNA's bigger problems I believe. If Dixie Carter wants TNA to be the #1 wrestling company in the world, that's fine. But the formula that TNA has been using and the direction they've been going simply hasn't paid off. It's not just that, but I don't think that TNA has really established their own identity. Rather they're using bits and pieces of what other companies have done and have attempted to sort of piggyback of that success. Don't get me wrong, I know that rehashing happens a lot in wrestling, but it's really happening A LOT in TNA. Not only are storylines and angles from WCW and WWE being frequently used, they've attempted to pull them off by using some of the people often involved in such angles.

I think its definately interesting. But if they do bring in Paul Heyman...what would be considered a WIN for TNA? Increased ratings? Or the fans liking a better product?

I definately think if he comes in the writing and storylines will dramatically improve...but if a huge name like Hulk Hogan can't bring in more viewers.....how will Heyman?

Heyman's contribution will be in bringing in great and compelling storylines, that's something Hulk Hogan couldn't bring. Because fans were excited about TNA when hogan came in but quickly recognized that the show wasn't any good.Now you bring in Heyman writing skills with Hogan's star power, Now you might see a rise in the ratings.

The main problem with TNA is there is too many captains at the helm. I tend to think of it like this TNA is a ship heading for a iceberg captain Bishoff says wheel right to avoid it, captain Hogan says wheel left to avoid it, and captain russo says ram the motherf****r. What is Heyman gonna possibly bring to that sititution especially when the owner is naive and is under the spell of all three men. He would have to fight a uphill battle just to get some influence in TNA. Why would he want to fight that hard for something thats not his baby?

this is why he will make sure he signs a contract that says he will have a ton of power in order to run things.

he's smart enough to know that he won't settle for anything less than borderline complete control.

I got around to watching the interview. Pretty interesting altogether. One little throwaway line I thought was especially interesting. He was talking about TNA and PPV and said something kind of just thrown in there about whether you might get of of PPV and find a different way of making money. This might add something to the rumors about TNA thinking about changing how they do PPVs.

Another interesting Heyman discussion topic might be who did he contact in wwe that their contract was about to be up? If that Mark is the only one mentioning this then it is hardly credible, but I assume he is incapable of having an original thought so this has been mentioned elsewhere. I know nothing about the contract lengths in wwe but my guess would be CM Punk or maybe Big Show.

Perhaps an interesting thing worth noting here...

Dixie Carter – who's already received a slew of heat and backlash for her use of her Twitter account to hype all things TNA – recently tweeted the following, which may (or may not) pertain to Heyman:

Oh, if you guys only knew who I met with today..... You will.

I know she's received flack in the past before for this type of thing, as people feel it generally amounts to nothing, or at least not to what it's hyped to be, but I do think there's potential this is about Heyman, or at the very least Kevin Sullivan, who we've also been told has been heavily rumored to potentially work for TNA's booking soon.

Thoughts on Dixie's moderately cryptic teaser?

Thoughts on Dixie's moderately cryptic teaser?

I doubt she is referring to Heyman because we already know she has met with him. If I had to throw a name out there it would be Bryan Danielson but it would be a total guess. If it is for this sunday then it likely would relate to the mystery tag team, which I suspect is coming from outside the company.

Oh yeah, on the who did Heyman inquire about in WWE there might be a strong case for it being Jericho. The obvious ECW ties and Jericho's contract is up in September and he has yet to re-sign apparently.

Ok guys we all have seen the tweets the denials and the promises,The hype for Paul Heyman's arrival in Tna,This has been very frustrating.But to me this whole thing is a ruse, I say that because I believe Heyman's has his deal. My Theory is Tna and heyman is just playing this out until Bound For Glory! Thats when things are going to change,Because if you go and look at the BFG promo it says ''THERE'S GOING TO BE A NEW ERA AND THINGS WILL CHANGE FOREVER''Now my thinking tells me we are going to start seeing this ECW group start to get involved these coming weeks ahead,Obviously leading to Hard Justice and at this PayPerVIEW Heyman will show up and this will lead to a month or so long battle for power in TNA between Hogan/Bischoff and Heyman and the battle will conclude at BOUND FOR GLORY when the new era of Heyman will begin.

This brings us to Heyman and TNA. I have absolutely had sources tell me in the last 24 hours that Heyman will be coming in full force and overseeing a complete makeover of the company roster and TNA's front office. However, all sides are still claiming that nothing has been put to paper. I do believe they are MUCH closer to a deal than they are letting on. It could even be they have agreed and are keeping it extremely quiet as well, although sources swear that is not the case. I will say this: Heyman knows how to market and present himself better than anyone, so my personal belief is he's waiting until he has exactly what he believes he needs/wants before agreeing to come in - or he's waiting to see if he gets a big offer from somewhere else - in order to get the best deal for himself. Time will tell.

Courtesy of PWInsider.com
This is very interesting and it seems that Heyman is indeed interested in coming in and is close to signing a deal with Tna

Surely the most important part of this video is about 14 and a half minutes in where he says he would need "$25-30 million" to make it worth his while to join TNA. So, if that's the case, there's no way Heyman is going to TNA.

A report on that part of the video can be found here
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-30million-for-him-to-join-TNA-Wrestling.html

To be fair he is not talking about a check for that amount. He is talking about the opportunity to make that much if the company grows and goes public. Essentially I think his numbers come from something like a 10 percent stake in the company that could be worth 300 mil at that point. If he did not think they gave him the power to grow the company to that amount then he was not interested. If TNA was worth that I think they would gladly pay him that money. Now how realistic that is, how much power he thinks he needs to accomplish that and how much of this payday he is looking for before his vision becomes a reality are the real questions.

Unless Paul Heyman is willing to compromise on what it's going to take to get him in TNA, I simply don't believe it's going to happen. Heyman has asked for a shitload of money, wants complete creative control over the product and wants TNA to be transformed into a publicly traded company. In essence, TNA as a company is basically going to have to be completely overhauled in order to have Paul Heyman join up. I know that there are rumors and stories going around that Heyman is close to signing a deal and all this and that. I've been hearing Paul Heyman rumors for months now and I'll believe it when I see it.

IF Heyman does come to TNA, I honestly can't help but wonder if he's already being set up to fail in the eyes of many. Let's face it, I know that lots of TNA fans and old ECW fans are practically salivating at the prospect of Heyman coming to TNA Wrestling and they're expecting his presence in TNA to be the beginning of many epic stories, matches and feuds. I've seen so many threads and comments about so and so coming to TNA, Whatshisname is going to revolutionize TNA, Whosits is going to take TNA in an exciting new direction and so on and so forth and I can't help but wonder if this would be another let down. I've seen so many hyped personalities ultimately fail and fall flat in TNA that I'm definitely skeptical when I see the various comments about Paul Heyman and what his presence in TNA would mean.

I know what Heyman did 12 and 15 years ago with ECW. That's all well and good, but I'm not concerned with it. If he came to TNA, I'd want to see if he's still got the magic and can still put it out there as many have said he could back in the day. I know what he accomplished in ECW and I don't care. Riding a wave of nostalgia for past accomplishments isn't what TNA needs as it's had more than enough of that already.

I do not know what is going to happen but I think Heyman is playing this the smart way. He knows they want him bad so he is asking for a lot of unreasonable things mainly to make sure he can get a few things they might not have given him that he feels are vital to his success when he inevitably has to scratch that itch. I doubt it is a no-compromise situation for him. Then again if he is only in it for the money and that is the only reason he would consider it then I think TNA is better off without him and they should pass. I also think doing an initial veteran cleanse like he did in ecw might be a mistake, even if the IWC would enjoy the product more.

It almost getting to the point where all the hype about heyman is getting to ridiculous levels, I have to wonder if its getting intimidating even to him people are expecting him to be thier savior pretty daunting if u ask me.

Not to mention that interview that was posted where he talking about his family and how he is reluctant to leave them for job where his hearts not in it.

How will Heyman help. Campare Pauls management skills in controlling a proffesional wrestling buissness to Terry Hogans. Alot of people miss ECW and if Heyman comes it will make the company better. Since Hogans arrival i find it hard to watch the crappy storylines and the bad matches that have been happening. BRING BACK FOLEY AND WE WANT SIX SIDES. you cant jsut come in and change stuff. As for eric hes the puppetmaster of Hogan and is just to blame as Terry. Bring in Heyman!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back